At least it wasn't a Fiat......oops.

cantab27
06-09-2014, 06:22 PM
and someone dumped their trash next to me

yuk yeah that red ones not flash eh............:D:D

:smiley-scared003:

Hopkins
06-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Haha you know that new Cherokee owner thought he was sooo cool parking next to your XJ. Little does he know that we would never trade our XJs for those tinker toys

nickyg
06-09-2014, 09:49 PM
I wonder if the new Cherokee owner posted the same picture on the new Cherokee website.

slipinkramer
06-09-2014, 10:21 PM
No comment,

Except to say that I just can't find it in myself to be a 2014 Cherokee hater.

oderdene
06-10-2014, 05:03 AM
owning of new "cherokee" means, owner likes some off-roading,

owning of real Cherokee XJ means, the owner is off-roading long time ago

nickyg
06-10-2014, 06:38 AM
No comment,

Except to say that I just can't find it in myself to be a 2014 Cherokee hater.

I don't hate the new Cherokee to say. It's just not a "Cherokee" to me. sorta like how ford called the pinto a mustang in the mid 70's.
Good car, just poor choice of branding.

Mudderoy
06-10-2014, 06:44 AM

4.3LXJ
06-10-2014, 10:30 AM
I don't hate the new Cherokee to say. It's just not a "Cherokee" to me. sorta like how ford called the pinto a mustang in the mid 70's.
Good car, just poor choice of branding.

Yup, if they had just called it a Fiat Wannabe Jeep, I would have been fine with that

slipinkramer
06-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Admittedly, I may not have the emotional attachment to the name "Cherokee" that many of the folks do... And I do understand that it it could seem to you like Jeep has done a marketing trick to try and change the public's perception of what a Jeep Cherokee is.

It's just that to me it seems like a good thing! Let's face it, Imitation is a high form of compliment! The fact that they used the classic namesake "Cherokee" for their new vehicle is proof of the heritage, lineage and reputation that the original Cherokee possess and the respect that it commands.

nickyg
06-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Admittedly, I may not have the emotional attachment to the name "Cherokee" that many of the folks do... And I do understand that it it could seem to you like Jeep has done a marketing trick to try and change the public's perception of what a Jeep Cherokee is.

It's just that to me it seems like a good thing! Let's face it, Imitation is a high form of compliment! The fact that they used the classic namesake "Cherokee" for their new vehicle is proof of the heritage, lineage and reputation that the original Cherokee possess and the respect that it commands.

True! Imitation is a high form of compliment! and I am emotionally attached to the Cherokee name sake among other things, (I'm still wearing the same boxers I graduated high school in, they're a bit snug)... I gotta make fun of somebody. So today it's the new Cherokee. Tomorrow it might be the neighbors dog that's been giving me the stink eye.

It's all in good fun. I don't wish anybody ill. Just fun to poke em in the ribs a lil. Like a dim witted cousin at the family reunion.
Is everyone is thinking of Wayne right now?

cantab27
06-10-2014, 05:01 PM
i hears ya billybob-nickyg......... mamas still got the pic of yawl on the stil

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/10455440_737583422931306_8417157110150209336_n_zps 23ee0ea7.png (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/cantab27/media/10455440_737583422931306_8417157110150209336_n_zps 23ee0ea7.png.html)

:D:D

Brasscatz
06-10-2014, 05:26 PM
(I'm still wearing the same boxers I graduated high school in, they're a bit snug)

Hopefully you washed them since walking across the stage...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Mudderoy
06-10-2014, 05:30 PM

What if your name was Richard Simmons, and you're going through life just fine then this guy shows up...

Now I've heard that Richard is a nice and caring man, but still you have an image of who you are and then someone else comes along and when people hear your name they think of this guy.

Our XJ's aren't us, but it could be argued it is an extension of us. Especially if you've put time into modifying your Jeep. It's an insult when something so radically different is produced with the same name.

Chevy did a nice job with the Camero, Ford did an excellent job with the retro Mustang. Even Chrysler paid homage to their past muscle cars. What do us Jeep Cherokee owners get? We got a Richard Simmons.

Carves
06-10-2014, 07:40 PM
One good thing about Fiats entry into the jeep world ...

... at least the owners will have that ugly front end to look for when they leave the mall entrance,

... might help 'em avoid trying to get into a look alike, Kia, Mazda, Hyundai, whatever.

Toyota was just as dumb with revitalising a vehicle name ....

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxU0hnLgaf2TauOIgdj4wGztPR9lO9c rFuGmRLHUL5UQ1JDN12Qw

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmjy-IamMkj1e20ck7MaDrrgJHul7YaZJCx32tjU0AjkRCWfDE

Mayooo
08-09-2015, 07:18 AM
I do this all the time. Intentionally park or pull next to a new cherokee. The looks are priceless.. My opinion is, each there own. I had one college kid say to me, hey nice cherokee bro! I then asked him if he wanted to wheel. There was a trail about 3 miles from our location. He laughed and said, I don't think this will keep up with yours. It was the trailhawk version..