PDA

View Full Version : Coil spring retainer clip bolt

rabies
10-10-2014, 11:18 AM
its sticking up an inch. could this cause death wobble? not sure how the spring is still where its sitting after hitting bumps.
at 50mph it comes on pretty bad. it comes on earlier if i hit a bump

anyways. i have replaced
u joints
driveshafts
ball joints
wheel bearings
wheels
tires
adj track bar and mount. drill bigger hole on axle part for bigger bolt
drag link
zj tie bar
coil springs
shocks

bushings were replaced by last owner with polys.

how in the world do i still have gaywobble. im bouts to push it into the river:mad0090:

4.3LXJ
10-10-2014, 12:27 PM
That wobble is annoying isn't it. Two things. First have you had your alignment and tire balance checked? Have someone saw the steering wheel back and forth and look for anything that moves that shouldn't. You would be surprised what might turn up. And also, that track bar mountings have to be absolutely solid, no movement at all

rabies
10-10-2014, 02:26 PM
wheels and tires were balanced.
havent checked new track bar like said. will do today.
getting another alignment on oct 24

rabies
10-13-2014, 09:40 AM
well.... got aset of stock wheels with 225/75r15
baby tires.
no wobble at all.
all the way up to 80mph
only a slight shudder when hitting a hard bump

4.3LXJ
10-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Might be a clue there. Although that shudder might indicate something a bit loose or even worn shocks

rabies
10-13-2014, 06:48 PM
everything is brand new. shocks r jk Rubicon shocks

4.3LXJ
10-13-2014, 07:41 PM
We had death wobble in the boy's TJ with just a little bit of oblong in the axle track bar mount. It doesn't take much at all

abebehrmann
10-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Double check the bolts on the trackbar mount. I was starting to get a slight wobble when I hit bumps on the highway, had the gf saw the wheel back and forth and sure enough there was like 1/8'' of movement on the bracket. Tightened up all the bolts and it went away.

rabies
10-14-2014, 09:13 AM
i havent had time to check that. i need a friend to see. i could always put my phone down there on video prolly. will do tomorow.
moving back into my old house.... :D...with a few acres of land to do whatever

rabies
11-06-2014, 12:02 PM
yesterday finally put on my WJ front upper control arms.
it pitched the angle of the front DS up at a more proper angle (.25" longer)
when swapping them out. right side. for upper front control arm. the bushing on body side was totaly worn. bushing fell out and was in peices...(was aftermarket poly type. red)
front end is alot stiffer. i think my wj front uppers are aftermarket though. they are round dom. very solid
just wanted to give an update. i think death wobble is cured. been beating on the jeep to make sure