PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a vehicle

denverd1
10-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Any of you guys ever shipped a vehicle? Got a smoking deal on a car in Chicago area. Need to get it down to Texas. Thought of going to get it and the :bang: that would be.

Found American Auto Shipping. Price of $929 door to door. Anybody used them? any horror stories or accolades, please share them all.

Thanks!

Mudderoy
10-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Sorry I don't have any info on that company, I was curious so I did a quick search and found this though.

http://www.autodriveaway.com/

Apparently they find someone where the vehicle is located that have reason to be driving to where it needs to go. They then drive YOUR vehicle to you. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, but I guess it's better than finding something and either flying them up, or back.

OrangeXJ
10-28-2014, 11:46 AM
I don't know what kind of car you are thinking about shipping. Being a vette owner there is a vette fourm I visit quite often and they give Angles Transport there thumbs up for shipping vettes all over the country. From what I've seen 900-1000 bucks is about the norm for shipping a car.

denverd1
10-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Its a BMW for the wife. Angels is pretty much what I was looking for as it looks like it will be an enclosed trailer.

Muddy, thats interesting! like uber for a car you don't have yet!

slvmart
10-28-2014, 03:07 PM
I shipped my F350, from here in SW Michigan, to Pheonix. Went through a broker, Certified Auto Shippers out of Portland, Or. It cost me $1450. But that was a couple of hundred more than the basic quote because I had a appointment to have the vehicle there on a specific date.

No issues, other than the driver was afraid to go down anything but a mayor interstate.:bang: