PDA

View Full Version : What are the wires jumped?

rabies
06-11-2014, 12:07 PM
98 4dr xj with power locks/mirros/windows.

driver side.
at kick panel. in 1 of 3 main door plugs.
yellow and brown wire.
PO did this.
what is jumped here?

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad277/rick_rabies/XJ%20Jeep/NCM_0873.jpg (http://s943.photobucket.com/user/rick_rabies/media/XJ%20Jeep/NCM_0873.jpg.html)

slvmart
06-11-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but many have spliced a couple of wires in the DDM (the power door/lock/window/mirror module on the Drivers Door) when they have had power window problems. Usually some of the windows don't go up and/or down with the switch on the door, but work from the DDM. If memory serves me right, the tan wire is one of the wires.

Usually that is really not necessary, the splicing if you either replace the DDM or if you fix the hots short, believe it's caused by fatigue, in the DDM. A new DDM was about $70 when I did it.

rabies
06-12-2014, 07:56 AM
ok was jus wondering. when removing the door it kinda flops around. its ziptied up to the other wires now. all windows and door locks work beside my driv side window regulator. gets stuck and tries to go up diagnal.

i remember watching a video on that some guy shows the problem. its a plastic mechanism that breaks holding one side of the winow up. and some guy sells metal ones for $40. il make my own though. i have to find that video again though

slvmart
06-14-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm sure if you do a search for power window problems, you'll find a very good write up on the DDM repair. Personally, I don't like the rewiring as it isn't really necessary.
Sound like your issue has more to do with the mechanical guide rails, rusting out, then with electric.

rabies
06-15-2014, 12:15 AM
i was goin to fix it today.. but instead i jus took the doors off ®@B!€s :)

Carves
06-15-2014, 12:19 AM
i was goin to fix it today.. but instead i jus took the doors off ®@B!€s :)

Thats a hell of a way to deal with stuck windows .. :shocker: .. :thumbsup:

:D:D