PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler Failing

Rocco83
08-10-2014, 08:42 PM
I know the opinion of Consumer Reports isn't exactly the bar by which everything is measured. I also know that some people take their opinion fairly serious. At least some of the older people around me, as it was at a VFW I heard snippets of a conversation that led me to do some digging for the article.

Of 23 cars in 9 categories, Consumer Reports listed 7 Chrysler vehicles in the completely avoid category. With the Compass, Patriot, and Cherokee representing the Jeep brand for Chrysler.

I miss the old days when the Cherokee was considered semi-revolutionary and was in the talks for one of the best smaller SUVs of all time. Way to bring down a brand name Chrysler :( or should I say Fiat.

07Negative
08-11-2014, 11:31 AM
I don't get the purpose of the compass or patriot. The grand Cherokee is still pretty darn slick. I really like it. The new Cherokee is still goofy to me. I really dislike how the front windows cut up towards the front of the car. I don't mind it's space age front end much. But the side of the vehicle is just ugly

4.3LXJ
08-11-2014, 11:46 AM
The

4.3LXJ
08-11-2014, 11:48 AM
The question is: What criteria were they using for that assessment? Sometimes they can be off the wall. For instance they failed the GC in the avoidance test after loading 1000# of stuff in it.

abebehrmann
08-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I agree that all of those vehicles suck (Compass, Patriot, Cherokee) but I also think Consumer Reports has quite the bias. I remember reading through an issue a few years ago where they totally blasted a car (I think it was the Dodge Challenger) on their personal review of it but then when you looked at their survey of people that actually bought that car it got the highest satisfaction rate of any vehicle in the issue. So people shouldn't buy the car but everyone who did buy the car was highly satisfied and would recommend the car to others. How does that make sense?

Rocco83
08-11-2014, 03:46 PM
I agree that all of those vehicles suck (Compass, Patriot, Cherokee) but I also think Consumer Reports has quite the bias. I remember reading through an issue a few years ago where they totally blasted a car (I think it was the Dodge Challenger) on their personal review of it but then when you looked at their survey of people that actually bought that car it got the highest satisfaction rate of any vehicle in the issue. So people shouldn't buy the car but everyone who did buy the car was highly satisfied and would recommend the car to others. How does that make sense?

Doctors will tell you that heroin is bad and that you should stay away from it, but I'm sure it probably has a pretty damn great approval rating among those who buy it.

That may be a bit extreme, but my point is the same :p

slvmart
08-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Consumer Reports test 4x4 to the same standards as any other car. Or a pickup truck, as if it was a car. So of course, they always bash these vehicles for having a harsh ride and not so good handling.

But then, Motor Trend and Road and Track used to do the same. Our modified XJ's would end up being rated worse than a Prius. But then a Prius can't go many places we can.

Rocco83
08-11-2014, 05:19 PM
It can also go many places we can't....on one tank of gas.

Personally I could care less how my Jeep rides. It just has that IT factor :)

4.3LXJ
08-11-2014, 05:45 PM
It can also go many places we can't....on one tank of gas.

Personally I could care less how my Jeep rides. It just has that IT factor :)

I have a larger tank, so I can pass the prius after it runs out of gas :smiley-taunt002:

bigjim350
08-11-2014, 05:51 PM
I miss the old days when the Cherokee was considered semi-revolutionary and was in the talks for one of the best smaller SUVs of all time. Way to bring down a brand name Chrysler :( or should I say Fiat.

The new cherokee is revolutionary. Name any other vehicle that has the same type of 4wd system. Or has the headlight configuration like the new cherokee.

Rocco83
08-11-2014, 06:04 PM
I have a larger tank, so I can pass the prius after it runs out of gas :smiley-taunt002:

But can it still go further one on tank of gas than a Prius? If so, can it go further on one tank of gas than a Prius while pulling a Prius?

The new cherokee is revolutionary. Name any other vehicle that has the same type of 4wd system. Or has the headlight configuration like the new cherokee.

New Cherokee has nothing on all the revolutionary X's that will be on the new Renegade. I've heard rumors that the new Renegade gets 5 extra HP for every X you find on it. If you miss one though you don't get that extra HP.