PDA

View Full Version : Rough country 4.5" lift AAL

cherokee4x4
10-11-2014, 11:09 PM
So im looking to get the rough country 4.5' aal kit for my cherokee, which currently sits stock. The current Leaf springs on my jeep do sag about 1" give or take. My question is, will adding the AAL to the factory spring pack actually lift it 4.5", or will it only lift 3.5" because of the 1" sag? Sorry if thats a stupid question :D

bigjim350
10-12-2014, 04:02 AM
It will probably lift it to around 4.5" briefly. Then the add-a-leaf will begin to sag as well. I'd spend the extra money and get the new 4.5" rear leaf springs.

Philxj4L
10-12-2014, 05:14 AM
I bought a pair of brand new +3" RC coils for mine recently, with the winch and bumper/brush gaurd hangin off the front, I actually lost 1.5" of lift after fitting them. I wasn't impressed with the Rough Country coils, specially after spending £150 on them.

Mudderoy
10-12-2014, 07:20 PM
So im looking to get the rough country 4.5' aal kit for my cherokee, which currently sits stock. The current Leaf springs on my jeep do sag about 1" give or take. My question is, will adding the AAL to the factory spring pack actually lift it 4.5", or will it only lift 3.5" because of the 1" sag? Sorry if thats a stupid question :D

I went with this kit because it got me to 4.5" I needed for the wheels and tires I wanted to put on, but I knew I was going to get full 3.5" leaves with shackles later, which I did. Cheaper, in the long run, to get the kit with full leaf springs.