PDA

View Full Version : Quick fix Options

Yaman
10-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Hello again.I have this son whit his jeep a 94 XJ with really tired:indifferent0020: back Springs.
I have a recked 97 XJ.I was thinking of just cutting the ends off of the 97 full pack and remove all but the main on my sons and putting the 97 underneath the 94 main.He packs big speakers and about 100lbs of gear all the time would this work or would it lift it up to much? the front is stock and slightly tired.He has no money and only my time to work with lol.
What are your thoughts.:crazy:

XJ Wheeler
10-28-2014, 07:26 PM
I think you would only get a very slight amount of lift since they are the same arch or were. It will sag less but also be a little harsher ride. I've never done this but it may be a way to get by for now. Although, are the '97 springs in better shape? May think about just swapping those over.

4.3LXJ
10-28-2014, 08:42 PM
That would not lift it much. It would give you about 200# extra payload

Yaman
10-29-2014, 06:36 AM
Thanks alot I just want him on the road again.He has been using his mothers car and we all know how that usually turns out :rolleye0012:

I was going to swap out the full leaf but I have strugled with these in the past and unless we were going with a lift not worth the :bang:

I will get at it this weekend.

Yaman
11-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Well I got to the quick fix.I was pleased with the outcome.My son well he is a happy :bacondance:
WE changed the shocks also and yes all the bolts broke.
looked on form found post for that fix worked awesome punch out the broken bolts fish in new yes easy p easy.

He has 235/73/15 tires.I am thinking he ended up with 1" lift or stock height with extra pay load which is good.
Went for a ride hit some bumps and it rides pretty good with the weight he has in it.

This is a good option if those main leaf spring bolts look like trouble and you just want a little better than stock ride height with more pay load.
I forgot to take pics of before but i will try to post after shots.
Not sure but I am having trouble posting pics will not work for me any suggestions?

Thanks for your input guys :beer:

XJ Wheeler
11-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Sounds good! Nice work, and with the pics this thread may help you out. http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=174

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.