PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to go in on cryo treating

07Negative
06-22-2014, 07:11 AM
I found a local place to do cryo treating. It's $350 though and I'm only looking to do gears. You can cryo treat damn near anything. Was wondering if anyone or even 6 folks had stuff to treat. We could make this cheap. Hit me up. Let know.

bluedragon436
06-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Wow, at least you got places to do that.. Closest place I've found so far is down in NC... If only I had gears and axles to treat... I'd ship em over!! But hopefully you can find some folks to throw in to help ease the pain for everyone..

07Negative
06-22-2014, 09:43 AM
That's the ideal

4.3LXJ
06-22-2014, 09:51 AM
If you don't find anyone, Bobby Longfield up in Lynnwood, WA will do a set for $45. You will have shipping though

Rocco83
06-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Even $45 + shipping seems like a damn good deal.

07Negative
06-22-2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks Steve! I couldn't find his info when looking. I could probably have them drop shipped from the vendor.

4.3LXJ
06-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Bobby Longfield does cryo treating regularly for stuff he manufactures. A good deal is if you buy gears form Randy's Ring and Pinion, they are down the street and you can probably get then delivered to Bobby on a parts run and save some shipping, then have Bobby ship your gears. My plan when I get around to it

07Negative
06-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Dude! Great thinking!!!!!! I haven't yet bought gears. And sadly the 4.88 for the Dana 30 are stupid expensive. My mechanic buddy flaked on me big time. And just got my $800 from him. I'm trying to avoid Yukon gears b/c something leads me to believe they are over priced. So I've been looking through other avenues.
Way off topic. But you wouldn't believe the amount of shit talking I've gotten from people about building up these axles. It actually really makes me dislike the off-road community. Not entirely. But it really reminds me of being a kid & not wearing name brand clothes.

4.3LXJ
06-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Don't worry about it Deejay, most of them are web wheelers and mall crawlers anyway.

07Negative
06-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately, not these guys. They've all built KOH buggies. It's as if you remotely take your rig off pavement. You automatically need 1 tons. However, there is a thread on NAXJA with a reply from a level headed guy that wrote, "The rocks on the internet are always bigger and harder." It made me feel a little better. But what an insult to someone who's worked long & hard to save. To turn around and have people insult your judgement in personal choice.
I keep hearing, I can get you a Dana 60 for $250. But funny thing is. I couldn't even get the damn guy to order me gears! I'm just going back to being a loner. I was far less disappointed.

4.3LXJ
06-22-2014, 05:00 PM
That is a good testimony as to why we have this forum here. Most of that D60 stuff was spawned by one upsmanship and showing off how much money you could spend and a need to have something you couldn't possibly break due to bad judgement and showing off. Even so, those things will break occasionally due to stupid

gary63
06-22-2014, 06:05 PM
I agree with steve the people that say you need to have dana 60 and bigger usually are the people who don't know how to pick lines and drive there rigs right they are foot to the floor. They are the type of people who don't know how to use there equipment right so don't worry about it they are gellus that you are going to do something they can't. So keep going and keep up the good work.

4.3LXJ
06-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Add one more thing, too much beer

07Negative
06-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Yeah, talk about a bunch of drunks. I drink plenty of beer myself, but not when critical thinking is involved.