PDA

View Full Version : XJ love 2014

xjken99
08-01-2014, 06:43 PM
My copies of Automobile and Motor Trend arrived yesterday and with all the new 2015 cars and SUV's both had something to say about the XJ. On page 30 of Motor Trend the writer Ron Kiino gives a quick review of the new Cherokee. The first two paragraphs are about the XJ, here are a couple quotes. "Part of what made the '84 Cherokee such a phenomenon was it's radical departure from the SJ Cherokee of the 70's" and, "Their prominence then reminds me of CR-V's today, except the Jeeps were way cooler".

Then later while paging thru the issue of Automobile I come across the Robert Cumberford Ignition by Design article also on page 30 where he calls the new Renegade a plastic bathtub toy. He spends the better part of a paragraph praising the XJ. My favorite quote here was "I have said it in the past that Dick Teague's 1984 XJ Cherokee is one of the greatest designs of all time."

To open one automotive magazine in 2014 and find someone saying something nice about the XJ is rare but, two separate magazines talking about two different new Jeeps the same month has got to be a first. I'm fired up enough that I am thinking of taking mine to the local cars and coffee tomorrow morning and show those Porsche and BMW fanboys what a great design looks like.

bluedragon436
08-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Always nice when we get a bit of much due praise & love for the XJ's!!!

Rocco83
08-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Page 30 in both magazines...too bad it wasn't a sign that they were bringing back the REAL Cherokee 30 years after the first one debuted :(

xjken99
08-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Page 30 in both magazines...too bad it wasn't a sign that they were bringing back the REAL Cherokee 30 years after the first one debuted :(

I would love to go down to the dealership and purchase a brand new one.

xjken99
08-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Spent about an hour at the local Coffee and Cars just east of downtown Cincinnati this morning. I don't know about other places but Cincy's C+C seems to be dominated by BMW's, Subaru's and Porsche's

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn148/xjken99/photobucket-6341-1406992008673_zpsffa8e915.jpg (http://s303.photobucket.com/user/xjken99/media/photobucket-6341-1406992008673_zpsffa8e915.jpg.html)

Mudderoy
08-03-2014, 02:20 PM
My copies of Automobile and Motor Trend arrived yesterday and with all the new 2015 cars and SUV's both had something to say about the XJ. On page 30 of Motor Trend the writer Ron Kiino gives a quick review of the new Cherokee. The first two paragraphs are about the XJ, here are a couple quotes. "Part of what made the '84 Cherokee such a phenomenon was it's radical departure from the SJ Cherokee of the 70's" and, "Their prominence then reminds me of CR-V's today, except the Jeeps were way cooler".

Then later while paging thru the issue of Automobile I come across the Robert Cumberford Ignition by Design article also on page 30 where he calls the new Renegade a plastic bathtub toy. He spends the better part of a paragraph praising the XJ. My favorite quote here was "I have said it in the past that Dick Teague's 1984 XJ Cherokee is one of the greatest designs of all time."

To open one automotive magazine in 2014 and find someone saying something nice about the XJ is rare but, two separate magazines talking about two different new Jeeps the same month has got to be a first. I'm fired up enough that I am thinking of taking mine to the local cars and coffee tomorrow morning and show those Porsche and BMW fanboys what a great design looks like.

That's great to hear, thanks for sharing that with us. :patriot: