PDA

View Full Version : Welcome WhileInTheWild!!!

bluedragon436
09-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Hi WhileInTheWild, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

WhileInTheWild
09-05-2014, 08:27 AM
G'day all!

I don't yet own an XJ but currently have eyes on Craigslist for a white 97-01 to be both a daily driver and a camping vehicle with some off road but nothing extreme like rock hopping, mainly just forest service roads and the like. User TimmyTXJ is my mentor and referred me here.

Hopefully someone in the Houston area is selling soon so I can scratch the itch, have only recently started looking though so it could be a while as it looks like I have missed all the current listings.

4.3LXJ
09-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Welcome Jason, mine while modified, sees a lot of forest service roads and is used is the get there with the camping gear vehicle too. They are great for that

XJ Wheeler
09-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Welcome to the site Jason! Any friend of Timmys is welcome here. I'm up in Conroe too. Good luck with the search and feel free to come here if you need any guidance.

WhileInTheWild
09-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Well that didn't take long, went to look at this bad boy:

http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/4631448627.html

The dealer's listed price was ridiculous ($7,980) but I haggled them down to a more reasonable $5300 as the jeep is in very good condition, TimmyTXJ very generously offered to come out to take a look as I'm not a car guy (yet), he gave the thumb's up but just suggested they change out all the fluids or knock a bit more off, the dealership was clueless about changing anything other than the oil so got it down to $5,150 and we will do that ourselves.

Not quite officially in the club just yet though, just have to take a check tomorrow and then I will very happily join the club.

PS. Is there a secret handshake?

Brasscatz
09-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Lol welcome aboard buddy. Tim is a great guy, he spent 8 hours with me working on my motor mounts and missed his first date with his now fiance lol.
If you're looking to spend $5k+.... I could've sold you mine lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

XJ Wheeler
09-06-2014, 03:28 AM
Looks mint! Congrats on finding a nice one and hope ya get it real soon.

The only handshake I know of is where you hand loads of money over to buy more parts. Your hand is usually shaking, along with a lone tear. :D Welcome to the illness!

WhileInTheWild
09-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys, originally I was looking for something with a bit more work already done to it but this one is in such good shape I couldn't pass it up, picking it up from the dealership this morning.

First project will be a full fluid change and then replacing the stereo head unit with a Bluetooth one for that I see I need a 1.5 DIN faceplate so a single DIN unit will fit nicely and a wiring harness, anything else? Will likely just order on Amazon or is there somewhere local that has similar prices?

4.3LXJ
09-06-2014, 09:25 AM
If you order on Amazon, click on the link below and a few bucks of your purchase will go to support the sight. Won't cost you any more than otherwise

bluedragon436
09-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Welcome to the XJ club... And don't worry, lots of people start off with only wanting something small for camping use... and they get bit and end up hitting the trails in no time enjoying the full Jeep experience!!

TimmyTXJ
09-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Welcome to "the fold" my friend! You definitely started out with one of the nicest XJs I've seen. I'm sure it won't be long at all before you're utterly obsessed like the rest of us. XJTalk is a wonderful community full of knowledgeable, friendly people. I consider many of the folks here as friends even though we've never met. Through this site, you'll never be lacking for ideas, advice, or motivation!