PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Cherokee Laredo

DicktheDestroyer
06-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Hello XJTalk,

Due to my financial situation I keep pushing back my plans to build up my 1992 Cherokee Laredo. This has been my baby for years, but it's time to find a good home with someone who will appreciate it.

Other than the rims, Infinity 4-way speakers and an Alpine CD/MP3 player, this Jeep is stock.

It has the 4.0L engine with an automatic transmission and has been running strong for almost 183,000 miles. Recently replaced items include the starter, fuel tank, fuel pump and master cylinder. I will include my maintenance log with purchase. It runs well. It was my daily driver for years and served me well on camping, kayaking and other road trips.

The bad: The AC doesn't work and it's the old system. It sounds like the right front wheel bearing is going (I replaced the left in 2007). The driver door hinge is letting go. Running temp is around 225 which I feel is high. It has keyless entry, but the only clicker died years ago (a new one can be ordered from a dealer I believe). The power windows only operate from the driver door (which is fine if you're a control freak or alone). The radio antenna motor was going, so I pulled the fuse. There is some body rot on the lower panels and the rear passenger door (having spent 22 winters in Illinois, it has less rot than one would expect, but it still has some).

Extras: Extra brake lights, extra spring for the front seats, extra vacuum tube for the rear washer and Chilton's manual.

I'm asking $3000 OBO. Pick it up, sold AS-IS, cash or cashier's check. Text 815-703-8327 or email [email protected] before 10PM CST. No spam please. Pictures available, just tell me what you want to see.

slvmart
06-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Sorry to hear that you have to let go of something that you obviously took very good care of. Yes, 22 years up in our neck of the woods is a long time for any vehicle.

DicktheDestroyer
07-06-2014, 11:11 AM
I haven't received any offers. How about $2500 or best offer? The exhaust manifold and everything from the catalytic converter back were replaced in the last 5 years.

bluedragon436
07-06-2014, 01:41 PM
I think you are asking a reasonable amount for what you have, and especially in the great shape it appears to be in.. I think we only really have a few folks up in that area as of right now.. I wish you were closer to my area in DE, then I'd have a few folks over in that area contact you..

DicktheDestroyer
07-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Hey blue dragon,

Thank you for your post which reaffirmed what I thought all along. Most of the people who stopped to check it out looked at me like I came from outer space when I told them how much I wanted. I've seen stock ones like mine in PERFECT condition going for $4000 to $4500. I know mine isn't immaculate so I'm asking for less. The more those people abuse me... the more I'm tempted to store it until I can afford to build it into a wheeler myself.

bluedragon436
07-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Don't get me wrong, you def have a nice looking XJ, especially to be starting base for a wheeler.. I don't think I would drop the price on it much at all.. Just my $.02

DicktheDestroyer
10-07-2014, 06:39 AM
I'm very pleased to announce that my XJ is no longer for sale and I will finally be turning it into a wheeler! (as funds allow...)

4.3LXJ
10-07-2014, 10:15 AM
A wise decision :D

bluedragon436
10-07-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm very pleased to announce that my XJ is no longer for sale and I will finally be turning it into a wheeler! (as funds allow...)

Sounds like a much better decision!!

XJ Wheeler
10-07-2014, 05:20 PM
You won't regret it! :thumbsup:

DicktheDestroyer
10-08-2014, 06:52 AM
Attempting to sell my XJ was a desperate move. My lovely wife sold her van instead. Now she's in the JK.