PDA

View Full Version : Welcome nursexj!!!

bluedragon436
11-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Hi nursexj, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

nursexj
11-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Hello Everyone !!

I'm Maggie and this is my jeep (Romona)

*1998 4.0 6cyl Auto 4x4

*Gunmetal Pearl (love this color;)

*225x75x15 Kelly Safari

*Walker Silent muffler/walker tailpipe

*K&N air intake

*5 quarts of: Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil (high mileage) 10-30 and 1 quart: Lucas Synthetic

*Today I did a tuneup !! I used:
-Champion spark plugs (copper) --> part # 412
-Echlin Distributor Cap/Rotor --> part # M030 & M031
-Belden Premium Wires --> part# 700400
*************All parts from Napa******************

Future upgrades:
30x9.5x15 tire bfg t/a ko
Lift kit either 1.5 , 2.0 or 2.5 by Old Man Emu
New headlights (can't stand my HIDS)
Tinted Windows

Thanks for reading everyone, glad to be part of the community !!

-Maggie

prerunner1982
11-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Welcome from Oklahoma

4.3LXJ
11-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the forum Maggie. I think you are right, those blue HIDs are not all that good at night. Have you considered changing to white?

nursexj
11-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Maggie. I think you are right, those blue HIDs are not all that good at night. Have you considered changing to white?
Hey 4.3LXJ

Yes, I have considered white . I read on some forums about the quality of Hella and IPF's housings (since one of my headlights is cracked). They're suppose to be good.

As for what type bulb , I'm indecisive . Any recommendations ?

This is what I found:

- HELLA 003427291 Vision Plus 190x132mm High/Low Beam 12V Halogen Conversion Headlamp (HB2):Amazon:Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71g2pTs2k%2BL.@@AMEPARAM@@71g2pTs2k%2BL

(This hella housing comes with bulbs but I read some reviews that stated they weren't bright enough. It is halogen and price is good. Might consider just changing bulbs.

-http://www.amazon.com/ARB-820H-Rectangular-Headlamp-Insert/dp/B004LQCIR2/ref=pd_sbs_auto_14?ie=UTF8&refRID=08GSMM0C7Q4BQDNAS2S6

(This one is just the housings (No Bulbs included), only read good things about this one.)

-As for bulbs: Maybe
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97018_2200.htm
(Pricey for some bulbs) :P

Mayooo
11-17-2014, 01:49 PM
The problem with HIDs are that the housing needs to be designed for them. Most HIDs are used in a projector type of headlight. The hid bulb is longer than the standerd bulb. Making the angle of the light source react differently on the reflector.

I'll give you a good example. High beams! Most of them are a lower watt than the low beams. But the output is changed because the filament sits off center from the low beams filament.. Changing the angel the lights bounce off the reflector.
So when you put these elongated HIDs in a standard housing all you are doing is creating a wash of light across the road instead of a focused pattern

XJ Wheeler
11-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the site Maggie. If you're looking for headlight upgrades i highly suggest a heavy duty harness. Both LMC and Putco makes them and its vital for getting all you can from your lights. Plus if you're looking to increase that wattage of the bulbs you have to do it because the factory switch can't handle that high draw.

Clean jeep by the way. Love the gunmetal color as well. But i am partial to blue anyway. :p Good choice deciding on old man emu suspension, its some of the best around.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

nursexj
11-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys !!

Mayooo: Learn a little everyday :) thanks for detailed info about HID's. No wonder they're killing me at night. Lights are definitely the first thing I'm going to upgrade.

XJ Wheeler: Thanks the recommended harnesses, i def will have to upgrade that too . Leaning towards putco.

Good stuff guys :D

4.3LXJ
11-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Hey 4.3LXJ

Yes, I have considered white . I read on some forums about the quality of Hella and IPF's housings (since one of my headlights is cracked). They're suppose to be good.

As for what type bulb , I'm indecisive . Any recommendations ?

This is what I found

What I have done is run the H4 housings, and use IPF Fatboys. They are brighter than normal and made for the regular H4 housing. But they are not too bright so that people flash their lights at me. A lot of people like Sylvania Silverstars, but I cannot get them to last in my Subaru. But I run headlights 24/7

Pookapotamus
11-18-2014, 08:45 AM
I also run the ipf housing with a fat boy h4, love them, nice and bright, but on the flip side I very rarely use them, I have a set of TJ driving lights that I use for city driving, not sure what it's like in the states but up here there are so many street lights that lights are not needed at all and I see no use for headlights. Nothing I hate more than being in the city and can't see in front of me because of a little civic in the oncoming lane with super bright lights.

But that's just me!

And welcome to the forum Maggie! Great group here always willing to help!

XJ Wheeler
11-18-2014, 04:57 PM
I also run the ipf housing with a fat boy h4, love them, nice and bright, but on the flip side I very rarely use them, I have a set of TJ driving lights that I use for city driving, not sure what it's like in the states but up here there are so many street lights that lights are not needed at all and I see no use for headlights. Nothing I hate more than being in the city and can't see in front of me because of a little civic in the oncoming lane with super bright lights.

But that's just me!

And welcome to the forum Maggie! Great group here always willing to help!

Here, there are only street/highway lights in city areas. We have a lot of open highway at least in Texas. But, most lights seem to never work anyway due to lack of maintenance. :rolleyes:

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

nursexj
11-18-2014, 10:58 PM
It is Pitch black when I drive through the back roads here in jersey. Gonna try and get my lights soon ,hopefully before this snow hits D:
Just found out I need a new fuel pump (just when you feel like splurging) Awesome lol

Well guys, priority calls ! Sighs'

autotech98
11-19-2014, 04:51 AM
Welcome Maggie i recognize your jeep from another forum.Glad you found your way here everyone is friendly and willing to help. Love that gunmetal pearl.