PDA

View Full Version : Security alarm on a 91 XJ!

pezter65
11-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Sometimes in the morning when I turn my XJ on the alarm goes off, the factory alarm that is. how do i bypass it when I turn the key so it doesn't wake my roommate up? Please help anything would be appreciated! Also is there a post limit here ?because I've been posting a lot, feel kind of like I'm taking advantage of it....😕

4.3LXJ
11-13-2014, 09:56 AM
No post limits here. Post all you want. But I have to say I really don't know anything about the alarm though. However others do

abebehrmann
11-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Hmmmm, where is NW99XJ when you need him? He'd be the first person I would ask for alarm/stereo questions.

pezter65
11-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks 4.3 😃

NW99XJ
11-13-2014, 10:27 AM
I'll look up the factory alarm wiring and pass it along... usually its as simple as applying ground to a single wire.... or disconnecting a lead somewhere.
In the meantime... try unlocking the Jeep using the key in the drivers door lock.
MOST factory alarm systems are tied into the door lock switch as a master "disarm" ...not ALWAYS the case, but more often times than not.
I'd even go so far as to lock/unlock it a couple times before getting into the Jeep....even if it's already unlocked.
If you no longer have the factory key fob to disarm the system, these can be ordered thru your local dealership... but my advice would be to spend the money on an aftermarket system instead.

pezter65
11-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Yeah I think if I open the door and then I don't use the key on the ignition it sets it so next time I get in the alarm goes off when I turn the key on the door trying to just figure that out if that's true or not thanks for the info NW

NW99XJ
11-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Ok, I looked up the information on how to disable the OEM security system.
And as I suggested, the process involves grounding a single wire.
You'll be looking in the drivers side kick panel, at the harness that goes into the door jam/boot... there will be a green wire with an orange stripe. If you splice into this with a wire of similar gauge, and then GROUND that wire, this will permanently disable the security system.
The only side effect would be the "Security" light in the dash may stay on when the ignition is on. You can then remove the bulb for this, or put a piece of tape over it.

If you have any questions feel free to post them up, and i'll be more than happy to walk you thru the process or advise you as best I can.
I hope this helps, Good luck!

pezter65
11-13-2014, 10:47 AM
That's awesome NW .I think I read something about that wire before you just confirmed it thank you

NW99XJ
11-14-2014, 11:42 AM
That's awesome NW .I think I read something about that wire before you just confirmed it thank you

No problem, glad to help.
Make sure you report back and let us know how things turn out.

pezter65
11-14-2014, 12:06 PM
Will do, probably tinker on it this weekend it doesn't sound like it will take very long hopefully....