PDA

View Full Version : Texas Offroad and Performance experiences?

WhileInTheWild
09-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Anyone have any experience with Texas Offroad and Performance in Manvel? They gave a pretty good quote for a lift kit install & tires and have been very responsive via email so my trigger finger is twitching but want to do my due diligence first.

I know I could throw a wrenching party and get the lift kit install done but would still need to get the tires mounted and the alignment done professionally so it would be more convenient to get it all done at once and it really isn't that much for the install, much cheaper than it would be with my own hourly rate.

Mudderoy
10-01-2014, 01:54 AM
Anyone have any experience with Texas Offroad and Performance in Manvel? They gave a pretty good quote for a lift kit install & tires and have been very responsive via email so my trigger finger is twitching but want to do my due diligence first.

I know I could throw a wrenching party and get the lift kit install done but would still need to get the tires mounted and the alignment done professionally so it would be more convenient to get it all done at once and it really isn't that much for the install, much cheaper than it would be with my own hourly rate.

I don't. My first lift was installed by a mechanic friend of the family. I installed a 4" lift on my wife's TJ and a 3" lift on my 99 XJ that our girls drive.

I have sense replaced the lift on my 98 with a higher one.

The mechanic did a great job, but I feel better knowing how it was installed. Keep in mind you'll need to check it after 500 miles to make sure everything is still tight.

Let us know how it goes oh and don't forget the before and after pictures.