PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Error At Amazon.

Mudderoy
08-11-2014, 06:49 PM
I'm sitting here minding my own business, sipping my tea when Deals Plus tweets about these glasses. I see "price error!" so I have a look. The "normal" price on these is $162.75 to $196.83!! Now I don't know about you but these lips don't need a $200 glass to drink my TANG out of, but hey a deal is a deal. I thought the wife might really like them.

I'm on Amazon about to click PURCHASE when I see the quantity is 1. Now 1 glass for $13 is pricey, I mean I'll just finish off the jelly and we'll have another glass to drink out of, but again, the wife would probably like having a set of these EXPENSIVE glasses, so I change the quantity to 6.

Now the cost is $80, but free shipping, Amazon prime. Alright, what the hell, this random act of kindness will help me buy Jeep parts in the future.

I purchase and pay, order is in! I wanted to get my 6 glasses before they sold out, or corrected the error.

Now's time to research these glasses. Hmmm okay so everyone else is selling these glasses by the case! 36 in a case, now it makes sense why they'd be $200. Oh sh*t! 36 divided by $162.75 is only $4.52 a glass! Hell I just over paid for those 6 glasses I bought at $13 each!

Oh no my mistake. Amazon is selling a CASE of 36 glasses for $13, whew!

Wait a minute. If a case is 36 and I ordered 6 cases, ummm that's.... 216 glasses!!!!!

bluedragon436
08-11-2014, 06:51 PM
I was reading this the other day on the :xjtalk: FB page.. After reading it all I had to laugh as I had the odd feeling that was going to end up happening.. I've come close to purchasing multiples of something on accident like that, never quite that large of a quantity in the end though.. Have you received your cases yet??

Brasscatz
08-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Hmmm.... looks like you now have enough containers for your oil changes :D

bluedragon436
08-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Too bad it's not 6 cases of mason jars.. They'd be far more useful in the end!! and they'd make great drinking glasses...

Mudderoy
08-11-2014, 08:22 PM
I was reading this the other day on the :xjtalk: FB page.. After reading it all I had to laugh as I had the odd feeling that was going to end up happening.. I've come close to purchasing multiples of something on accident like that, never quite that large of a quantity in the end though.. Have you received your cases yet??

The Amazon ad said 1 to 2 months on the delivery time, so a shipping date of September 2nd, isn't too bad.

Rocco83
08-11-2014, 08:45 PM
I guess all your friends, family, and neighbors will be getting new glasses for xmas.

ArmyGuy45
08-12-2014, 12:08 AM
I saw his post and for 14 bucks figured a case wouldn't hurt. Awaiting shipment. :pray:

bluedragon436
08-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Yeah that's not too bad of a deal for shipment... especially on 6 cases!! You should start a poll so people can vote on how many glasses will be broken by the time they get to you!!

ArmyGuy45
08-13-2014, 12:05 AM
Yeah that's not too bad of a deal for shipment... especially on 6 cases!! You should start a poll so people can vote on how many glasses will be broken by the time they get to you!!

Ace Ventura Smashes Package - YouTube