PDA

View Full Version : When buying new led lights, do I???

dagod16
10-25-2014, 07:05 AM
Do I buy flood lights or spot lights for general everyday fog lights replacement?

And what is the minimium watts of light I should have for LED fog lights?

Thanks
Rob

Philxj4L
10-25-2014, 09:13 AM
Do I buy flood lights or spot lights for general everyday fog lights replacement?

And what is the minimium watts of light I should have for LED fog lights?

Thanks
Rob

I've not had a chance to see what LEDs are like in fog, but I would guess a spot beam pattern would be best for fog, they should 'cut' below the fog as opposed to a wide spread flood that would just light the fog up. Someone may have experience of how LEDs react with fog.
There are a fair range of design/style of LEDs around 17-20w, that should provide the light output for what you want them to do.

4.3LXJ
10-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Yes, spots are best and mounted low for fog. Now if you are just using them for driving as an assist to OEM lights, then flood is the way to go for everyday use.

WhiteDevil1311
10-26-2014, 07:29 AM
Id look at beam degree angle when buying these bulbs. They come in various wattage output thus changing the angles. Spots are for fog and driving and floods are used more for area lighting. A spot and flood of same wattage are two very different bulbs. What bulbs are you looking at? I install low volt led lighting for a living. Also one major thing pay attention to the kelvin temp. You can waste a lot of money on them if you dont like their color. The lower the temp number the more yellow to orange it is. Higher numbers yield whites and blues. 2700k is warm white while 6-7000k is cool white ...10k is a bright white blue. Ect ect. yes even a 2700k to 3200k bulb will emit a different noticeable color. What you see on most cars out now are cool white diodes

dagod16
10-26-2014, 08:18 AM
/can you give me a link to a good replacement fog light that is a spot that will fit into the slot of the old fog lights
Thanks

WhiteDevil1311
10-26-2014, 11:30 AM
What bulb is used now?