PDA

View Full Version : What did you order lately thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

denverd1
06-22-2015, 12:14 PM
OGcollard you stick with the stock cam profile or pep things up a bit? Always been curious about a more aggressive profile in these motors. Between timing and a slightly more aggressive lift and duration most motors are night and day difference. Have heard/read the stock cam was a good one though.

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

OGCollard
06-22-2015, 12:26 PM
I went with stock. My mechanic skills are painfully amateur at best. I did not want to create a situation where i would need to go back in there. Plus budget kept me where i am. I figured with all the guts basically new it should feel plenty peppy to me. I think it has been kinda broke and underpowered since i bought it.

toledojeeper
06-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Ordered some Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flares , didn't know if I should go with flat flares or the pocket flares but after seeing the flat flares in person I didn't like the looks of them.

toledojeeper
06-24-2015, 03:57 PM
Ordered some Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flares , didn't know if I should go with flat flares or the pocket flares but after seeing the flat flares in person I didn't like the looks of them.

I cancelled the order after a friend who just installed them on a XJ with 31 inch tires said that now his tires look to small . Ugh..hate it when a plan falls apart and hate dealing with the side of the Jeep coated in snow and ice .:bang:

bluedragon436
06-24-2015, 04:23 PM
I cancelled the order after a friend who just installed them on a XJ with 31 inch tires said that now his tires look to small . Ugh..hate it when a plan falls apart and hate dealing with the side of the Jeep coated in snow and ice .:bang:

Time to go larger tires!!! LOL Or you cold drop lift height just a little bit, get a lower COG an still run the 31's.. But yeah, I that is part of the reasons I'm scared to pick up cut out flares...

cpttuna
06-24-2015, 09:42 PM
Timken 5-760x and 5-1310x U-joints off the internet. I can't get them locally.

bluedragon436
06-28-2015, 08:33 AM
I ordered a set of satin black aluminum hood vents for my XJ.. Can't wait to get home and install em, and see how much cooler I can get the engine bay..

http://www.americanrockrods.com/images/Trail%20components/Hood%20louver%20kits/hood_louver_XJ_small.jpg (http://www.americanrockrods.com/hood_louver_kits.php)

Mudderoy
06-30-2015, 06:25 AM
i cancelled the order after a friend who just installed them on a xj with 31 inch tires said that now his tires look to small . Ugh..hate it when a plan falls apart and hate dealing with the side of the jeep coated in snow and ice .:bang:

32's and Bushwackers...

pisspotannie
07-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Rubicon 1660 track bar and bracket.

bluedragon436
07-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Ordered a set of A-pillar light mounts from Jake.. can't wait to get home, install em, and get the lights on em...

bluedragon436
07-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Ordred a set of Lubelockers for both axles through one our vendors.. JeepinOutfitters (http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/products/lubelocker-dana30-chrysler-8-25-combo).. Figured going to be pulling the diff covers shortly to service the fluids with new... as well as most likely doing the rear disc conversion.. Might as well use a good seal option when I put the new diff HD diff covers on (once I paint them that is)...

denverd1
07-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Got my trackbar in last week

bruggz351
09-15-2015, 07:27 AM
[emoji16] [emoji16]

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/15/ecefa5f96355b42836383447da56a73d.jpg

Sent from my FRED

downsy
09-15-2015, 07:29 AM
^^^^^Been thinking of getting one of those

Sent from my iPhone

bluedragon436
10-08-2015, 10:48 AM
[emoji16] [emoji16]

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/15/ecefa5f96355b42836383447da56a73d.jpg

Sent from my FRED

Look forward to seeing how the instal goes, and what you think about it

bluedragon436
10-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Just ordered a 62mm TB from a guy everyone is raving about his TB's.. So figure I can do that, my 4hole injectors, 99+ IM & header at the same time.. Now just to get the header on order!!

XJ Wheeler
10-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Just ordered a 62mm TB from a guy everyone is raving about his TB's.. So figure I can do that, my 4hole injectors, 99+ IM & header at the same time.. Now just to get the header on order!!

Been looking at headers, let us know what you get and how it looks... pleeeease.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

bluedragon436
10-10-2015, 11:33 PM
Been looking at headers, let us know what you get and how it looks... pleeeease.

Trust me... It's not an easy choice that is for sure... I was originally looking at the Banks header... but just debating if I really want to spend that kind of cheddar, but I know what it sounds like on a nice exhaust setup, which is the same exhaust I was planning on running on mine... But been trying to find other units that would be good bang for the buck... Not to mention any saved money on the header would allow me to put it towards replacing the cat, and full exhaust... all at the same time..

XJ Wheeler
10-11-2015, 12:03 AM
Trust me... It's not an easy choice that is for sure... I was originally looking at the Banks header... but just debating if I really want to spend that kind of cheddar, but I know what it sounds like on a nice exhaust setup, which is the same exhaust I was planning on running on mine... But been trying to find other units that would be good bang for the buck... Not to mention any saved money on the header would allow me to put it towards replacing the cat, and full exhaust... all at the same time..

Yeah, that choice has halted me a bit. I don't really want to spend $400 on it, let alone having that much spare cashola, but may have to save and just do it. Unless I want to battle warped flanges and future cracks. Good luck bud!

bluedragon436
10-11-2015, 01:05 AM
Yeah, that choice has halted me a bit. I don't really want to spend $400 on it, let alone having that much spare cashola, but may have to save and just do it. Unless I want to battle warped flanges and future cracks. Good luck bud!

Yeah I agree with you on that, I certainly don't have the spare cash at all... Now if I could get my money back that is sitting in limbo for the rear bumper... I'd be able to purchase the header all the way back to the tailpipe.. Even better if I could find one that wasn't as expensive.. cause then maybe I could sneak in some new rock rails too!! But yeah, that is the main thing that is keeping me looking at the Banks header is, that it overall has gotten better ratings and feedback for not having any issues with the install or after install... And if there are, they stand behind their warranty (although it sucks having to pull everything apart to replace it again!!

Mudderoy
10-11-2015, 06:35 AM
Timney trigger for my Remington 700

bluedragon436
10-11-2015, 09:23 AM
Timney trigger for my Remington 700

Guess that would take care of the random trigger firing/no safety issue... Any other benefits tot the Timney trigger on there (lighter pull or anything)??

bluedragon436
10-12-2015, 05:43 AM
Ordered up the plug n play trailer wiring harness for the XJ, since it had a hitch before when i got it, and it now has one built into the bumper, figure might as well have the wiring, in case I decide to pull a small trailer... or a small camper.. Also ordered up a 4 pin trailer pig tail to go with the wiring harness I ordered... I'm going to cut two of the wires off, and use the other two (Ground, Parking lights) to splice in the new license plate light that came with the JCR plate relocation bracket.. figured that was a much better and easier way to "splice" into the existing system, without opening a can of worm, like tapping off the tail light wiring would have.. and I can easily unplug the junction if/when I need to remove the spare tire.

Mudderoy
10-12-2015, 08:29 AM
Guess that would take care of the random trigger firing/no safety issue... Any other benefits tot the Timney trigger on there (lighter pull or anything)??

Supposed to be one of the best triggers made. Come from Timney set for 1.5 lbs pull weight. I need to cock it and drop it, butt first, on the ground a few times and make sure it won't accidentally fire. It shouldn't but the time to find out it before it's loaded.

That trigger recall was a couple of years ago, and I can't remember now if I checked or received a notice about having mine repaired. I've been wanting to replace the trigger for a while now anyway, so I ordered it.

Basically it's the common replacement trigger for the Remington 700 and is supposed to make it more accurate, of course it's not going to improve your aim but at 1.5lbs trigger pull you're more likely to have the "surprised" when the gun goes off.

I'll have to shoot it and see if it's going to stay at 1.5 or not.

Ultimately I would like to get where I can hit the paper (at least) at 1,000 yards. One's thing for sure everything I've read says this is a much better trigger than the factory one.

drakan1908
10-12-2015, 08:53 AM
I think Timney triggers are guaranteed not to go off accidently. I would trust them more than a factory one. But you can never tell what might happen. Better safe than sorry.

sent from a van down by the river

bluedragon436
10-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Supposed to be one of the best triggers made. Come from Timney set for 1.5 lbs pull weight. I need to cock it and drop it, butt first, on the ground a few times and make sure it won't accidentally fire. It shouldn't but the time to find out it before it's loaded.

That trigger recall was a couple of years ago, and I can't remember now if I checked or received a notice about having mine repaired. I've been wanting to replace the trigger for a while now anyway, so I ordered it.

Basically it's the common replacement trigger for the Remington 700 and is supposed to make it more accurate, of course it's not going to improve your aim but at 1.5lbs trigger pull you're more likely to have the "surprised" when the gun goes off.

Ultimately I would like to get where I can hit the paper (at least) at 1,000 yards. One's thing for sure everything I've read says this is a much better trigger than the factory one.

Nice.. that makes sense, and should certainly help... for both safety and even a bit for accuracy!! Been looking at picking up a 700.. but am waiting till I move back down to SC (if we're still allowed to purchase guns by then)!!

Pinkyman
10-12-2015, 01:42 PM
I finally got my Talon grips for my shield the other day. I got to shoot it last weekend and i can say im happy with the feel.

I didnt find one, but is there a "Guns and Firearms" thread around here?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/Rocketryan1/IMAG4452_zpsbxh7qasd.jpg (http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Rocketryan1/media/IMAG4452_zpsbxh7qasd.jpg.html)

BlackYeti
10-15-2015, 01:12 PM
I finally got my Talon grips for my shield the other day. I got to shoot it last weekend and i can say im happy with the feel.

