PDA

View Full Version : Mufflers

Tha_Rookie123
07-16-2014, 03:49 PM
hey everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone has any experience or runs a Flowmaster muffler on their xj? I am looking for a muffler that will add an aggressive deep sound but also not be too loud inside the car or on long trips. I know that I probably won't be able to meet those needs exactly but I would like to get as close to them as possible. Just FYI i have been looking into the super 44 and super 10 mufflers from Flowmaster.

Thanks a lot!:xj-black:

bigjim350
07-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Dont have a flowmaster on the xj, but have ran plenty of them on other rides. You dont want the 10 it will be very loud inside. The super 44 shouldnt be too bad inside but you will hear it.

bluedragon436
07-16-2014, 06:28 PM
I ran a FM40 series on my 98 XJ 2.5" from the cat back, and it gave a nice sound that I enjoyed, and wasn't too noticeable inside either.. I noticed once I replaced my cat that was all jacked up with a new bolt on replacement from AZ it sounded even nicer.. I liked the sound I got from just doing the FM 40series & 2.5" piping...

XJ Wheeler
07-16-2014, 11:35 PM
My brother runs the 40 series on his and it can get a bit annoying to me. I usually sit in the back and it makes it hard to hear the driver and shotgun passenger, although I seem to be hard of hearing anyway. :rolleyes: The 44 is suppose to be slightly quieter so I would probably be swayed to that one. Also I would listen to whats on youtube. Tons of videos of exhaust notes on there.

rabies
07-17-2014, 09:31 AM
for $145 on ebay is the borla catback. iv used borla before. not sure which ones. but they are decent. delete the cat and you have a different story