PDA

View Full Version : Sloshing in AC, flooding passenger side

JGEdwards
08-03-2014, 10:46 PM
I know there's a million posts about the infamous clogged evaporator drains but none of them or the "drill a hole" fix seem to be so easily done on my particular model.

I've got the 1996 Cherokee Sport which seems to drain right into the chassis like many others, however as seen in the picture below (unless I'm totally wrong here and that's not the drain point) it has the rather inconvenient design of being a big pan and not a nice little 90 degree plug that I can drill right through.

As far as I can tell it does not have a drain hose on the other side, I can't access this from the compartment or under the car, and I'd have to take apart my entire dash on the passenger side just to pop this thing off to clear it.

I'm hoping someone has encountered this problem with this particularly troublesome layout and can give me some direction on the matter.

http://s9.postimg.org/j531nznn3/IMG_20140803_200231.jpg

4.3LXJ
08-04-2014, 10:10 AM
You are right, an inconvenient design. The drain is where that rubber gasket is at in the light green area. You may be missing the little soft rubber hose that has a 90° bend in it on the engine side of the fire wall. But that is where it is