PDA

View Full Version : HID light problem

Smith1
11-29-2014, 10:25 AM
I have a 98 jeep cherokee that I just did a light conversion on. I got new light housings and put HID kit in them. They seem to kill the battery over night while it is setting. I got it started and now the lights only work on hi.They also don't seem as bright as I thought they would be. It was a plug and play from off ebay. looked to be a good kit. The kit hooks up to the stock headlamp sockets. Has any one ran into this before? Not sure what to do or what i'm missing, but any ideas?:bang:

4.3LXJ
11-29-2014, 10:35 AM
That only working on high beam is typical of some of the kits. There is a simple little wiring fix for that I don't remember right now. I think NW99XJ on this forum knows though. As far as the battery dying goes, if I was tracking that down I would unplug the headlights and see if it happens to rule out coincidence

xj-jake
11-29-2014, 12:25 PM
If you have factory fog lights try pulling the fog light relay out of the box under the hood. I had issues when I put my LED lights in and that fixed it.

bluedragon436
11-29-2014, 12:39 PM
If you have factory fog lights try pulling the fog light relay out of the box under the hood. I had issues when I put my LED lights in and that fixed it.

Did the same thing on my 98 when I did the H4 headlight upgrade, had an issue with only working on brights. or going to brights and not returning to low beam... pissed quite a few folks off with that one, till I figured out how to fix it...

Smith1
11-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the replies! I pulled the HID light system out and found one side had melted wires, have no idea why. Will get in touch with where I got them from and see what they say.