PDA

View Full Version : UK deliveries

Philxj4L
09-01-2014, 06:55 AM
The last 30" lightbar I ordered wasn't up to what I expect quality wise, so I punted it out at cost, and ordered a 30" Cree as a replacement. This is now the 3rd Cree bar I've got from China. The first used DHL for delivery, the second, UPS. 1st arrived 4 days after order, the 2nd 5 days, and this included clearing customs. The latest bar is being delivered (allegedly!) by Parcel Force, what was for some time, the main delivery company in the UK. NINE DAYS so far, and it's still with customs (according to tracking). Worse, they just informed me today, when it clears customs, they'll send me a LETTER to let me know what duties are due ! This is after I provided a contact telephone number for courier company.
I'm at a loss as to how they're still in business considering, not only is the service CRAP. But also the most expensive delivery provider in the UK ! When will the UK get US style service.

Brasscatz
09-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Holy crap, that's a long time to be in customs!

Philxj4L
09-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Times like this, you see the logic in calling them parcel farce. They really are useless. Wouldn't surprise me if they lost it next.

XJ Wheeler
09-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Well, our USPS (United States Postal Service) is about on par with that. We've had them lose items, including one last week. Often times the delivery driver in our area is careless and will leave the package ON our mailbox, even once when it was raining. Another time they left a note saying they would stop service if we didn't trim a small bush by the mailbox. Said it was scratching the mail vehicle as they drove up to it off the road. :rolleyes: