PDA

View Full Version : We are now a 2 jeep family

editedforsafety
10-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Kind of a humorous situation.
My girlfriend sold her focus a few weeks ago, and after looking we finally found her something we both liked. 2001 WJ Grand with a 4.0. Very well maintained, owners seemed great, just selling because they were moving to North Carolina and didn't need a vehicle for Michigan winters anymore. We met up today for the exchange, and headed toward home.

4 miles later, it dies at a light and won't start..... Classic crank no start, and I tell my girlfriend it's probably a CPS but who knows. We contacted the seller, and she agreed to come out. By the time she got there, I got it to start, and we drove it to her local shop. Rather than calling off the deal, she said she was happy to pay for repairs. It was the CPS, and it called it quits at the ideal time. I'm glad I didn't have to try and fish that thing out a few months down the road. Seller was really cool about it and we both made the best of a bad situation.

4.3LXJ
10-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Good find, on the Jeep and the seller

bluedragon436
10-04-2014, 03:40 PM
That's a darn nice deal, both for the WJ as well as the seller.. Def lucked out on that.. I know some dealerships that wouldn't have handled that situation that easily or well!!

autotech98
10-04-2014, 05:55 PM
That's a darn nice deal, both for the WJ as well as the seller.. Def lucked out on that.. I know some dealerships that wouldn't have handled that situation that easily or well!!

Sounds like you got lucky on both counts.

editedforsafety
10-04-2014, 07:53 PM
She was awesome to buy from, I don't know if I would have been able to handle it as well as she did.

autotech98
10-04-2014, 08:43 PM
WE bought my daughters 01 g.c. from the same dealer we got my wifes 06 from.80,000 clean every option it was beautiful.tree weeks later the tranny went out,service manager wanted to put a used tranny with 120,000 in it.wife furious, daughter heartbroken,me trying to stay calm cause we just paid 8000 for it.It had a six month warranty on it so i calmly called my salesman and explained the situation.Got a new jasper trans with a three year warranty.You are truly blessed to have found such a P.O. that took care of it.Most around here would have said sorry its yours now...