PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Smlxjne!!!

BlueXJ
10-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Hi Smlxjne, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

Smlxjne
10-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I really enjoy your show. I listen through podcasts. Trying to get caught up with all the episodes. Tripped across your website through a search for some mod or part.

I own an 89 two door 5 speed manual Xj with a semi floating Dana 35. I bought it and almost nothing worked and it had a broken leaf spring to boot!! I've spent the last two years finally getting it "trail worthy" from hundreds of junkyard runs and countless hours, late night, annoying my neighbors, and am now taking her out and seeing what she can do. Pretty much everything is stock and by design. I wanted to get my rig trail ready at a stock level and progress from there so I could appreciate the mods all that more.

This is the second Xj I have owned and I really enjoy what I have learned and comparing the technology from yesterday year to today's vehicles. (I am a tech at a Chrysler dealership) I get a kick out of how technology has changed because people are dumb and can't take responsibility for them selves. ;-)

Keep up the good work on your end and I will continue to enjoy listening. :-)

4.3LXJ
10-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Welcome Sean. You probably have lots of tech to share with us too

XJ Wheeler
10-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Welcome to the site Sean! Thanks for listening to the show and glad you enjoy. By the sound of it you have done your homework and thought this out well. I learned the hard way you should get things in order before modifying. Now, give us some pics of the project so we can see your hard work!

Smlxjne
10-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Lets start from the beginning… when I was about 7 years old my parents bought a brand new 1990 XJ laredo off the lot and I instantly fell in love with it. we named her midnight. many fond and not so fond memories where formed in that Jeep (don't mind the vomit stain on the headliner) and my whole life I loved and took care of it even when I wasn't even old enough to drive her. once I was old enough I started modifying it. long story short, life happens and I wasn't able to drive her and ended up selling her to pay off bills.
http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag417/slicari83/DSCF0513_zps347ee109.jpg (http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/slicari83/media/DSCF0513_zps347ee109.jpg.html)

Only did the roof rack, a rear bumper system, and sliders from a company called rock ratz that isn't around anymore. I was very, very sad when I sold her and have regretted it ever since.

When I purchased my second xj off craigslist it had a number of issues with it and I probably payed too much for it. But even after about 6 years of guilt and misery after selling my last one, I was determined to own one again. :rolleye0018:

Anyways. When I bought it, the rear brakes where shot, the heat would come and go, when you turned on the headlights the blinker lights on the dash would ghost, you could smell fuel when you opened the hood, the 4wd didn't work and there was a mysterious clunk from the back end, not to mention a plethora of cosmetic and functionality issues, but the motor and trans was strong and it was what I was wanting, 2 door, 5 speed manual.

And I am new to this whole forum system… :bang: Im mainly on Facebook,:rolleye0012: so I will be adding photos soon… and I will start a build thread on the forum.

4.3LXJ
10-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Sounds like you have things well in hand and progress is eminent.

XJ Wheeler
10-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Photobucket is your friend for multiple photos. Just copy and paste the "IMG" code in your post.

Sorry to hear about losing the first one. Similarly i grew up in a '93 zj from age 8.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Mudderoy
10-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I really enjoy your show. I listen through podcasts. Trying to get caught up with all the episodes. Tripped across your website through a search for some mod or part.

I own an 89 two door 5 speed manual Xj with a semi floating Dana 35. I bought it and almost nothing worked and it had a broken leaf spring to boot!! I've spent the last two years finally getting it "trail worthy" from hundreds of junkyard runs and countless hours, late night, annoying my neighbors, and am now taking her out and seeing what she can do. Pretty much everything is stock and by design. I wanted to get my rig trail ready at a stock level and progress from there so I could appreciate the mods all that more.

This is the second Xj I have owned and I really enjoy what I have learned and comparing the technology from yesterday year to today's vehicles. (I am a tech at a Chrysler dealership) I get a kick out of how technology has changed because people are dumb and can't take responsibility for them selves. ;-)

Keep up the good work on your end and I will continue to enjoy listening. :-)

Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to joy :xjtalk: Please feel free to call into the show and leave a comment! (530) 675-4102