PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Resevoir

Rocco83
06-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Any idea where the best place to relocate it would be? I thought about in the open space behind the battery next to the firewall, but then would it block the blower there too much? Also thought about putting it on the other side in the same spot, but then I think I will need to put a new longer hose on?

New adventures of the new bumper. Of course in the process of putting it on I had 2 bolts snap on the steering box and the other bolt is trashed enough I have to get new bolts. My father didn't know the steering box wasn't put back in place and he went to back my Jeep out of the pole barn to get a tractor out and we heard a big thunk sound on the other side of the barn when he tried to turn it. Hope nothing else was damaged in the process. Too much money going out right now. When it rains it pours.

4.3LXJ
06-13-2014, 10:54 AM
You can put it anywhere. The blower gets air from the cowl area where the wiper motor is, so you would not block it

nickyg
06-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Read about my goof when I tried to relocate mine. It might save you a headache.
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13907&page=4

Rocco83
06-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Have the vacuum reservoir done now. Just trying to fix my steering box issue. The bolt holes seem jacked up and I'm looking it over to see how hard it will be to take it out and try to clean it up. No pick n pulls have the 99 Durango V8 box.

WhiteDevil1311
06-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Where did you locate it?

I removed the side caps on the bumpers and found mine, unbolted it and it fell right out, hose was broken. I just set it behind the battery but am looking for a more secure location, new hose isnt an issue.

abebehrmann
06-14-2014, 05:04 PM
This is what I did with my horns and vacuum reservoir during installation of my stubby bumper.

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17312

Rocco83
06-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Hey Ab just a question. I was going to mount my horns like you did. Have you come across any problems with water or other crap getting down in there with the openings being up.

WhiteDevil1311
06-17-2014, 05:24 AM
I think stock they are very close to there. I know the two on my 94 are already in that spot. I sprayed the horns with never wet from rust-oleum. If you have electrical that might get wet use silicone not caulking on the connections.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

abebehrmann
06-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Hey Ab just a question. I was going to mount my horns like you did. Have you come across any problems with water or other crap getting down in there with the openings being up.

I was worried about water collecting in them so what I did was completely unbolt and flip them around so the openings are actually facing straight down when tucked up behind that bracket.

WhiteDevil1311
06-17-2014, 07:54 AM
Might flip mine today didnt think of them collecting water

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Rocco83
06-17-2014, 10:09 AM
I was going to flip mine today and fold the liner under the turn signals and screw it in, but I figure I better get my steering box issue fixed before snugging everything back up.

Rocco83
06-17-2014, 03:45 PM
This location work or will the heat at this spot be bad for the reservoir?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/18/pu4y2aju.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/18/jumahyje.jpg

Just realized I may need to throw a circle around it when I get to my computer. Originally I wanted to put it between the fuse box and battery like others had done, but my cruise control module sits there. It doesn't look like I have room to put it back by the firewall. The spot I have it seems like the best location I can find without buying some vacuum hose and rerouting it to the other side of the engine bay.

4.3LXJ
06-17-2014, 04:10 PM
A little hose might be your friend here

Brasscatz
06-17-2014, 10:55 PM
A little hose might be your friend here

I used that line on a chick once... then she married me :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it