PDA

View Full Version : 02 sensor advice

Lukexj
12-03-2014, 03:06 AM
Hey guys, Im doing a new exhaust set up and need some new sensors (02, TPS, etc..) and have read a lot about sticking with genuine mopar but when looking at rockauto it has NTK as the OEM? Are these a good option or should I be looking for something else? Also are these the correct ones?
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1644750&cc=1180314
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1644036&cc=1180314
As for other sensors on rockauto what is a good brand?

Thanks for any help.

nickyg
12-03-2014, 07:30 AM
I bought the the NTK O2 sensors from rock auto. Have them in about a year with 15 k on them. No problems so far... As far as other sensors go... I have a:
auto zone distributor sensor. for about 2 years now.
a Napa throttle position sensor. about 2 or three years
A cheap Idle control valve from rock auto. I just changed in the summer.
My biggest problems came from the crank position sensor... I went thru quite a few from Napa and orileys This summer I went with Mopar it was only about 10 dollars more then orileys. time will tell if it was worth it.

bluedragon436
12-03-2014, 07:43 AM
NTK is in fact the OEM style... My gf's LJ was throwing codes for the O2 sensors, so picked some up from AZ, and they were the Bosch style... worked fine for a little bit then started throwing sensor codes again... did some research and apparently Jeeps aren't big fans of the Bosch style for some reason... so ordered up 4 NTK O2 sensors from Rock Auto and haven't had any issues since...

HeepJr
12-31-2014, 04:35 PM
NTK is in fact the OEM style... My gf's LJ was throwing codes for the O2 sensors, so picked some up from AZ, and they were the Bosch style... worked fine for a little bit then started throwing sensor codes again... did some research and apparently Jeeps aren't big fans of the Bosch style for some reason... so ordered up 4 NTK O2 sensors from Rock Auto and haven't had any issues since...

Oh really they dont like Bosch ... :/ i just ordered a new down stream o2 sensor and its : BOSCH 13138 Oxygen Sensor (9027.10.0010)
how long you think itll last? before i need to get a new one?

4.3LXJ
12-31-2014, 07:57 PM
Down stream is not as critical as upstream

HeepJr
12-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Down stream is not as critical as upstream

Ooh okay good

downsy
01-01-2015, 10:05 AM
I've got Boshs in mine. Work just fine so far but haven't had them in there that long. Definitely made the Jeep run better, and I saw a small bump in gas mileage. The ones I took out were factory installed 180k miles ago. Thinking my CAT might be next it's the factory one as well.