PDA

View Full Version : I'm naming her Frankenstein!

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 08:55 AM
bought my jeep back in march and haven't really worked on it till i got some free time in august. when i bought it i knew i had to replace the rockers and a little body work .. A LITTLE well i tore the carpet out and seats and dash and Everything. i bought the jeep for $875 new rockers $102 each so now i thought im just hitting a $1000 cheap build. NOT the case. While doing this Everybody told me it was a waste of time it will never pass safety waste of money my girlfriend hates me for wasting all my weekends working on this and my dad wants it out of his garage. as of this weekend its going for its safety and e Test Monday morning Nov.17 2014. here is all the pictures....

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 08:59 AM
There is 90 something pictures

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:01 AM
My little girl wanted to drive xD and there was so many wiring isuues

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Floors were completely rotted out and the wiring he spliced an alarm system into the ignition wiring and cut it all up and shorted out 90% of the electronics in the car.

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:07 AM
the trunk was probably where i spent most my time bending and folding all the metal around the wheel wells and in and around the gas tubes also had to build a new gas lin cover for under the trunk dont think i took a picture of it.

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Theres that alarm system i had to rip out also crumbled brake lines i replaced all brake lines and brakes and routers new emergency brake line on passenger side new master cylinders on back brakes. also new dust cover for the front because the old ones fell of when i took of the routers.

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:14 AM
new ujoints for the front end steering. rear rocker panel was rusted water puddled in the inside and rotted from inside out looks rough now wait till later pictures.

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:18 AM
The inside was alittle hard but i managed i also filled it with a fiber glass filler with so it wont fill up again also fully sealed. outside rocker still looks rough but i put a rough fiber glass on it to con-seal the weld alittle better.

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Also when i was cutting out the old metal i thought the gas tank was atleast an inch away from the metal i was using a plasma cutter and i found out real quick where the tank was had a fireball in my face it went out after alittle bit i was so lucky! patched the tank with some bondo. sorry didnt take picture lol

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:25 AM
was just about done in the trunk so i tore out the rest of the carpet to find i had another rusty surprise. waiting for primer to dry i sanded down the fender flares because previous owner painted them without taking off previous paint gloss so they chipped to crap real quick so i thought while i was working why not make it look good too.

4.3LXJ
11-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Nice job on all of it. Of course it is worth it. My wife and I just talked briefly about this last night. I just spent about $300 on new injectors. But the alternative is car payments. And those we don't have anymore.

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:29 AM
metal work in the front was to easy i think i blew through it in one weekend. btw its not painted if some of you think that i did its a sand able primer i put on because how long ive been dragging this on i didnt want it to rust while i was still working.

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:33 AM
theres that back rocker not painted sanded the fiber glass and coated with primer ready for paint! and the old rockers cleaned up i cheated with them the top of the original rockers were still solid metal so i cut the new rockers top off and welded

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:37 AM
new rockers on old rear shocks had to go they were crumbling on me new ones came with the jeep when i bought it so did a power steering pump that i also put it dont think i took a pic tho. fuel filter looked like it had better days so replaced that and there is half of the metal off the jeep all of that pile is from the jeep already took a pile to the scrap yard

4.3LXJ
11-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Ha ha, nice shocks :D

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:42 AM
All metal work is done got my dad to fiber glass everything that needed it i dont know anything about fiber glass so he did all that and he bed lined the inside of my jeep while i asphalt sprayed the bottom of my jeep. you can see where i welded the rockers on here also he fiber glassed the seem better to hide it make it look better :D new steering strut to old one was snapped at base

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:48 AM
covering up the jeep for painting my fender flares and rockers are painted

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:52 AM
My car was taking up there fire place room and there work out room ( aka my old room after i moved out xD ) i think there happy im just about done.! putting interior back in and the new steering struts. and im a kid okay i have to have my green leds xD and my green carbon fiber vynal wrap on my dash. my prindal and my 4x4 also glows green :D

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Got the seats back in and see what i mean the old strut broke at the base almost didnt notice it till i was under coating. the glove boxes also glows green

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 09:58 AM
saw alittle rust on the bottom of the door so took the trim off found out it had to be fixed. cut it out bent alittle metal fit smoothly in place and primed and painted and those seems you see are going under the trim so not even able to notice it :D

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 10:04 AM
All in All i think you can tell why im naming her Frankenstein :D shes also getting 4 new wheels after her safety and **** does she sound nice! Also a small bit of info about me Im 18! and this is my first car! also have a Beautiful daughter so i wanted to make sure this car was safe for her Shes turning 1 on December 3rd and dont worry when shes old enough i will be lifting Franky! but for now its a family car ive been doing this on my weekends since august working 40 hour weeks during the week then right to the jeep. im so happy to get some free time and enjoy driving her now! tell me how you like her?