Sounds like a good time to start one. I may have some to contribute, hunting season starts on saturday for me.

Mudderoy
10-15-2015, 01:59 PM

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/Rocketryan1/IMAG4452_zpsbxh7qasd.jpg (http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Rocketryan1/media/IMAG4452_zpsbxh7qasd.jpg.html)

No there isn't but I would like one. I posed up a couple of things about guns here in the general section and maybe people just don't like me, but there was little or no feedback. I just assumed people weren't interested in guns, you know since they are kind of stuck with me.

We can create one. Start posting up in the General forum and let's see how much interest there is first.

denverd1
10-15-2015, 03:43 PM
I'm down.

those grips look good and tacky. so do they adhere to the frame?

drakan1908
10-15-2015, 04:41 PM
I'm down.

those grips look good and tacky. so do they adhere to the frame?
I have traction grips on my 380, 9 & 40. They work great and adhere really well. Hopps9 doesn't seem to bother them and they really improve the grip. I ordered mine from Galloway Precision, about $10.50 each set plus shipping. Well worth it. http://gallowayprecision.com/home.php

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/15/51dff058f37212a57408c24bb649a804.jpg

sent from a van down by the river

bluedragon436
12-01-2015, 02:53 PM
New headlight upgrade harness from a guy who I've bought a few other items that he has made or modified.. Looking forward to seeing if it'll remedy the random flickering I've had in my headlights, but no other lights or cluster...

Also ordered a 150a alt, that supposedly is a direct bolt in for the 90a factory on the XJ's.. so we'll see how true that is once it comes in...

denverd1
12-01-2015, 03:13 PM
I ordered another bulb to go along with the one H4 100/80W that came with a 2 light harness.

Brought the jeep back home the other night. Drove with the 4 lights on the bumper for high beam and actual high beam for everything else. Couldn't see a damn thing!!

denverd1
12-01-2015, 03:16 PM
New headlight upgrade harness from a guy who I've bought a few other items that he has made or modified.. Looking forward to seeing if it'll remedy the random flickering I've had in my headlights, but no other lights or cluster...

Also ordered a 150a alt, that supposedly is a direct bolt in for the 90a factory on the XJ's.. so we'll see how true that is once it comes in...
Where'd you find that?

denverd1
12-01-2015, 03:25 PM

Gonna feel like flicking a mosquito. Sounds awesome, love light triggers. I think our M77s are just short of 2 pounds. Really picks up accuracy

XJ Wheeler
12-02-2015, 12:09 AM
POR15 cleaner, prep, and semi gloss black for the floor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bigjim350
12-03-2015, 05:52 PM
New wheels and tires for the F150. A lift kit for the RAM, a lowering kit for the F150. And a new winch for my car hauler trailer.

Pookapotamus
12-03-2015, 06:32 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/03/c243f745698c5e66a0b664c5ec50be9d.jpg
One of these, and everything to go with it!

A few weeks ago a co-worker came up to me and told me the 07 escape that he has owned from new, has blown it's tranny and rather than paying a tranny shop $4000 to fix it would I like to have it. I said sure if the price is right, he said how does free sound? I hummed and hawed then accepted.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/03/ab51c78fd6b8d3118917261cd0b46ec9.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/03/97ad3c01335d885027c0d96de21c7057.jpg

So it is a fully loaded 07 with leather heated seats, power roof and in immaculate shape, just needs a tranny, so I have ordered all the parts and will be starting this project sat.

I've never rebuilt a tranny but really looking forward to it!

Having 4WD means getting stuck in more inaccessible places!

Rlpetty43
12-07-2015, 11:17 AM
I ordered a tiny track 4 hopefully sometime this week I will find time to put it together.
http://www.byonics.com/tinytrak4/

prerunner1982
12-07-2015, 11:41 AM
I ordered a tiny track 4 hopefully sometime this week I will find time to put it together.
http://www.byonics.com/tinytrak4/

For those that aren't sure what this is, it's for APRS (Automatic Packet Reporting System)... refer to Episode 196 and Episode 202 of the Jeep Talk Show for the Radio Comm Tech segment where I discuss APRS or check out my APRS thread (that I need to finish up) in the Amateur "Ham" Radio section..

prerunner1982
12-09-2015, 10:35 AM
POR15 cleaner, prep, and semi gloss black for the floor.

I have some of that as well, haven't used it yet but look forward to using it on the floors of my 93 XJ also. POR15 was a sponsor for my Day of Dirt Adventure.

XJ Wheeler
12-09-2015, 02:37 PM
I have some of that as well, haven't used it yet but look forward to using it on the floors of my 93 XJ also. POR15 was a sponsor for my Day of Dirt Adventure.
Yeah, I look forward to trying it. Never thought I'd spent $40 for a quart of paint so I have high hopes. :D

denverd1
12-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Housings to go with my harness and bulbs. Couldn't find a good writeup or thread discussing the details of it. there may be one I overlooked.

Also ordered a rim for a spare. Will order the tire soon. Got a 31 but about to be locked/locked so a shorty ain't gonna fly!

Brasscatz
12-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Sooooo many things lol. New LaZboy recliners (our couch and loveseat have seen much better days... don't ever buy Ashley furniture), Numerous Christmas gifts, New rug, and my wife to make me a sammich.. which didn't go over too well lol

denverd1
12-10-2015, 11:46 PM
Sooooo many things lol. New LaZboy recliners (our couch and loveseat have seen much better days... don't ever buy Ashley furniture), Numerous Christmas gifts, New rug, and my wife to make me a sammich.. which didn't go over too well lol
You try a pretty please?

Brasscatz
12-11-2015, 12:17 PM
You try a pretty please?

Yup, and she came back with "b*tch please" lol

denverd1
12-11-2015, 01:09 PM
https://www.jimmyjohns.com/

abebehrmann
12-11-2015, 01:17 PM

What'd you get? You seem like an Italian Night Club type of guy.

denverd1
12-11-2015, 01:46 PM
That was for Jim. His dame won't make him a sandy.
INC sounds pretty good! I'm polishing off a cheesesteak from yesterday

denverd1
12-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Rim came in yesterday.Those dudes at tirerack ship QUICK! !
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/e2d1757dc95ba3d6ce5b2b46bff2a584.jpg

Not a huge fan of the fake beadlock look but it'll have to work. Of course the set is discontinued so an exact match isn't out there

Brasscatz
12-11-2015, 06:07 PM

Sadly, I always seem to live just outside of their delivery zone. Though, I am a gargantuan guy :D

Nah, the wife is an amazing cook. Probably why I gained weight :D

denverd1
12-12-2015, 02:40 AM
Sadly, I always seem to live just outside of their delivery zone. Though, I am a gargantuan guy :D

Nah, the wife is an amazing cook. Probably why I gained weight :D
Fat and happy. Atta boy. You had me nervous for a tick.

denverd1
12-30-2015, 02:30 PM
TRIED to order a knucklebone tire carrier. still listed on their site, just not one of the available options when you email him. thinking about their stiffeners/sliders as well

TallGuyJeep
12-30-2015, 03:08 PM
TRIED to order a knucklebone tire carrier. still listed on their site, just not one of the available options when you email him. thinking about their stiffeners/sliders as well
Been wanting one of those for a long time. That's the one that mounts in the reciever isn't it?

denverd1
12-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Been wanting one of those for a long time. That's the one that mounts in the reciever isn't it?

It is. IIRC read that he discontinued production on them. hoping he'll build me one.

Thought about building a carrier to weld on the bumper. But this seems a lot easier and probably cheaper in the long run.

TallGuyJeep
12-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Yeah, that sounds right. I do really like that style. I found this one after a quick google, has an option for a pass through hitch instead of the side mount so you can still use your receiver for small stuff. a bit more though.

http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/products/1st-gen-toyota-tacoma-products/fold-down-tire-carrier-premium-model/

denverd1
12-30-2015, 04:28 PM
not as clean as the detours one, but good find

denverd1
12-30-2015, 04:34 PM
also wondering why this won't work
http://www.partsgeek.com/6rkssj7-jeep-tj-spare-tire-carrier.html?utm_source=shoppingcom&utm_medium=pf&utm_content=pcs&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+ShoppingCom&fp=pp&utm_term=Jeep+Spare+Tire+Carrier

would weld it up. could even make plate for that hold open peg

TallGuyJeep
12-30-2015, 04:41 PM
It's made for that specific rear bumper, but with some fab it could probably be made to work on a different aftermarket bumper. But if you're modding something prebuilt, maybe just do the whole thing and make it exactly how you want. I'm sure there are some DIY threads out there.

denverd1
12-30-2015, 04:48 PM
nah that'd be too easy for me to screw up

TallGuyJeep
12-30-2015, 04:52 PM
Lol that's a good point. 😂

saar
01-01-2016, 02:42 AM
I spent a lot last week :)

I needed a soldering iron, so I bought a Dremel Versatip:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41UY2b74wxL._SX425_.jpg

and I bought 2 cotton candy machines
http://www.yallamesiba.co.il/pictures/sugar-slush-s.jpg
(I offer those machines for wedding etc... :) )
Nice ending for 2015.

