PDA

View Full Version : Got my house today :)

Joliet Johnny
06-13-2014, 05:02 AM
It seems like yesterday I bought my 99 XJ hoping that paying probably more than its worth (4500 @ 20% interest) so I could improve my credit enough to buy a house. And to think I went to look at a 94 Wrangler and was about to leave when I spotted my 99 RED XJ. I had my XJ for just over 30 days (had a 30 day buy back warranty) when the cooling system failed and I had to replace the water pump and radiator but this site helped me through it. Shortly after that we had one of the worst snowstorms Ive seen and about 1 mile in to my 15 mile drive to work I started to wonder if it was a good idea to keep going. I did and my 99 plowed through with bald tires and made me 1 of 15 of 80ish who made it that day. Id especially like to thank Tony aka Mudderoy cause he talked me out of a dumb decision that may have made this house getting impossible. Tony I found this site cause you had the balls to pick up a mic and talk and episode 1 (about the time I bought my XJ) really made me wonder if there was a podcast for a Jeep Cherokee. Id also like to thank all the members of this site Ive interacted with, Ive learned a lot from you. I have in the past posted mostly non Jeep stuff but now I have a workspace a 2.5 wide and 1.5 deep garage, and its all thanks to me splitting from my sport compact roots and purchasing my XJ. Even today when we went to sign the papers my wife assumed we would take the Lancer or my Civic but I said "we wouldn't be doing this if I hadnt bought that Jeep, she deserves to take us there" my wife agreed (and I hope gained a new appreciation) and we did it. None of this would have happened without an XJ and this site and for that Im grateful to all of you.

Carves
06-13-2014, 06:15 AM
Congrats on the house. :thumbsup:

Brasscatz
06-13-2014, 06:48 AM
Congrats bro, great background story too

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Mudderoy
06-13-2014, 07:26 AM
It seems like yesterday I bought my 99 XJ hoping that paying probably more than its worth (4500 @ 20% interest) so I could improve my credit enough to buy a house. And to think I went to look at a 94 Wrangler and was about to leave when I spotted my 99 RED XJ. I had my XJ for just over 30 days (had a 30 day buy back warranty) when the cooling system failed and I had to replace the water pump and radiator but this site helped me through it. Shortly after that we had one of the worst snowstorms Ive seen and about 1 mile in to my 15 mile drive to work I started to wonder if it was a good idea to keep going. I did and my 99 plowed through with bald tires and made me 1 of 15 of 80ish who made it that day. Id especially like to thank Tony aka Mudderoy cause he talked me out of a dumb decision that may have made this house getting impossible. Tony I found this site cause you had the balls to pick up a mic and talk and episode 1 (about the time I bought my XJ) really made me wonder if there was a podcast for a Jeep Cherokee. Id also like to thank all the members of this site Ive interacted with, Ive learned a lot from you. I have in the past posted mostly non Jeep stuff but now I have a workspace a 2.5 wide and 1.5 deep garage, and its all thanks to me splitting from my sport compact roots and purchasing my XJ. Even today when we went to sign the papers my wife assumed we would take the Lancer or my Civic but I said "we wouldn't be doing this if I hadnt bought that Jeep, she deserves to take us there" my wife agreed (and I hope gained a new appreciation) and we did it. None of this would have happened without an XJ and this site and for that Im grateful to all of you.

Very nicely said, and even though modesty makes me want to argue just how important my personal roll was, I'll just keep smiling and say thank you.

Life is a challenge and you never know what will come. The best we can do it to keep trying. :patriot:

oderdene
06-13-2014, 08:23 AM
congrats bro, good to read the story

NW99XJ
06-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Thanks for sharing John,
It's funny how things work out sometimes.... you they say everything happens for a reason, I think this is a good case in point for that.
Congratulations on the home my friend, may you and your family have many happy years there.

4.3LXJ
06-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Congrats John

slipinkramer
06-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Wow,

Nice outlook and out come!

Congratulations!

XJ Wheeler
06-13-2014, 03:29 PM
That's awesome John! Congratulations big time bud. Now go enjoy that HOME!

bluedragon436
06-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Glad to hear everything seems to be working out... Was an awesome story to read, and look forward to seeing pics of the new place, especially with the XJ out front or cozy in her new home!!