PDA

View Full Version : NAPA Batteries anyone?

abebehrmann
06-09-2014, 09:42 AM
So I need to replace the battery on the TJ. Was originally considering a Diehard Gold from Sears because I've heard good things about them. Sears' website is being temperamental right now so I started shopping around and found this one from NAPA:

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Battery-NAPA-Battery-84-Month/_/R-NBP8434_0398952163

The warranty is one year less than the Diehard Gold but it's also $30 cheaper and has better metrics (higher CA, CCA, and reserve capacity). Anyone ever use NAPA batteries before?

slvmart
06-10-2014, 04:03 AM
I bought a couple for my F350 diesel. They wouldn't spin the engine anywhere close to the same speed as the factory batteries and constantly discharged. Have new batteries now, and no problems. They were crap. But maybe for a 6 cyl they might be adequate.

XJ Wheeler
06-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Not sure on the prices but i have had good luck with an Interstate battery in the past. Might be worth a look. Good luck bud, batteries are a hard thing to buy in my opinion. Hard to know what's good.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

abebehrmann
06-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Not sure on the prices but i have had good luck with an Interstate battery in the past. Might be worth a look. Good luck bud, batteries are a hard thing to buy in my opinion. Hard to know what's good.

It really is tough to decipher what is good and what is bad. I've found tons of batteries at autozone and O'Reilly that are more expensive than the one that I listed above but have lesser warranties and lower outputs. It's enough to make you go crazy! I think I might chance it with the Napa Legend Premium battery, mostly because I like my NAPA store employees and it's closer to my house than Sears, lol.

XJ Wheeler
06-10-2014, 11:45 AM
It really is tough to decipher what is good and what is bad. I've found tons of batteries at autozone and O'Reilly that are more expensive than the one that I listed above but have lesser warranties and lower outputs. It's enough to make you go crazy! I think I might chance it with the Napa Legend Premium battery, mostly because I like my NAPA store employees and it's closer to my house than Sears, lol.

Ya know, sometimes it really is just something like knowing the guys at a certain store that makes the difference. If you know they won't mess around and give you trouble or just dealing with someone knowledgeable and nice can be a big advantage. Sometimes i look at amazon and a few other big parts websites like autoparts warehouse for reviews to see if something is just pure junk or not. Good luck.