PDA

View Full Version : Boots!!

bcrosson92
08-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Durango or Frye?

i need sturdy very comfy boot. i love my redwing loggers but they are too beat up to wear to the office. i need good support as i only have nine toes now because of a work accident. help me decide. :bang:

bluedragon436
08-31-2014, 05:22 AM
That's a tough one.. Seems as if they are both great work boots!! I can understand liking the RedWing boots they are great boots as well.. Just wish that good work boots weren't so damn expensive!!

Rocco83
08-31-2014, 09:39 AM
I use UA boots. I have weird arches and crap ankles and they work great for me. Not sure if you need steel toes or not, mine aren't, but they work great.

bcrosson92
08-31-2014, 02:36 PM
i ordered ariat ramblers. i tried some on today and they felt good and i have always heard great thing about them.

Brasscatz
08-31-2014, 07:19 PM
I have Timberland right now and love them. However, my next ones will be Under Armour. I have so many other Under Armour things like sun glasses and such and UA has lifetime warranties on all their products. My scratched $100+ sunglasses got replaced free after 5+ years, bigjim350's work boots got replaced.... best company out there in my opinion.

XJ Wheeler
08-31-2014, 08:39 PM
Some of the best boots i had were Craftsman oddly enough. Although i haven't tried many of the higher end boots.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Rocco83
08-31-2014, 09:09 PM
Never even knew that Craftsman even made boots?

XJ Wheeler
08-31-2014, 09:16 PM

I didn't either till i had a pair. Those things were comfortable too! Twenty four hours in a boot and comfort becomes very important.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

bluedragon436
09-01-2014, 03:32 AM
UA has lifetime warranties on all their products. My scratched $100+ sunglasses got replaced free after 5+ years, bigjim350's work boots got replaced.... best company out there in my opinion.

What did Jim get them replaced for?? Like what was wrong with them that UA still replaced them?? Only ask cause I've been looking at picking up a pair of UA boots to wear for work once I get out.. figure I've been so used to wearing work boots prior to joining the USAF, and when I was working on the farm during my off time... might as well continue to have that good support even after I get out of the USAF..

Can't say that I knew that made boots either.. I mean I'm sure they're not their boots, they're probably someone else's boots, just rebranded.. Then again never had good luck with the Craftsman gloves when I gave them a try..., so think I'll just stick with the names I've heard of and heard good reviews for...

bluedragon436
09-01-2014, 03:37 AM
i ordered ariat ramblers. i tried some on today and they felt good and i have always heard great thing about them.

Ariat boots are awesome boots.. They are a bit expensive, but the one pair I've had were well worth it...

Brasscatz
09-01-2014, 09:52 AM
What did Jim get them replaced for?? Like what was wrong with them that UA still replaced them?? Only ask cause I've been looking at picking up a pair of UA boots to wear for work once I get out.. figure I've been so used to wearing work boots prior to joining the USAF, and when I was working on the farm during my off time... might as well continue to have that good support even after I get out of the USAF..

He had worn a hole in one of them. I'm sure they won't replace due to normal wear, kinda like your car's brake pads aren't under warranty, but who knows? they might lol

bluedragon436
09-01-2014, 02:33 PM
He had worn a hole in one of them. I'm sure they won't replace due to normal wear, kinda like your car's brake pads aren't under warranty, but who knows? they might lol

Yeah I didn't think they would cover normal wear and tear, that is why I was wondering what was wrong with his boots that they covered under warranty...

xj-jake
09-02-2014, 09:23 AM
X2 on the Ariat boots... They are a little on the spendy side but extremely comfortable and very durable. I've had my last set for 5 years and counting...

Joliet Johnny
09-02-2014, 10:01 AM
X2 on the Ariat boots... They are a little on the spendy side but extremely comfortable and very durable. I've had my last set for 5 years and counting...

Do you feet sweat a lot in the Ariat boots? Have a pair of Redwings and hate them, sweat like crazy in spring through fall freeze in winter should be their tagline.

EekGirl96
09-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Hubby bought ariat boots and they didn't last long at all....he's been wearing Justin's ever since and they've lasted awhile

xj-jake
09-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Do you feet sweat a lot in the Ariat boots? Have a pair of Redwings and hate them, sweat like crazy in spring through fall freeze in winter should be their tagline.

No more than normal. I have a pair of Tony Llama boots that I kinda go back and forth between. I like the Ariats because they have a lower wider and softer heel. Great boots for in the winter with ice and snow. My Llamas are a narrower taller harder heel. Like I said I go between the two depending on how my back and knees feel.

bcrosson92
09-04-2014, 07:04 PM
got my ariat's today and they seem good so far. ill know how comfy they are after work tomorrow.

bluedragon436
09-05-2014, 06:13 AM
I hope the Ariats worked out good for you @ work... I know I wore a few pairs of them over the years when working around the farm and the horses and they weren't too bad at all.. just hated the cost, especially for something that was going to get trashed in mud, and other great nasties from the farm life.. So I just went back to my used work boots from the military and they worked well enough for me... I will be looking to pick up a decent pair of work boots to wear once I get a new career started though.. as I'll be passed tired of wearing military boots, and looking for something far more comfortable to upgrade too...

bcrosson92
09-05-2014, 05:23 PM
they were very comfy just need a higher arch i think