PDA

View Full Version : Over regulation

Philxj4L
07-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Dear god save us from over regulation !
Yesterday, I had a couple of guys at the house from the MS society to sort some forms out. While they where there that mentioned an organisation (Sport Ability) who run events for people with a range of disabilities. Quads, off roadimg, micro light flights etc. GREAT I thought this could be a bit of fun. When they left, I went straight online to look them up. I sent an email, mainly to ask if I could use my Jeep. I explained I've been involved in off roading, both for fun and competitively for over ten years, and had a fully off road prepared (and insured) Jeep.
I got a reply this morning, due to Health and Safety, and insurance reasons I would not be able to use my own vehicle.
I would be expected to use a vehicle I've never been in before and know nothing about it's handling on road let alone off road over a vehicle I know like the back of my hand, oh, and it would be a Lard Rover ! (Misspelling intentional)
We live in a country that is over regulated to protect idiots that the gene pool wouldn't miss !
It really isn't a surprise I have no interest in these organisations.

4.3LXJ
07-09-2014, 06:50 AM
I hear ya. We have he same idiots trying to do the same thing here

Brasscatz
07-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Sheesh, I'm sorry to hear that, mate. It might be a good time to see what it takes to start your own organization. I'm sure it's probably more trouble than it's worth, but never hurts to check it out

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

bluedragon436
07-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah you'd think that it would be safer for you to run a vehicle you know and trust, over one you've never driven before and don't know anything about to include it's maintenance and how it's setup.. Seems like it'd be more unsafe to me.. I think organizations could have way more support and make more money if they didn't have as many restrictions.. I understand having them to a point, but there is a such thing as too much!!