4.3LXJ
11-15-2014, 10:12 AM
You did a nice job, especially considering you are only 18. You should be quite the Jeep builder by the time you are my age. Red and green is fitting, considering the Christmas season :D

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 10:15 AM
My dad taught me to weld when i was 10 and ive been stuck to it. i know its like the red green show haha i plan on later on down the road re painting the outside just dont have the money right now

OrangeXJ
11-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Looking good keep up the good work

xj-jake
11-15-2014, 01:24 PM
It looks great my friend, good for you. Now keep your daughter in on the build and it can be her first vehicle when she gets to be that age. Job well done!!

XJ Wheeler
11-15-2014, 04:38 PM
You've done amazingly well! And now you have a ton of time invested in it so you'll care for it better, at least that's my logic. :D This is a job I've been putting off for a while. I applaud you for taking this on, and for thinking of your daughter. :thumbsup:

oderdene
11-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Well done bro, nice to see how it looks now after all that work. Keep caring your family and XJ

HeepJr
11-15-2014, 07:07 PM
:D Thanks everyone. Just took it for a spin to test everything and it feels so nice to drive again so smooth! sadly i got 2 more problems to fix the Driver side fog light doesn't light up and my two rear brake lights don't work but my top break light works i really hope its just the bulbs are dead and no more wiring problems but ill find out tomorrow. i might just replace my fog light with 6" chrome i have sitting around in the garage don't really like chrome on red but if i have to i will.

Mayooo
11-22-2014, 03:19 PM
WOW!!! And I thougth mine was bad.

I would tear my carpet out but that's what's holding it together.

Great work you've done to it.

TSquared42
11-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Nice work, looks like you've learned a ton!

rabies
11-24-2014, 11:58 AM
seems like work done right. why didnt you just tuck/fold rear quarters?

HeepJr
11-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Didn't actually think about that maybe next time xD

HeepJr
11-24-2014, 05:47 PM
As of today i just put it on the road passed safety and e test with no problem just had to install day time running lights and that was $25 at Canadian tire and 10 mins of work. But on the road with its plates and just watched my wallet empty $700! $100 for plates and sticker and $600 for insurance :O some reason i had to pay a double payment first month or something stupid.

4.3LXJ
11-24-2014, 06:09 PM
It is still good news though

TSquared42
11-25-2014, 05:42 AM
I'm really impressed, you Jeep looks great. Can you give some detail about the day time running lights? It' never occured to me to install that "option" I always drive with my lights on it's my better half that forgets.

XJ Wheeler
11-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Looks amazing bud. Very well done. Sorry to hear about the insurance, I am not a fan of their kind.

HeepJr
11-26-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm really impressed, you Jeep looks great. Can you give some detail about the day time running lights? It' never occured to me to install that "option" I always drive with my lights on it's my better half that forgets.

Day time running lights is when your lights are all ways on. I've never heard of it till he told me it needed it for safety i hate it my auto shifter and 4x4 is always light up same with my dash cluster now thinking of taking it out since it already passed

4.3LXJ
11-26-2014, 08:22 PM
I run lights in the day on some rigs, with relays to automatically shut off the lights when the key is off. But they were not required in 94 anywhere I know of. Is he trying to make you run them?

HeepJr
11-27-2014, 11:27 AM
I run lights in the day on some rigs, with relays to automatically shut off the lights when the key is off. But they were not required in 94 anywhere I know of. Is he trying to make you run them?

the mechanic from top gear said that they were post to be on the 96 but mine didn't so i installed them.

autotech98
11-30-2014, 12:03 AM
Looks great man! Very nice work,and the satisfaction of knowing where it was and where it is now and that you did all the work yourself is priceless.You have a jeep to be proud of my friend

HeepJr
11-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Yes i know my jeep better then i know my fiance! haha. I'm changing all the fluids (differentials) tomorrow just for maintenance and looking into the drive shaft feels like the u joints in there have seen better day there starting to clunk a little switching between drive and reverse well i hope its the ujoints.

HeepJr
12-02-2014, 03:33 PM
What is normal km for a full tank in a stock cherokee 4.0? city