PDA

View Full Version : XJ newb

WhiteDevil1311
06-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Hello

From far NW burbs of chicago and bought err traded for my first jeep product two weeks ago yesterday.

Runs great however I found this canyon when I was getting comfy to do a chassis greasing
http://i62.tinypic.com/1hczsy.jpg

Now I am struck, no clue what to do about it now.

Thanks for the welcoming.

This isnt my first four by but it is my first jeep.
I am very knowledgeable with SBC motors and pre 87 GM products.

If anyone knows anyone whom can fix this(no welder on site heck dont even have power in the garage) please let me know. Its a daily driver and totes my kids around. Had I seen this when I picked it up I would have run away fast

4.3LXJ
06-14-2014, 01:56 PM
About the only thing that comes to my mind is welding. Either you can weld the one there, take about five minutes or the aftermarket has several pre made lower control mounts you can buy and weld on. but either way, the only fix will involve welding

WhiteDevil1311
06-14-2014, 02:00 PM
smdh, gotta find a mobile welder now.

Thanks I figured as much was gonna be an idiot and grind the rust off and pressure apply JB weld or the like in there till I can replace them, Daily vehicle cant have down time during the week.

4.3LXJ
06-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Actually, you could probably find a welder to do this for next to nothing

WhiteDevil1311
06-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Im calling around getting voice mails this time of the day. Im sure Ill hear from one on monday. If I dont have to be there with them it can be done anytime.

Thanks again

got it handled, talked him down from 100 to 60 due to his location(right down the street) He'll get a 12er bonus.