Happy new year :)
Saar

4.3LXJ
01-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Nice touch for a wedding. Probably not a real popular thing here for a wedding. But things change with geography. When I was a firefighter, we raised money for our slush fund with selling cotton candy at the local Timber Carnival. We had kids we hired to hawk it in the grand stands

Pookapotamus
01-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Mmmmmm cotton candy!!!!!!!

cantab27
01-01-2016, 01:16 PM
http://www.quadratec.com/products/71212_101.htm

plus

http://www.quadratec.com/products/71212_101.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/51211_0007.htm

only cause I cant get any of that off the shelf down here .....the struggle continues ....

bluedragon436
01-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Ordered a set of classic sliders (former Stage 3) from JCRoffroad yesterday!! Looking forward to getting them and getting them installed!!

denverd1
01-14-2016, 06:37 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/14/dfcdb925e18ef0d62831722d445e7c45.jpg
Flourescent light ballasts went out in garage/shop. HD wanted $40 each. I needed 2. Really wanted more light than I originally had. Found these for 60 each, returned the ballasts. Can't wait to put them in. All I'll use my typical wiring skills: run some romex to the additional light location and wire nut all that shit together. Hey, they were running 2 ballasts off the same circuit, I don't see how this is much different. [emoji2]

GoneWithTheWind
01-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Oilskin tarp and an oilskin watchcoat. It rains a lot over here.

GoneWithTheWind
02-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Bought this a few days ago, the large one. It put a big dent in my XJ budget.
https://www.frostriver.com/shop/canoe-camp/isle-royale-bushcraft-packs/

denverd1
03-03-2016, 04:10 PM
bigger trans cooler.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/z/xOgAAOxydB1Shva3/$_32.JPG?set_id=89040003C1

Mayooo
03-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Shackle mounts. 1x2x5 should do the trick.

denverd1
04-14-2016, 08:16 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160415/57ce1b65b0085e20fef6d94b9b192895.jpg
Will take more watts than a solobaric

cpttuna
04-14-2016, 09:14 PM
Centric rotors and Timken bearings off the internet. Can't get them locally and want them "ON HAND" should the need arise.

XJ Wheeler
04-18-2016, 06:05 AM
Had no luck on the search for a decent set of used 33s so I bit the bullet and borrowed/used upcoming birthday as a plea deal for these. I'll have to sale a few things to make the cash but I think it'll be worth it. Been waiting over 10 years to go to 33". :D Ordered last week so should be here soon. They're the very newly released Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 33x12.50r15. Good reviews (what I could find being so new anyway) and nice price. Excited and nervous as I am still questioning if they're aggressive enough and I've never seem set in person to tell.

Joliet Johnny
04-18-2016, 07:27 AM
Ordered a Ram Mount system for my phone Saturday about 6pm showed up before noon on Sunday. It will be so nice to use the phone gps right side up rather than tucked into that no smoking ash tray thing.

robuilt
04-18-2016, 07:54 AM
Ordered a Ram Mount system for my phone Saturday about 6pm showed up before noon on Sunday. It will be so nice to use the phone gps right side up rather than tucked into that no smoking ash tray thing.
Can you post a pic of it mounted ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bruggz351
04-19-2016, 01:07 AM
Gday peoples...:xj-white:

I'm about to put an order in at RockAuto.

The Ol' White beast is in need of some seals, as it keeps markin it's territory. :rolleyes:

I need some feedback.
I'm a FelPro fan. But, as you know, R/A uses a little van icon to help keep shipping down. So I was looking at MAGNUM and DNJ Engine Components gaskets. Do we have any opinions on these???

As an aside, I gotta pay $139.99 for an Oil Pan Gasket, here at home. NOT a big name brand either. Platinum series or some such rubbish. :sad0147:

Another question, I'm sure it's answered here somewhere, :o , sorry for being so lazy, but, front hubs. I know timkin are the bomb. Is there any other brand that comes close?

Thanks guys,,,

cheers

cantab27
04-19-2016, 02:06 AM
I get most my stuff ebay usa...shipped in 10 days ..last lot in was upper and lower ball joints both sides plus 3 tie rod ends $130 kiwi to me door...or good old

http://www.quadratec.com/jeep-replacement-parts/cherokee-xj/

XJ Wheeler
04-19-2016, 02:24 AM
Its saddening you blokes have to get your parts from here...

cantab27
04-19-2016, 03:32 AM
or 50 bucks for one ball joint off the shelf ......bwhahaha.....no thanks I can wait ,like the winch rope I just got 400 plus here ..ebay 197 to me door..that took 6 days to get here ....gopro bout the same ...............................hoping it gets here before this weekends comp..........

XJ Wheeler
04-19-2016, 04:37 AM
Makes me appreciate having that ability!

XJ Wheeler
04-20-2016, 05:22 AM
THEY ARRIVED! :D I'm definitely happy. And, yes, they ARE spending the night inside.... no, that's not weird... :smiley-scared003:

bruggz351
04-20-2016, 06:59 AM
Well, I ordered the Magnum upper gaskets and FelPro conversion set. Also a water pump. 😁😁
Already got a box full of goodies from R/A for the cooling system. Gunna be a busy boy soon. 😨😨😨

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Pookapotamus
04-23-2016, 01:44 PM
New cap, rotor, silicone vacuum lines, new coil, heater valve.
Then I got down to business! Ordered these,
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160423/752ef99a62b5e22d0f62be758f5f5162.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160423/238023a9b1e6b555c044589381a5af70.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160423/52d0b5ef01d879f2d0d5cf2ce2ab913d.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160423/8a199d202bf93b765ab3846bd53f1fb8.jpg
Then I got carried away and ordered this:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160423/ee704188a803e978c4f3a28a25976e2f.jpg
And then cause why not, I ordered these!!!!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160423/c1c5412aeb91fe8802428e6ead596b0f.jpg

4.3LXJ
04-23-2016, 05:48 PM
But none of it is in the right color. But you can cover the rocker arms up :D

Pookapotamus
04-23-2016, 06:49 PM
Spray paint for horsepower!!!

bluedragon436
04-23-2016, 07:05 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160415/57ce1b65b0085e20fef6d94b9b192895.jpg
Will take more watts than a solobaric

Looks like a nicely built sub... Wish I had been able to find more reviews on their subs when I was looking for the subs for my Ram's audio build... Might pick up one of their amplifiers though, as the current Alpine I have is not optimal for the subs I have, and unfortunately Alpine doesn't make an amp that is optimal for running two of their Type R 12's... so I have to find other alternatives for 2000w of love!!!

denverd1
04-23-2016, 10:26 PM
Orion

denverd1
04-26-2016, 09:35 AM
Looks like a nicely built sub... Wish I had been able to find more reviews on their subs when I was looking for the subs for my Ram's audio build... Might pick up one of their amplifiers though, as the current Alpine I have is not optimal for the subs I have, and unfortunately Alpine doesn't make an amp that is optimal for running two of their Type R 12's... so I have to find other alternatives for 2000w of love!!!

here's 2500W of love. Arc Audio makes great amps too
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORION-XTR2500-1D-CAR-MONO-BLOCK-SUPER-D-CLASS-AMPLIFIER-REPLACES-XTR2200-1D-/291718341007

Joliet Johnny
04-27-2016, 06:10 AM
Can you post a pic of it mounted ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

here you go

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1684/26070115743_3b6790a387_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/FHJa9c)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/FHJa9c) by John Welsh (https://www.flickr.com/photos/134420787@N02/), on Flickr

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1528/26608569651_082e6c6f10_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/GxiSJg)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/GxiSJg) by John Welsh (https://www.flickr.com/photos/134420787@N02/), on Flickr

Pinkyman
05-06-2016, 10:54 AM
I ordered my Uniden Bearcat 800 this morning. I got that, the coax cable, a firestik, and the taillight mounting bracket. Should be here by Tuesday, and then it will be temporarily going in the truck for my trip to the boundary waters next weekend!

bluedragon436
05-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Ordered the transmission bezel mounted switch panel (http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/transmission-bezel-switch-panel-97-01-jeep-cherokee-xj.html) from Dirbound Offroad.... Was hoping it'd be here by this weekend, but doesn't look like it will be... either way can't wait to run the wiring and get some more lights hooked up...

toledojeeper
05-08-2016, 05:07 PM
32's and Bushwackers...

Looks good , I went with Bushwacker flats , I guess I could of bought bigger tires , lol .

4.3LXJ
05-10-2016, 08:19 PM
No more marginal alternator for me :D

Amazon.com: 100% NEW LActrical HIGH OUTPUT 250AMP ALTERNATOR FOR GMC CHEVROLET CHEVY C K R V 1500 2500 3500 SERIE PICKUP TRUCK 4.3 4.3L 4.8 4.8L 5.3 5.3L 6.0 6.0L V6 V8 ENGINE 2005 05 2006 06 2007 07 2008 08 2009 09 *ONE YEAR WARRANTY*: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Sog0V2ZjL.@@AMEPARAM@@51Sog0V2ZjL

blazer2
05-10-2016, 08:38 PM
4.3xj
When i had a 2000 zr2 I put in a alt from a 6.5L diesel.
Bolts right/write in just a 1" longer belt. Its a 165amp. Just some info for ya.

4.3LXJ
05-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Thanks. But I just couldn't pass up 250 amps for that money

blazer2
05-10-2016, 08:52 PM
That is a good price.

oderdene
06-15-2016, 11:39 PM
Ordered AT filter, AT mount, Crown O2 sensor & CPS, Champion spark plugs and 40 tooth Speedogear (for 4.56 & 33")

:D

Brasscatz
11-17-2016, 08:22 AM
I ordered a new a/c evap core and a heater core. Gotta get the xj back on the road for my new job. Carrying around a 17 foot ladder in my civic doesn't leave room for a carseat!http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161117/40153877b35bb9fb40a00e3f52481d89.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161117/28dbc3571a1531d916a6fb7f51549516.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

MattybPDX
11-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Just ordered a RC collared adjustable track bar. RC steering stabalizer. ZJ tie rod and ends. Within the next week I'll be getting BFG KO2 31x10.5x15.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

saar
11-18-2016, 03:12 AM
I had too much free time lately :)
Bought that T-Shirt (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_id=114&ipn=icep&toolid=20004&campid=5337540091&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F29122705017 9%3F_trksid%3Dp2057872.m2749.l2649%26var%3D5904599 47417%26ssPageName%3DSTRK%253AMEBIDX%253AIT)

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/pZkAAOxyLN9Sf7ku/s-l1600.jpg

and a UNI-T infrared thermometer (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_id=114&ipn=icep&toolid=20004&campid=5337540091&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F17235177920 9%3F_trksid%3Dp2057872.m2749.l2649%26ssPageName%3D STRK%253AMEBIDX%253AIT)

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/8BAAAOSwvzRX0TMy/s-l1600.jpg

did I mention that I had too much free time? :)

Mudderoy
11-18-2016, 10:16 PM
I ordered a new a/c evap core and a heater core. Gotta get the xj back on the road for my new job. Carrying around a 17 foot ladder in my civic doesn't leave room for a carseat!http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161117/40153877b35bb9fb40a00e3f52481d89.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161117/28dbc3571a1531d916a6fb7f51549516.jpg

I'd recommend doing the blower and heater core at the same time.

XJ Wheeler
11-20-2016, 06:30 AM

[emoji16] Thissa maka mea soo happy! Finally it'll be back on the road!!! Poor girl thought she was forgotten about!

MattybPDX
11-21-2016, 06:52 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161122/927a15dafc44691bf9c2c45915e94f2b.jpg
Ooohhhh yeeaaahhh

MattybPDX
11-21-2016, 08:33 PM
Just ordered 5 Trail master TM5 15x8 d window steelies with 3.75" bs and 31x10.5x15 ko2's.

Pretty sure we all know what they look like but here's a stock photo
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161122/928314d2c791fbfc12178918ffe0b6c6.jpg

MattybPDX
11-22-2016, 06:52 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/f110a70e2c4497f9281ec187dbd54f4f.jpg
More new stuff! And that's not exceed all of it. Plenty more on the way!

Charlie Foxtrot
11-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Ball joints (all four), tie rods & TREs, steering stabilizer, shocks & springs. Hit a very bad pot hole at speed, & triggered a catastrophic failure of R side upper BJ, broken spring & shock. Dragged it home, slowly (all 20 miles), now up on jack stands for repairs between bites of turkey.

4.3LXJ
11-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Wow, anything bent?

Charlie Foxtrot
11-26-2016, 12:46 PM
Not really, just a busted BJ. Right side BJ's R&R took me 8 hours yesterday (lot's of hammer work). Bent my professional press (OTC), so my guess is that they got tweeked in the axle. They are in now, on to the linkage. Normally this job (4 BJs) w/linkage, steering damper, fresh pads, rotors, outboard u-joint, bearing assemblies, alignment etc is less than a day in my shop. Not this time. Doesn't help that I've got a backlog of work that'll keep me busy for two weeks.

Charlie Foxtrot
11-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Done. Drives straight, no pull. Love those Moog parts - fit right, work right, first time, every time. New Gabes for the shocks, nuthin' fancy, just HD stock bits & pieces for my daily driver (95 ZJ w/2" lift & snows).

bluedragon436
11-26-2016, 11:04 PM

About to have to order the same things for my XJ, among quite a few other items.. Definitely not looking forward to pulling the dash apart to replace them, that is for sure.. going to talk to the shop when I drop it off for the gear install, and see how much he'd charge me to do that job... if nothing else, I'd just wait until I have no choice, or the weather warms back up..

Pinkyman
11-28-2016, 02:16 PM
About to have to order the same things for my XJ, among quite a few other items.. Definitely not looking forward to pulling the dash apart to replace them, that is for sure.. going to talk to the shop when I drop it off for the gear install, and see how much he'd charge me to do that job... if nothing else, I'd just wait until I have no choice, or the weather warms back up..

I did mine a few months back. Replaced the heater core, evaporator and blower motor. It was time consuming, but not really all that bad. I spread it out over a few days since its not my DD. But if you take your time, and have all the tools (IE a disconnect tool for the AC lines for $9.99) its worth it to do it yourself and save the $600 or whatever it costs.

The only part i found challenging was getting the last bolt for the heater box. Its located on the firewall, directly behind the head, and it sucks to get to. I got it out and left it out, it made reassembly much smoother lol.

Pinkyman
11-28-2016, 02:17 PM
And my wife ordered my Christmas present today...... IRO Frame stiffeners will be going in in January!

bluedragon436
11-30-2016, 08:45 PM
I did mine a few months back. Replaced the heater core, evaporator and blower motor. It was time consuming, but not really all that bad. I spread it out over a few days since its not my DD. But if you take your time, and have all the tools (IE a disconnect tool for the AC lines for $9.99) its worth it to do it yourself and save the $600 or whatever it costs.

The only part i found challenging was getting the last bolt for the heater box. Its located on the firewall, directly behind the head, and it sucks to get to. I got it out and left it out, it made reassembly much smoother lol.

Yeah it's not my DD, so once I can get the pop-up camper sold and out of my "garage/shop", I might tear into it... never hurts to save the money if possible... just gives me more Jeep money for other upgrades...

And my wife ordered my Christmas present today...... IRO Frame stiffeners will be going in in January!
Can't wait to add these to my list of IRO parts on my XJ...

bluedragon436
11-30-2016, 09:25 PM
Ordered up my Factor 55 Prolink in Orange - since that is my "accent" color, and had heard there was some sketchy folks selling fake Prolinks in special colors... so once I found out there was a way to buy some special colored official ones, and to be able to know for sure they were official... I jumped on it... ordered up Prolink 1.0 fairlead and their new tool for "sewing" synthetic winch lines (figure that way in case I need it I have it, and also for when I find some spare or line that was discarded by others, I can play and make up some soft D-rings and such... Now I just have to wait until I can snag a good deal on a winch.. hopefully here shortly will have the winch to go with all the Factor 55 stuff...

Charlie Foxtrot
12-01-2016, 07:16 AM
Regarding sewing synthetic winch lines, straps, etc: Do you have access to the base aircraft maintenance facilities? If yes, swing over to the section that maintains the seat belts/harness assemblies. Their equipment (and materials) should be more than adequate for the job. If that avenue is not open to you, you can try civilian aircraft harness makers/repair shops like Wag Aero.

As for heater core, ac evap, etc (dash work), it's DYI do-able, but tedious. Be prepared to take lots of photos as you proceed, and be prepared for the car to be un-drive-able for a few days. Watch out for the air blend door to cable attachment (kind of fragile). Also, you might as well replace the blower motor resistor while you are in there. It's a common fail point. Take a look at the blower motor while you are in there.

Cheers & happy trails!

Brasscatz
12-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Ordered a new catalytic converter since mine is rattling. Smaller than I thought, but cheap!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161218/2c0556feb51e427f173a9b508bcadfec.jpg

denverd1
12-19-2016, 12:03 PM
bought a welder. 125 amp wire feed. It's different from the 220 volt stick I used as a kid but I'm getting it down. Only put a few rods through it back then so still very much a novice. I'm ready to do stiffeners and almost done with steering gear support.

Thinking custom arms, skids bumper tie ins, cage etc. Home with the crud but thinking about heading to garage in a bit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

denverd1
12-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Ordered up my Factor 55 Prolink in Orange - since that is my "accent" color, and had heard there was some sketchy folks selling fake Prolinks in special colors... so once I found out there was a way to buy some special colored official ones, and to be able to know for sure they were official... I jumped on it... ordered up Prolink 1.0 fairlead and their new tool for "sewing" synthetic winch lines (figure that way in case I need it I have it, and also for when I find some spare or line that was discarded by others, I can play and make up some soft D-rings and such... Now I just have to wait until I can snag a good deal on a winch.. hopefully here shortly will have the winch to go with all the Factor 55 stuff...
Got a link to the tool? I'd like to take hooks off a strap. Guess I can just cut the hook pins but making straps would be cool

denverd1
01-04-2017, 02:12 PM
ordered IRO frame stiffeners and sleeves, gussets for Dana 30. getting my parts pile thinned out and its making me nervous.

oderdene
01-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Ordered and received rusty's motor mounts. Bushings are interchangeable with LCA, thought more rubber for less vibration. My old energysuspension's poly bushings have oval shaped hole

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170105/9c04b611296e5d8294e39f150784a2b5.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Tapatalk

bluedragon436
01-05-2017, 08:54 PM
Ordered my Canon Eos Rebel T6s w/ 18-135mm lens.. that's totally Jeep related... that's my story and I'm sticking to it

denverd1
01-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Ordered my Canon Eos Rebel T6s w/ 18-135mm lens.. that's totally Jeep related... that's my story and I'm sticking to it

RAW and JPGs simultaneously??? thats pretty cool.

great cam body. have fun with it

bluedragon436
01-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Got a link to the tool? I'd like to take hooks off a strap. Guess I can just cut the hook pins but making straps would be cool

Sorry about the delayed reply, just saw that you asked for the link.. Factor55 FastFid (http://factor55.com/product/fast-fid-new/) tool

RAW and JPGs simultaneously??? thats pretty cool.

great cam body. have fun with it

I hope that it will be a good time... I know it'll be a bit of a learning curve.. but I've been wanting to get a decent DSLR for quite a while... and this one has some pretty good reviews/options.. Just hoping I can get in tune with it and make use of them... that and will have to learn myself on some photo editing software...

denverd1
01-10-2017, 02:50 PM
sent it off a while back, but my Arc audio amp just got delivered from CA getting refurb'd. This amp will replace 2 others so..... the XJ's probably getting a small system.

Charlie Foxtrot
01-10-2017, 05:04 PM
It's been kind of cold around here (last couple of weeks we've been dancing near zero). A new furnace for the shop followed me home. Ran the gas line & the smoke stack last night, tonight the duct work gets hung. Maybe tomorrow I'll have heat. (150,000btu for a 40' x 60' insulated hangar) Then I can get started on the MJ.

bruggz351
01-11-2017, 03:05 AM
It's been kind of cold around here (last couple of weeks we've been dancing near zero).

Wow. I wish.
We've been getting high 30s into the 40s. Centigrade.😨 With high humidity. SUX, big time.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170111/2104f9205afa5f968e30d231b4e1be35.jpg

denverd1
01-11-2017, 09:46 AM
104°F WITH humidity!! that's south Louisiana in the summer temps. been there done that. have a cold beer bruggzy and don't move to quickly. don't want your noggin to overheat!

been unseasonably warm here in Texas, 22°C here today.

denverd1
01-11-2017, 09:47 AM
It's been kind of cold around here (last couple of weeks we've been dancing near zero). A new furnace for the shop followed me home. Ran the gas line & the smoke stack last night, tonight the duct work gets hung. Maybe tomorrow I'll have heat. (150,000btu for a 40' x 60' insulated hangar) Then I can get started on the MJ.

nice! sounds like a great place to have some fun

4.3LXJ
01-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Wow. I wish.
We've been getting high 30s into the 40s. Centigrade.😨 With high humidity. SUX, big time.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170111/2104f9205afa5f968e30d231b4e1be35.jpg

Gotta be global warming :P

Pookapotamus
01-11-2017, 10:50 AM
One of these, had many before but they were always from work, finally bought my own.

Any one know what it is?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170111/e773833453a997a45bd2c373ae5df476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denverd1
01-11-2017, 10:59 AM
3D mouse

Pookapotamus
01-11-2017, 11:34 AM
Yup! Been wanting to order one for quite a while, I want to start finishing some of my designs, and this is the first step. Hopefully I will be able to start building, maybe even start a company, I have a completely new design for an adventure trailer that people might actually want, either way this keeps me active!

bluedragon436
01-11-2017, 01:46 PM
nice! sounds like a great place to have some fun

Can't wait to get a place of my own, and finally setup a shop/garage to work in and have some fun in...

Yup! Been wanting to order one for quite a while, I want to start finishing some of my designs, and this is the first step. Hopefully I will be able to start building, maybe even start a company, I have a completely new design for an adventure trailer that people might actually want, either way this keeps me active!

Get on that trailer already... sheesh... Can't wait to see who the trailer comes out looking (and if I'm not broke, might would love to pick one up)... especially seeing the other things you've built for the XJ... could probably do pretty decent building and selling parts for sure..

bruggz351
01-12-2017, 04:36 AM
Gotta be global warming :P
LOL. Created by the over-populated kangaroos, farting.
Do-gooders won't let us eat'em, any more. 😝

denverd1
01-12-2017, 09:28 AM

makes it easier to move around or what? I've got .3 hours of experience with google sketch. always been sorta fascinated with CAD programs. would love to look over your shoulder for a few hours.

Pookapotamus
01-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Ya it basically makes it seem like you are holding the model in your hand, twist turn, pan, zoom all with one hand. Helps amazingly!

bluedragon436
01-19-2017, 01:34 PM
Ordered up some Lokka's for both ends.. figure going to have everything ripped apart anyways, might as well go ahead and get more out of my new gears..

Also ordered up new hubs, ball joints, and u-joints for the front end, and new outer seals for the rear (since for some odd reason the master install kit for the rear didn't come with these) this way I'll know that once the gears are done, everything will be good to go on both axles.

And the final thing I ordered was the winch, to fill in that void on the front bumper, and to give the Factor 55 parts that I ordered during black Friday sales a home, other than floating around my garage..

4.3LXJ
01-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Lots of fun stuff there James

bluedragon436
01-19-2017, 10:32 PM
Lots of fun stuff there James

Hoping it'll make the XJ even more fun and capable than it already is... Guess I need to start buying the heck out of lottery tickets though... I feel like somehow something major is going to go wrong with the XJ... after putting all this time and money into it... I really hope not... but got to make her as safe and reliable as I can.. so she'll be ready to go when my little one gets old enough to be able to hit the trails with me... Hope I can get her into Jeepin'.... I know she already loves the Jeep life as is... she falls asleep in either the XJ or my GF's LJ almost instantly... even if she's just woken up.. I think she actually sleeps better in the XJ than she does in the LJ... Can't wait to see how she takes to the trails..

4.3LXJ
01-20-2017, 10:34 AM
That is right James, the bumps rock them to sleep

bluedragon436
01-20-2017, 09:15 PM
Yeah she def does love the bumps... must be a reason why she likes the Jeeps over the Ram.. The Ram def is a way smoother ride.. Figure she likes the sound of the mud tires since both Jeeps have mud tires... but yeah, as soon as I start hitting any bumps she seems to calm down (usually)... can't wait until she is a bit older and forward facing in her car seat... then will be able to lift the LJ a little bit, and hopefully get mommy to play a bit offroad too... Can't wait to get all the parts in hand and installed... so can hopefully have even more fun with the XJ... and hopefully make her a bit more reliable as well..

4.3LXJ
01-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Mine preferred my 1 ton Power Wagon over the Jeep. But there is no account or taste :D I started taking mine off road about a year old IIRC.

bluedragon436
01-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Mine preferred my 1 ton Power Wagon over the Jeep. But there is no account or taste :D I started taking mine off road about a year old IIRC.

Yeah... Have been wanting to upgrade to a 3/4-1 ton... strictly for scientific purposes of finding out if she'd like that better than my Hemi 1500... (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!)...

denverd1
01-24-2017, 03:17 PM
Azzy Design Works t-case linkage
http://www.azzysdesignworks.com/store/jeep-np231-transfer-case-linkage-kit

bluedragon436
01-27-2017, 12:26 PM
Azzy Design Works t-case linkage
http://www.azzysdesignworks.com/store/jeep-np231-transfer-case-linkage-kit

Wish this one had been out before the one I ordered... Either way look forward to seeing the review on the install of this... Haven't installed the one I have yet... waiting on the weather to warm up a bit...

denverd1
01-27-2017, 03:19 PM
was it Azzy too? currently stuck in 4H so I've gotta get this installed first before I can do anything else

bluedragon436
01-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Now wasn't Azzy.. unfortunately his wasn't around at that time... it is very similar design though

denverd1
01-27-2017, 04:56 PM
I also ripped my front bumper off (driver side let go) trying to winch over a YUGE rock. So much for paying someone to weld for you.... gonna plate the shit outta my steering box area as my janky steering gear mount lasts about 5 minutes when things get flexy.

so I'm ordering front bumper tie-ins. Might to the back as well for peace of mind, it's all bolted to the same tin can strength material

4.3LXJ
01-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Denver, there is a hole through the frame a little ways back that you can snake a 1/2" bolt through. It is designed to be used with the factory tow hook bracket. Make sure you tie into that

bluedragon436
01-28-2017, 03:18 PM
I also ripped my front bumper off (driver side let go) trying to winch over a YUGE rock. So much for paying someone to weld for you.... gonna plate the shit outta my steering box area as my janky steering gear mount lasts about 5 minutes when things get flexy.

so I'm ordering front bumper tie-ins. Might to the back as well for peace of mind, it's all bolted to the same tin can strength material

Yeah, I've been looking at some options for rear bumper tie-ins... a bit more beefy than the couple extra bolts that my current rear bumper uses..

denverd1
01-29-2017, 09:34 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170129/63d6fd524f93f559a92a72fbdad13fb8.jpg
Azzy linkage

denverd1
01-29-2017, 04:40 PM
need to order rear shock relocation tabs. got hung up

4.3LXJ
01-29-2017, 08:17 PM
The whole bracket or just the stud?

denverd1
01-30-2017, 10:08 AM
The whole bracket or just the stud?

can you move current setup up?
I want it up even with center of the axle tube. was thinking something like these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/300964060181?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

4.3LXJ
01-30-2017, 10:19 AM
I moved mine on the D35 up even with the axle. I cut them off with a sawsall and ground a rounded spot in the back of it and rewelded it.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_0560.jpg

Pinkyman
01-31-2017, 02:29 PM
I just ordered a new recovery strap with loops, to replace my Menards one with the hook ends.

This is a 3"x20', and is rated at 31,500LBS. It should do the trick hopefully lol

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/Rocketryan1/towstrapimg2_zpsbw9abcer.jpg (http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Rocketryan1/media/towstrapimg2_zpsbw9abcer.jpg.html)

denverd1
01-31-2017, 08:46 PM
I just ordered a new recovery strap with loops, to replace my Menards one with the hook ends.

This is a 3"x20', and is rated at 31,500LBS. It should do the trick hopefully lol

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/Rocketryan1/towstrapimg2_zpsbw9abcer.jpg (http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Rocketryan1/media/towstrapimg2_zpsbw9abcer.jpg.html)
looks good. I need to take the hooks off mine. like the 3" capacity too

bluedragon436
02-01-2017, 01:44 PM

Nice looking recovery strap... I have a huge industrial, like 5 or 6" wide strap in my truck, got a 2" wide in the Jeep.. looking to get a small tree guard style (especially for once I get my winch installed), and will pick up another 3" wide strap to have in the Jeep... can never have too many straps.. might have to check into that company..

Pinkyman
02-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Nice looking recovery strap... I have a huge industrial, like 5 or 6" wide strap in my truck, got a 2" wide in the Jeep.. looking to get a small tree guard style (especially for once I get my winch installed), and will pick up another 3" wide strap to have in the Jeep... can never have too many straps.. might have to check into that company..

From what ive read, they are a small locally owned company, and theyve got great reviews so far. I figured made in USA, with great reviews, and it comes with a nice little bag, i might as well try it! :thumbsup:

It will have to do until i get my winch in April lol

denverd1
02-02-2017, 08:35 AM
From what ive read, they are a small locally owned company, and theyve got great reviews so far. I figured made in USA, with great reviews, and it comes with a nice little bag, i might as well try it! [emoji106]

It will have to do until i get my winch in April lol
I use a strap more often than winch. just quicker and easier to pull a strap out and hook it on and pull. Couldn't get a winch hooked up in the same time it takes to hook a strap, pull, and put it away.

4.3LXJ
02-02-2017, 10:29 AM

I use a strap more often than winch. just quicker and easier to pull a strap out and hook it on and pull. Couldn't get a winch hooked up in the same time it takes to hook a strap, pull, and put it away.

As far as I am concerned, the winch is for me. The strap is for everyone else for the above reason

Charlie Foxtrot
02-19-2017, 05:39 PM
Time to start on an 89 MJ w/2.5L four banger (Renix). It has idiot lights, old style filter, and is missing a rear view mirror. Purchased a renix to new style spin on oil filter adapter, set of gauges (2" Bosch mechanical-volts, oil pressure & coolant temp) and a boneyard rear view mirror w/puck. I picked up the MJ from a young fellow that was in the process of converting it to 4wd. He'd collected all the big bits and pieces and was ready to start the conversion when he met some one. She thought jeeps were foolish. He suddenly agreed. He needed cash for a ring, I bought a pick up. She starts ok, runs good, and seems to have a good clutch. It needs BJs, most of the linkage, and some new shoes. Then the body work begins. Windshield, floors, fenders, and flares. Maybe some seats. Springs & shox all around. Some new tunes. All to be done on the cheap. And a paint job. Even if I have to use house paint and a brush, that g** awful paint has to go!

4.3LXJ
02-19-2017, 05:51 PM
House paint, maybe you need a home on wheels :D

Charlie Foxtrot
03-26-2017, 07:12 PM
Track bar for my 95 - arrived yesterday. Anybody wanna guess what I'm chasing? Hit a pothole, and the right front took off like a demented basketball on meth. I have most of the other bits on the shelf.

OldFaurt
03-26-2017, 08:00 PM
Well, The old (Newer 0630) head was very toast toast.

I checked my old head, 7121, found no warp bigger than 0.002 well within tolerance. Block was even better! YEAH! no machining!
Cleaned and prepared everything and torqued it up 22 ft. lbs, 45 ft. lbs then 155 ft. lbs. just kidding... 110 ft. lbs except the one that goes into the water jacket front right corner.
That one only gets 100 ft. lbs. Start up was easy as I went through the injectors while waiting for parts. One was a bit dirty as the filter basket in the top of the injectors were rotted out.
I am going to order some to replace the ones I removed as they just keep rotting and dropping garbage into the injector. Runs fantastic, Temp is very solid at just below 200' and does not move at all...
will be interesting to see how it does on the way to work tomorrow. Wish me luck! By the way, the 7121 does feel like it creates more torque than the 0630 head did,
but then the old one DID have 2 large holes and a 1.5" crack running down the middle! That would cause a small lack of power... Right?

bluedragon436
03-26-2017, 08:01 PM
Track bar for my 95 - arrived yesterday. Anybody wanna guess what I'm chasing? Hit a pothole, and the right front took off like a demented basketball on meth. I have most of the other bits on the shelf.

I would say must be tracking down death wobble.. but since you ordered a new track bar and not a new steering stabilizer :smiley-scared003::indifferent0020: ... I'm confused what you're chasing.. :flameon:

Charlie Foxtrot
03-27-2017, 07:38 AM
Over the past year I scooped up a few Moog & Gabriel stab's on sale/close out as well as BJs, tie rods & ends, ergo "I have most of the other bits on the shelf." Off to grab some shox...Monroe/Tenneco has a gift card rebate ($50/per 4) versus Gabriel has 4 for price of three...what to choose, what to choose??? I have a set of new looking Rough Country (Tenneco) take offs laying around...maybe those will do the trick. When board (or eating lunch) I scan Rock Auto, Amazon, and other sites looking for parts deals I can use. I was able to pick up the Moog stabilizers for $9 ea on a private label/rebox close out. I bought all (5) available. Got a good deal on HD private label/rebox Gabe's - $12/ea, shox & stabs about a year ago. Used the shox at the time, still have a few stab's.

bluedragon436
03-28-2017, 10:01 PM
Two new QA1 Heim Joints for my IRO OTK steering... apparently 1 had the threads jacked up, due to adjuster being loose.. or something.. so ordered up new ones, and had em shipped to the shop, so can get them replaced and the steering back to good while it's still down for the gears/lockers/axle rebuild... Was hoping to have it back already.. but hopefully I can pick it up on Saturday/Sunday... if not before (I'm really hoping before)..

Brasscatz
04-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Been having a hard time with my back while mowing the back yard. It's not a huge back yard, but big enough to be a real chore with a push mower. Ordered this today...

I've been looking for used ones, but people sure are proud of them, plus the fact that I have no way to get one home once bought. Makes sense to spend a few extra bucks and get a new one delivered.

bluedragon436
04-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Been having a hard time with my back while mowing the back yard. It's not a huge back yard, but big enough to be a real chore with a push mower. Ordered this today...

I've been looking for used ones, but people sure are proud of them, plus the fact that I have no way to get one home once bought. Makes sense to spend a few extra bucks and get a new one delivered.

What??!! No zero turn model?? LOL.. Looks like that's a nice unit.. actually saw that one at Sears the other day... Can't wait to get a place of my own and pick up a rider...

Brasscatz
04-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Zero turn would be nice! Had to go cost efficient, though :(

nickyg
04-06-2017, 08:43 AM
Just get yourself one of these. Pretty reliable but the emissions are pretty high.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170406/dd68f4ddd2c07fbd0abd00ec726a112b.jpg

denverd1
04-07-2017, 10:40 AM
bumper tie-ins. if you have a winch and intend to use it, HIGHLY recommended. maybe a 10k winch was too much after all

Brasscatz
04-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Got it in this morning.... Love it!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170408/0ea7d77fa7df0f65254ff3249e4ab427.jpg

bluedragon436
04-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Ordered a watch from the UK last week, to replace one that was given to me by my father and stolen while I was deployed. It is made by a company that is from MD, only a few hours away from me, and happens to share the same last name as I do with my family...(no relation unfortunately with the company).. anyways, have been trying to find this same model watch for a few months now since it got stolen last year, and have had no luck in finding anyone actively selling one... and finally a guy contacted me saying he had the watch I was looking for, and would be willing to sell it.. so I snagged that up, and actually got it a bit cheaper than I was expecting to pay, so that was a win/win... He shipped it out on Friday, and it is already in NY.. so I'm pretty happy with that.. hoping to have it in the next day or so... Bt with that my next item to order, which I'll be doing in just a few minutes, will be a new dive band for the watch, just like I had purchased for my previous version.. Can't wait to have it back on my wrist again..

denverd1
04-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Ordered a watch from the UK last week, to replace one that was given to me by my father and stolen while I was deployed. It is made by a company that is from MD, only a few hours away from me, and happens to share the same last name as I do with my family...(no relation unfortunately with the company).. anyways, have been trying to find this same model watch for a few months now since it got stolen last year, and have had no luck in finding anyone actively selling one... and finally a guy contacted me saying he had the watch I was looking for, and would be willing to sell it.. so I snagged that up, and actually got it a bit cheaper than I was expecting to pay, so that was a win/win... He shipped it out on Friday, and it is already in NY.. so I'm pretty happy with that.. hoping to have it in the next day or so... Bt with that my next item to order, which I'll be doing in just a few minutes, will be a new dive band for the watch, just like I had purchased for my previous version.. Can't wait to have it back on my wrist again..

sweet! I'm a watch geek and would love to know more. pics (links) or anything you feel like sharing would be cool.

XJ Wheeler
04-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Love watches too. Pics when ya can!

bluedragon436
04-11-2017, 11:27 PM
The watch I purchased is actually built not too far way from me, over in MD by a company called Hager watches (which just happens to be my last name as well).. but yeah.. They make other versions of the watch now, but I still like the classic version much better.. I've never been a huge watch geek, but think that was mainly due to not having the money or the ability to spend the money when I was with my ex.. once I get into a good position career wise, there are a few that aren't too crazy expensive that I'd like to pick up.. but no rush on that right yet.. I'm certainly not a Rolex type watch geek.. I've been a few of those that are nice.. but not multiple thousands of dollars worth to me... maybe one day..

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/snootydog/Hager%20Commando/20170402_090036.jpg (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/snootydog/media/Hager%20Commando/20170402_090036.jpg.html)
That is the one I have headed my way, and will hopefully be in hand the next day or so (which is way faster then I expected).. I told him to keep the Nato band he threw on it in the pics, and he was glad to keep it to use for another watch he has.. I plan on running a rubber dive band on it, just as I had on my last one...

