PDA

View Full Version : Time for new leafs?

ArmyGuy45
07-10-2014, 09:00 PM
So I have a feeling my rear leafs are done. 119k miles and shipped to Germany and back (they ratchet them down on the boat).

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q520/ArmyGuy1911/photo6_zpsd3167d39.jpg

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q520/ArmyGuy1911/photo7_zpsdfa7031f.jpg

Nothing in the back to weight it down.
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q520/ArmyGuy1911/photo8_zps74814c5e.jpg

My driveway is pretty level. What do you guys think?

XJ Wheeler
07-11-2014, 12:19 AM
Yep, looks like your wagons a saggin! :D

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

bluedragon436
07-11-2014, 05:27 AM
Looks like a good excuse for a lift purchase!! I'd say they are worn in (out) pretty good though, so might as well use it as an excuse to get a lift!!

Rocco83
07-11-2014, 08:40 AM
They look like they have that really cool high performance S wrap like mine do. I'm saving for a lift rather than replacing them as well.

ArmyGuy45
07-11-2014, 11:05 PM
How much more life do you think I have in them? I don't have the money to buy a planned 4.5 inch lift kit and I really don't to buy a 3 inch and later turn around and pull it all for a 4.5 inch.

Brasscatz
07-12-2014, 10:07 AM
How much more life do you think I have in them? I don't have the money to buy a planned 4.5 inch lift kit and I really don't to buy a 3 inch and later turn around and pull it all for a 4.5 inch.

Hey bro, I don't know how much shipping would be from Houston to AZ, but I will have my current springs (2" lift) that I'd give you after I get my bigger lift on if you want to ship on your dime. I've even got my stock springs somewhere at msmoorenburg's shop if we can find them. There's also probably some people local to ya that'll give you their old stock springs if you can find them.

ArmyGuy45
07-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Hey bro, I don't know how much shipping would be from Houston to AZ, but I will have my current springs (2" lift) that I'd give you after I get my bigger lift on if you want to ship on your dime. I've even got my stock springs somewhere at msmoorenburg's shop if we can find them. There's also probably some people local to ya that'll give you their old stock springs if you can find them.

If you would like to ship me your 2'' springs that would be How would you want payment?

Brasscatz
07-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Paypal is cool if you want to do it that way. I'll let you know as soon as I get my lift on. Might be a month or 2 if that's cool.

ArmyGuy45
07-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Paypal is cool if you want to do it that way. I'll let you know as soon as I get my lift on. Might be a month or 2 if that's cool.

Works perfect. Thank you!

bluedragon436
07-12-2014, 03:49 PM

If you can afford a 3" with full leafs, you could run it for now, then later pick up a BB and run a set of coil spacers and adj shackles to pick up the 4.5-5" of lift you really want, and that will be far cheaper then ordering a whole new lift.. And that way if later you decide you want to go higher you can then spend the money to pick up a 6.5"+ lift... So if you can afford a 3" I'd say pick that up and especially if you order it through RC, you can call them and order longer shocks for say a 4.5" lift, and that way when you put in the spacers and adj shackles you'll have the shock travel for that setup... I have a friend/co-worker that did it that way on his as he could afford it and it worked great till he went to a LA 6.5" lift after running the setup I was talking about for about four years with some heavy trail and rock use (well as heavy rocks as you can find on the east coast that is)...

ArmyGuy45
07-13-2014, 11:34 AM
If you can afford a 3" with full leafs, you could run it for now, then later pick up a BB and run a set of coil spacers and adj shackles to pick up the 4.5-5" of lift you really want, and that will be far cheaper then ordering a whole new lift.. And that way if later you decide you want to go higher you can then spend the money to pick up a 6.5"+ lift... So if you can afford a 3" I'd say pick that up and especially if you order it through RC, you can call them and order longer shocks for say a 4.5" lift, and that way when you put in the spacers and adj shackles you'll have the shock travel for that setup... I have a friend/co-worker that did it that way on his as he could afford it and it worked great till he went to a LA 6.5" lift after running the setup I was talking about for about four years with some heavy trail and rock use (well as heavy rocks as you can find on the east coast that is)...

I thought about all of that but I would prob need the SYE since its an 01. My plan was to do the 4.5 inch lift and SYE with a Tom Woods drive shaft all at once.

bluedragon436
07-13-2014, 12:23 PM
Well with the 3" you'd probably be alright with nothing or possibly a small TC drop.. Then you can save up for the spacers, adj. shackles and the SYE/DS combo...

ArmyGuy45
07-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Well with the 3" you'd probably be alright with nothing or possibly a small TC drop.. Then you can save up for the spacers, adj. shackles and the SYE/DS combo...

That is very true!