PDA

View Full Version : I need a good engine in the Houston area.

ezbuzzsaw
08-19-2014, 09:04 PM
I am looking for a good running engine for my 1992 XJ. I need it to be an early engine so I wont run into all the problems with changing the intake. Let me know what you have available. This is my DD and I run a small business out of her and the old girl's engine is just giving out. Sounds like the connecting rods are starting to knock the oil pan.

OrangeXJ
08-20-2014, 02:59 AM
I am looking for a good running engine for my 1992 XJ. I need it to be an early engine so I wont run into all the problems with changing the intake. Let me know what you have available. This is my DD and I run a small business out of her and the old girl's engine is just giving out. Sounds like the connecting rods are starting to knock the oil pan.

You can do what I did. I got a rebuilt long block from Thunderbolt engine and transmission in Houston. $1500 with a 3yr 36,000 mile warrenty. I put one in my TJ and my sons XJ both are still running strong.

bluedragon436
08-20-2014, 03:05 AM
Or heck if you got a little bit of money to put into it, you can check out Auto Zone too, they have pretty decent deals on engines... was surprised to see this, when a co-worker recently picked up a new one for her XJ...