Brasscatz
04-23-2017, 09:20 AM
The first part of my death wobble solution ordered. Went with a Durango box to upgrade. pricing was practically the same as what i was finding for XJ OEM replacements.

Amazon.com: Cardone 27-7588 Remanufactured Power Steering Gear: Automotive

bluedragon436
04-23-2017, 09:51 AM
The first part of my death wobble solution ordered. Went with a Durango box to upgrade. pricing was practically the same as what i was finding for XJ OEM replacements.

Amazon.com: Cardone 27-7588 Remanufactured Power Steering Gear: Automotive (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C48Z2E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

You'll like it once you get it in.. was definitely a bear to install, but was straight forward... I forgot about the added size of the gearbox and the requirement of having some sort of spacer between the gearbox and the "frame"... when I did mine... Luckily I tried putting the new IRO spacer up against the gearbox before installing.. so was able to find a solution prior to heaving it up there to find out it wouldn't fit.. lol

Charlie Foxtrot
04-26-2017, 08:09 PM
my starter showed up today. its as big as a twelve pack of pop. much heavier tho. its for a nice old three cylinder Detroit Diesel that's inside a big old pavement roller. damn near had a hernia pulling it. had to do the job thru a 2 foot hatch on the side of the machine about three feet from the engine. its raining now, or I'd be installing it. the roller is stuck on a runway (hehe). been there since Saturday.

bluedragon436
04-26-2017, 08:31 PM
my starter showed up today. its as big as a twelve pack of pop. much heavier tho. its for a nice old three cylinder Detroit Diesel that's inside a big old pavement roller. damn near had a hernia pulling it. had to do the job thru a 2 foot hatch on the side of the machine about three feet from the engine. its raining now, or I'd be installing it. the roller is stuck on a runway (hehe). been there since Saturday.

Way to shut down the runway!! This is what happens when they let just anybody on the airfield!!! LOL.. I kid I kid!!! Looks like a good time though, with the changing of the parts on big equipment... you'd think with the bigger equipment they'd make it easier to work on, and easier to get to stuff... but I think they make it even harder!!

Charlie Foxtrot
04-27-2017, 07:38 AM
luckily the runway is 180' wide and the big blob of steel is only occupying about 30' of one side. one of the young guys was rolling the runway, and rather than pull it off and park it on the road (or where it belongs), or just leave it running, thought it would be ok to shut it down and walk away to go chat up a pretty girl. when he came back - no start. When I finally got called (about sundown Saturday) the bat cable end was melted, the post on the battery was melted & case punched thru where the molten lead dripped, and of course the starter was smoked w/ a ground up bendix drive gear. what a hot mess. BTW the rebuilder was only able to salvage the case, everything else had to be replaced. When I saw the internal bits, I just had to cry.

denverd1
04-27-2017, 08:45 AM
luckily the runway is 180' wide and the big blob of steel is only occupying about 30' of one side. one of the young guys was rolling the runway, and rather than pull it off and park it on the road (or where it belongs), or just leave it running, thought it would be ok to shut it down and walk away to go chat up a pretty girl. when he came back - no start. When I finally got called (about sundown Saturday) the bat cable end was melted, the post on the battery was melted & case punched thru where the molten lead dripped, and of course the starter was smoked w/ a ground up bendix drive gear. what a hot mess. BTW the rebuilder was only able to salvage the case, everything else had to be replaced. When I saw the internal bits, I just had to cry.

kids these days

bluedragon436
04-28-2017, 08:16 AM
Should of told him that he should have just left it running... rolling the runway... then just go catch up to it... ... Now he gets to chat up chick... and still get the job done!! LOL... But seriously... that sucks that it caused that much damage... but at least got the parts to put it back together and get it clear of the runway... Did, he at least get the chicks number?? LOL

Charlie Foxtrot
04-29-2017, 02:36 PM
Well, it's off the runway now...got wet sticking the starter in during a storm. Still need to rewire some controls, install some safeties, blah, blah, blah.

Yes, damage is an issue, but this way he owes me - big time. The only thing I hate worse than mowing is rolling. Guess who gets to roll & mow the rest of the summer?? Hehahahaha!

Yes, he seems to have gotten her number. With luck, she'll get even for me and spend his paycheck/

Today I ventured near the cheddar curtain, passing thru for a short visit. When I got home this was behind me...

MattybPDX
04-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Just ordered these bad boys.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170429/9a13cdbe49e808ba8228fcf93009cdd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Charlie Foxtrot
05-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Nice! Let us know how well they work!

denverd1
05-01-2017, 03:57 PM
anybody want to split a set of uppers? Going to 3 link and don't need both uppers. already have lowers...

abebehrmann
05-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Today I ventured near the cheddar curtain, passing thru for a short visit. When I got home this was behind me...

Hahahaha, I hate it when that happens!

bluedragon436
05-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Well, it's off the runway now...got wet sticking the starter in during a storm. Still need to rewire some controls, install some safeties, blah, blah, blah.

Safeties are overrated... and take the fun out of operating stuff!!

Yes, damage is an issue, but this way he owes me - big time. The only thing I hate worse than mowing is rolling. Guess who gets to roll & mow the rest of the summer?? Hehahahaha!

Yes, he seems to have gotten her number. With luck, she'll get even for me and spend his paycheck/

Awesome... and would be great if she did..

Looks like will be a fun project to work on.. what are your plans for it??

nickyg
05-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Just got my new lower control arms from root one six.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170513/2417da7833072553a670af06733b8162.jpg

MattybPDX
05-16-2017, 03:25 PM
Just got my new lower control arms from root one six.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170513/2417da7833072553a670af06733b8162.jpg
My ironman arms should be in any day now.

MattybPDX
05-18-2017, 09:33 AM
So close!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170518/05382beb80c984c7c0d45fc1af909a24.jpg

bluedragon436
05-18-2017, 02:29 PM
So close!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170518/05382beb80c984c7c0d45fc1af909a24.jpg

More beef from Andy on it's way to a new home under an XJ!!

MattybPDX
05-18-2017, 03:17 PM
More beef from Andy on it's way to a new home under an XJ!!
Yup!

MattybPDX
05-18-2017, 03:18 PM
She's turned in to a work rig. Probably gong to build a little box to put oboe there and bump up the suspension an inch or 2.

Oops wrong tread. Can't figure out how to delete. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170518/558a034e98628bba67e1a96c39cdf4cb.jpg

MattybPDX
05-19-2017, 04:44 PM
So I ordered arms from Andy but he sent these brontosaurus bones instead!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170519/ede353eb6ca50dc7d3ff1e74a9d6f08e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170519/79fa2f992c25c3c372e72cd7a99bfe46.jpg

4.3LXJ
01-08-2018, 03:54 PM
No activity on this thread in seven months. You guys broke or something?

Pookapotamus
01-08-2018, 11:21 PM
Yup saving up to put an apple CarPlay deck in Mort.

MattybPDX
01-09-2018, 12:09 AM
Not totally jeep related, but it's stuff I ordered. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180109/27ff26afec38d210846e2efe99858d5b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180109/6bbaf2a2b59a75047bb61880f8fbfc18.jpg

4.3LXJ
01-09-2018, 11:07 AM
Yup saving up to put an apple CarPlay deck in Mort.

I don't have an iphone, but I have been daydreaming for a new stereo system with a screen for the XJ. Found one that has a detachable screen that slides up and down to accommodate various configurations of air vents etc. Biggest thing I want out of it is GPS for my Backcountry Navigator. And the wife wants her tunes of course

denverd1
01-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Not totally jeep related, but it's stuff I ordered. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180109/27ff26afec38d210846e2efe99858d5b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180109/6bbaf2a2b59a75047bb61880f8fbfc18.jpg

Ernie Ball!! wait, you play bass too? Haven't played in a while, but love some bass.
those deep impacts are pretty awesome too! :D

denverd1
01-09-2018, 12:06 PM
I don't have an iphone, but I have been daydreaming for a new stereo system with a screen for the XJ. Found one that has a detachable screen that slides up and down to accommodate various configurations of air vents etc. Biggest thing I want out of it is GPS for my Backcountry Navigator. And the wife wants her tunes of course

wasn't there a thread on android tablet as head unit/GPS capable?

MattybPDX
01-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Ernie Ball!! wait, you play bass too? Haven't played in a while, but love some bass.
those deep impacts are pretty awesome too! :DI ordered a 3 pack of strings and they sent 6. Thanks Guitar Center!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180109/d0cdb6d17daa48c4ba9c2b45d686d5ca.jpg

4.3LXJ
01-09-2018, 12:55 PM
wasn't there a thread on android tablet as head unit/GPS capable?
I believe it was Tony using a small cpu converted to that function. Not my bag. I be ign't when it comes to that stuff

denverd1
01-09-2018, 01:10 PM
I believe it was Tony using a small cpu converted to that function. Not my bag. I be ign't when it comes to that stuff

you may be right, but that's not how I understood it... I'll see if I can find. from what I saw, the tablet (with its own brain inside) was running a few apps for music, OBD2, etc

denverd1
01-09-2018, 01:10 PM
I ordered a 3 pack of strings and they sent 6. Thanks Guitar Center!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180109/d0cdb6d17daa48c4ba9c2b45d686d5ca.jpg

love that! too bad they don't do that with guitars....

4.3LXJ
01-09-2018, 04:06 PM
you may be right, but that's not how I understood it... I'll see if I can find. from what I saw, the tablet (with its own brain inside) was running a few apps for music, OBD2, etc

They have some interesting stuff now. 7 - 9" android touch screen with phone, music, wifi, blue tooth and GPS that all fits in single or double din slots.

denverd1
01-09-2018, 04:32 PM
they do. I didn't realize you had to mirror your phone to the earlier versions... or maybe you still do with current ones?

4.3LXJ
01-09-2018, 05:47 PM
I don't care about the phone function. It is everything else plus back up camera that I want

denverd1
01-11-2018, 02:27 PM
which one you gonna get?

4.3LXJ
01-11-2018, 03:12 PM
As of right now, the Carjoying unit is what I think I would opt for. Down the road you understand. But it is the only one I found that has options for screen position so I can keep the AC vents. Something I need here in the sun belt

bluedragon436
01-17-2018, 04:47 PM
I ordered a 3 pack of strings and they sent 6. Thanks Guitar Center!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180109/d0cdb6d17daa48c4ba9c2b45d686d5ca.jpg

That is a sweet setup you have there... for everything from the Guitars/amps to the computer setup.. I need to buckle down and continue learning myself to play bass... I need to restring mine as well... Then again, I'm kind of thinking about replacing the pickups in mine to change them out more towards the Jazz bass pickups... but for now what I have will work to learn me... Started doing it many years back, and was learning slowly... then I quite doing it (don't ask me why, cause I don't know)...

4.3LXJ
01-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Good to see you back James

denverd1
01-19-2018, 11:19 AM
Got several upgrades on deck. I'm loosely referring to all of it as "stage 2".

Mid frame stiffeners
Long arms and xmember
2" taller lift (6.5" total. New coils and adjustable shackles)
Rebuild driver side frame rail for gear mount
Tire carrier
Reinforce front bumper
Longer brake lines
Remove trans drop
Hydro assist steering

Really trying to hold off ordering some of the components. But also trying to prioritize things. Will get started on steering gear and frame stiffeners. Once the ball gets rolling I'll start ordering the rest. already have the stiffeners and leaf shackles. The next thing I order will be steel to rebuild frame rail. Might order carrier steel as well.

4.3LXJ
01-19-2018, 02:33 PM
You will like that three link long arm. Much smoother in the bumps and actually makes a difference in steering through them

denverd1
01-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Will I need limit straps?

4.3LXJ
01-20-2018, 09:11 PM
No, I don't use them. You should however have shocks matched to the springs.

denverd1
01-21-2018, 05:09 PM
No, I don't use them. You should however have shocks matched to the springs.Absolutely. Think I'll try some bilsteins this time. You still like Magnum something or others..? Gonna put those on yours again?

denverd1
01-21-2018, 05:12 PM
Ordered a brake disc. Lose stud wanted out of there
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180121/e0815eea3c21e9d34e753befa7bb181f.jpg

4.3LXJ
01-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Is that an extra vent for cooling purposes?

4.3LXJ
01-21-2018, 07:34 PM
Absolutely. Think I'll try some bilsteins this time. You still like Magnum something or others..? Gonna put those on yours again?

Yes, I still use Gas Magnums. Favorite shock of all time for a trail rig.

denverd1
01-23-2018, 02:28 PM
Yes, I still use Gas Magnums. Favorite shock of all time for a trail rig.

yea, I think I'll go with those... Hard to spend good money on shocks for a crawler

4.3LXJ
01-23-2018, 04:14 PM
I disagree. Good shocks make a lot of difference in trail manners. You will have to adjust bushings etc. Let me know and I can help you

bluedragon436
01-23-2018, 06:48 PM
Nothing for the XJ unfortunately... I ordered a new set of LED H4 bulbs for my MR-S to replace the HID setup I had, as these are brighter, and have a better beam... and have a nice pure white beam on both low and high beam, whereas the HID setup I had, had a nice white light for the low beam (although not very clean and focused) but when you went to brights, it went to a nasty yellow halogen light... and was really annoying... also ordered a new charge cord for my original Bose Soundlink Mini.. now if I could just find a base or someone with teh base for the second version to see if it'll still work with my gen 1 version... Other than that with limited funds haven' been ordering much of anything for anything....

XJ Wheeler
01-29-2018, 05:56 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180129/d158437dad971bf63c16c88fb9c242ba.jpg

4.3LXJ
01-29-2018, 07:14 PM
Eeeewwwwww, sexy

denverd1
01-30-2018, 02:20 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180129/d158437dad971bf63c16c88fb9c242ba.jpg

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.Awesome!

XJ Wheeler
01-30-2018, 02:41 PM
It's not exactly what I want but such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. It's a new Detroit locker for a 8.25 that a guy that has a gearing shop had setting around (he had a few others like a sterling 10.25) and just wanted them gone I guess. However... it's a 27 spline model. I do have the 27 spline in mine but I always planned to go 29 and never even thought about building it 27 spline. And all that was IF I built this axle as I was contemplating an 8.8 but figured whichever I found a good deal on parts would make the decision. I even have a set of new alloy 29 spline shafts for it. Plus I was swaying toward a limited slip in the rear for hazardous situations, or a selectable but that's a pipe dream for me.

But I'm just ecstatic to have found this, and for about the price of a lower end lunchbox locker!!!

4.3LXJ
01-30-2018, 03:16 PM
You will like the locker better in the long run. When you get it in, be sure to give us an evauation

XJ Wheeler
01-30-2018, 03:34 PM
You will like the locker better in the long run. When you get it in, be sure to give us an evauation
I figure I can't go wrong with a Detriot.

Gonna be a while. I've still got gears, and a few other things to save for.

denverd1
01-30-2018, 05:09 PM
8.25 is good for 35s. What sorta rig were you building?

slap that baby in there! 27 sp shafts should only be marginally weaker than 29 sp.

interwebz says there's a neck down area that's similar to D35 shafts... many say they beat a 27 sp 8.25 pretty hard...

Hell call Detroit, they may be able to help you out. But I definitely wouldn't let a good locker sit around too long!!

XJ Wheeler
01-30-2018, 05:45 PM
8.25 is good for 35s. What sorta rig were you building?

slap that baby in there! 27 sp shafts should only be marginally weaker than 29 sp.

interwebz says there's a neck down area that's similar to D35 shafts... many say they beat a 27 sp 8.25 pretty hard...

Hell call Detroit, they may be able to help you out. But I definitely wouldn't let a good locker sit around too long!!

Oh yeah, 35s is biggest I'm gonna run on this axle for sure. I do like the rocks but I know how to feather the throttle. Just feels wrong to build it 27 spline but it's not like it's a huge difference so I won't worry too much. ;) I will look into alloy shafts for it to give it that extra insurance too.

denverd1
02-02-2018, 06:35 PM
4 point harnesses!

4.3LXJ
02-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Gonna do a little racing? :tongueroll:

denverd1
02-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Gonna do a little racing? :tongueroll:

No, just trying to keep everyone planted in the event of a roll. Been close several times. Ordered the harnesses quite a bit early into this project, but got the for a good price. Corbeau with traditional buckles, not those weird latches.

Is 4 pt good or should I add a sub belt?

It will get a hybrid cage eventually, but thinking I'll put the harnesses in right away.

4.3LXJ
02-06-2018, 10:39 AM
I used to have a harness in my CJ5 which I raced. Got lots of air time in that one. Finally broke the frame, then welded it together for round two. I had a three point where the rear harness went through a slot in the seat. Worked well for racing, but when wheeling I did not use the shoulder harness. I couldn't shift over to look outside the Jeep at my line. I think a sub belt is not needed unless you have significant sudden forward momentum stops

4x4Dalton
02-17-2018, 09:10 AM
Just got a 200 amp alternator for running future winch install and take care of lack of power issues.

4.3LXJ
02-17-2018, 09:42 AM
Very cool Bear. I have a big one too and I can say you won't be sorry you put out the cash for that

4x4Dalton
02-17-2018, 09:45 AM
I'm thinking of adding a 2nd battery for winch and other accessories.

denverd1
02-17-2018, 10:25 AM
that is cool! where'd you find the alt? where you gonna put 2nd batt?

i pulled stock air box and went with a cowl intake. might be a good spot for a 2nd

4x4Dalton
02-17-2018, 12:32 PM
Found the alternator on eBay. Had several off road guys use them before and had no issues. Thinking of either in engine bay or run lines and mount one in back of Jeep.

4.3LXJ
02-17-2018, 09:17 PM
Both of mine are in the back

4x4Dalton
02-18-2018, 11:40 AM
Did you do a write up on them in the back?

4.3LXJ
02-18-2018, 01:47 PM
Somewhere in my build thread. Basically I made an aluminum tray out of angle and got some tie down kits for them. They are end to end with solenoids in the center to control function. Two winch solanoids for each battery hooked together by an aluminum flat bar. 1/0 welding cable to the front running along the inside under the door trim and through the firewall to a junction block I made where bot positive cables attach together with a 4 gauge cable from the 250 amp alternator. The winch and starter cables go from there. Ground goes to the transfer case and I use the engine to carry the ground forward. Separate ground to the body from the batteries

abebehrmann
02-20-2018, 12:03 PM
Ordered this AHP AC/DC TIG welder a couple weeks ago with part of our tax refund. It's on backorder until the end of the month, so I still haven't received it yet. Clicked the Amazon link before ordering so hopefully the site gets a cut. Will let you know my thoughts on "My Welding Projects" thread. Can't wait to try my hand at TIG for the first time. I'm sure it will be a long learning process,
but it should be fun. 14381

4.3LXJ
02-20-2018, 02:07 PM
Oh yeah. Would love to have one too.

XJ Wheeler
02-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Learning tig is one of those skills I demand of myself in my lifetime. Have fun learning Abe!!!