PDA

View Full Version : Throttle on = AC off?

thedodd87
12-10-2014, 04:52 PM
I am new to this forum and hoping that someone can help me figure this problem out! every time theres a load on the motor i.e. going up a hill, starting from a stop, accelerating etc. the ac makes a load noise and air stops flowing from the vents. it sounds like it diverts the air to the defrost, but no air blows out there either? Also i doubt this is related but my heater wont blow hot either, it only blows luke warm air? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

nickyg
12-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Classic symptoms of a vacuum leak. Do you still have your vacuum canister located in the front right bumper?

XJ Wheeler
12-10-2014, 05:15 PM
The vent door system is run off vacuum. You most likely have a leak in one of the lines somewhere. Good new is the lines are cheap, bad news the leak can be hard to find. Listen for a whistle.

On the heat you can try flushing your heater core, and back flushing, several times. Some also put a small amount of chemical like CLR in for a short period to set. NOT RUNNING. And flush it out.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

thedodd87
12-10-2014, 05:22 PM
@nickyg yes it is however I remounted it when I put on the winch bumper? Thanks guys huge help! @xj wheeler I flushed it once and it did get a little warmer? I'll have to try it again! Also I think the heater core is blown? It shoots steam onto the windshield and the pass side carpet is wet sometimes? I heard replacing the xj heater core is a nightmare?

Thanks again for all the help!

XJ Wheeler
12-10-2014, 05:34 PM
@xj wheeler I flushed it once and it did get a little warmer? I'll have to try it again! Also I think the heater core is blown? It shoots steam onto the windshield and the pass side carpet is wet sometimes? I heard replacing the xj heater core is a nightmare?

Thanks again for all the help!

If its leaking inside you probably don't need to worry about flushing it and just replace it. It is tedious and a bit lengthy but to put it in a kinder light its simply removing things and putting them back. You have to at least loosen the dash and move the passenger side back some to get the assembly out. Some remove the dash completely. I do recommend this because its tough to get everything back in place with it in the way.

Either way feel free to come here if you need answers to doing the job.

XJ Wheeler
12-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Also the spraying on the hood may not be the heater core since its inside and only the ends of the lines come through the firewall. In that are is hoses and the heater control valve so i would look at those.

Edit: i don't think the newer ones have a heater control valve so unless yours does obviously you couldn't check it for leaks. :p