PDA

View Full Version : Did some work

Tmhippo
10-30-2014, 03:40 PM
:patriot:

Well I did some work to my 1999 Cherokee Sport
Fixed two oil leaks one at the distributor and the other the valve cover gasket. Had an oil change done with new air filter (That was last week) got 21 mpg's for my last tank of gas.
Today i cleaned the throttle body and installed a throttle body spacer.
I also picked up some new rims 16x7. did have 15x7s on. they came with some used tires with good tread still Goodyear SA. took off my Goodyear - duratracs :rolleye0012: very worn
My next two projects are to replace the wiring harness for the body to the lift gate and get some new fuel injectors

prerunner1982
10-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Sounds like you are getting a lot of stuff knocked out in a hurry.... wish I could say the same. Welcome to the 20+mpg club.. :D

Tmhippo
10-30-2014, 04:15 PM
thanks

not really, just the cheap stuff

bluedragon436
10-30-2014, 04:36 PM
thanks

not really, just the cheap stuff

Hey got to start somewhere... cheap or not, still items that need attention and to be replaced... Out of curiosity, how long did your Duratracs last ya?? Only wondering cause I am looking at picking up a 97 XJ, and it has a set of them in 31" flavor, and was just trying to gauge how folks feel about their life.. Watched a pretty neat review video done buy a guy with 15,000 miles on his and how he talks about them, def makes em seem pretty decent tires for all around use and their life seems pretty reasonable for a set of tires that have been run fairly hard offroad as well as DD use..

Tmhippo
10-30-2014, 04:50 PM
almost 45000 miles, but i was bad about rotation and i didn't get my aliment done right away when i put my 3" lift on three years ago. so that didn't help. i liked them but i will be getting Goodyear adventure w/ Kevlar next in 235/85 r16 (31 inch )http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic.jsp?sidewall=Outlined+White+Letters&tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+All-Terrain+Adventure+with+Kevlar

XJ Wheeler
10-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Sounds like a good project. I do a lot of that "cheap" stuff all the time. Sometimes its the little things that make it complete. Good job on the work and keep us updated. Its all part of owning an xj. :thumbsup:

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Tmhippo
11-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Well here is an update:
I will say, I feel a difference in the throttle body. Now acceleration seems smoother and more responsive. Not sure which is making the most difference the Spacer or the cleaning LOL. I will also give credit to the better gas milage in my first post to using 87, since i am running 85 (Colorado) now and milage is sucking ( but it is all in town driving so far - now fishing trips this time). I did get my wiring harness in the mail. I hope to get it installed Tue or Wed. Wont happen today since it will be cold with a chance of rain and/or snow.

Tmhippo
11-23-2014, 08:08 AM
Well I put the injectors in on Thursday, took about an hour. Only trouble was two o-rings stayed in the injector rail. Once I figured that out I got everything to seat!! :) . It's running like a Champ. Feels smoother and seems to have more power especially going uphill not as much down shifting. Well anyway I am happy with the upgrade and that is what counts most.

Mudderoy
11-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Here's an old one!

http://youtu.be/xeSIDLvrL9k