PDA

View Full Version : Need an ax15 manual trans crossmember.

Smlxjne
10-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Like the title says. ISO a crossmember out of an Xj with an ax15 manual trans. If you have a spare or know where I can source one ease let me know. I searched all the local yards and can't even find manual.

Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep the rubber side down

4.3LXJ
10-26-2014, 05:00 PM
The cross members are the same. The transmission mount adapter changes between manual and auto

Smlxjne
10-27-2014, 08:07 AM
See... I have heard and read conflicting reports... I can see the mounts them selves are different but I checked at my work and the cross member for the puegot (ba5?) manual and automatic share the same Part number but the crossmember for the ax15 is a different part number. So at this point I'm
Not sure what to do. I smashed my crossmember last time I went wheeling and it is causing some driveline issues. Doh! 😲

XJ Wheeler
10-28-2014, 01:57 AM
Here's pics of my '92 AW4 crossmember if you want to compare. It appears to be somewhat universal. You can see in the center it has eight mounting holes, but the AW4 only uses four. So I would assume the other four are for other transmissions. Hope this helps.

Smlxjne
10-28-2014, 07:19 AM
Thx. I'll check k it out. I appreciate the pics.

Smlxjne
10-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Verified!! The aw4/ Peugeot mount and the ax15 mount is different. Granted... Not a huge difference but none the less. 6313

XJ Wheeler
10-30-2014, 02:48 AM
Verified!! The aw4/ Peugeot mount and the ax15 mount is different. Granted... Not a huge difference but none the less. 6313

It does, although by the looks of it (of course measurements would be better, but in lieu of) the bolt pattern is the same. Now, the mounting surface is clearly lower in the center on yours. So you could either cut and lower the center of an auto crossmember or do a t-case drop to make up for it. Unless, it would work without modification, but that would be something only someone with firsthand experience could say or in person looking at it.

Smlxjne
10-30-2014, 06:56 AM
Yeah. Gonna have to explore my options on this and figure something out. I'll keep posting on what I end up doing. And I'll try to get some measurements. 😉

prcjeep
11-05-2014, 03:50 PM

I ran into this issue as well when i busted my ax15 crossmember, the auto xmember wouldn't install as it forced the drivetrain too high contacting the tunnel. I used an auto xmember with a 1 inch crossmember/tcase drop

Smlxjne
11-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Yeah. I've seen a couple people doing that. Luckily I was able to snag one out of the junk yard this weekend. 👍👍