PDA

View Full Version : 97XJ

Rocco83
08-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Well My XJ I picked up the other day is for sale. All I ended up doing to it is taking the skid plates. Other than that it is whole and complete. I had thought about cannibalizing it, but with the body being damn near perfect I didn't want to cut it up. Motor is blown, one of the pistons hit plug 2 on a start up. No title. Other than that it would be an amazing base to build a good XJ to wheel. $500 obo

bluedragon436
08-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Pull the engine, budget stroker build that bad boy, and pick up a decent little lift and wheel the piss out of it!! Damn the straight body!!! LOL

Rocco83
08-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Pull the engine, budget stroker build that bad boy, and pick up a decent little lift and wheel the piss out of it!! Damn the straight body!!! LOL

That is the plan if I still have it when the snow falls. Cleaning out a spot in the garage the last few days to park it while I tear it all down, sand it, paint it, and rebuild the engine. That's why I am hoping it sells. One XJ is expensive enough, two will be a PITA to budget for. I like the idea though of having one to break on the trail while I still have one I can drive everyday.

XJ Wheeler
08-19-2014, 07:31 PM
If it was closer i would definitely be interested! Good luck!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Rocco83
08-19-2014, 07:35 PM
If it was closer i would definitely be interested! Good luck!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Thanks man. Someone has to buy it. I'm going to be 6k in my main one and already started adding up money on the 2nd one and...wow haha. Guess I should be happy I'm single haha

bluedragon436
08-19-2014, 07:38 PM
That is the plan if I still have it when the snow falls. Cleaning out a spot in the garage the last few days to park it while I tear it all down, sand it, paint it, and rebuild the engine. That's why I am hoping it sells. One XJ is expensive enough, two will be a PITA to budget for. I like the idea though of having one to break on the trail while I still have one I can drive everyday.

Kind of what I was thinking.. especially since it doesn't have a title, you can have a dedicated trail rig, and worst case scenario you break something, you just have to have it towed back home, but you can work on fixing it a little bit over time.. where as if it was the DD you have to get it back up and going quickly so you have your DD still... seems like a good use for a no titled XJ to me!! LOL

Rocco83
08-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Yea, I could just tow my trail rig to the trail with my DD XJ. I do like that thought, kind of want just one rig, but we'll see.

Rocco83
08-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Have a line on a good running 4.0L for $175 as well.

abebehrmann
08-20-2014, 11:00 AM
I'll give you $197 for it considering it's missing the skid plates :smiley-taunt013:

Rocco83
08-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Deal. But I'm also taking the axles, doors, front clip, hatch, tcase, tranny, back glass, and the blown motor. I'll even let you talk me down to $193, but you have to take me to dinner first.

Rocco83
08-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Sold.