PDA

View Full Version : Road trip music

07Negative
06-06-2014, 12:18 AM
What do you folks have to have on hand, for road trip music? I'll be doing one hell of a road trip in July. I need ideals. Hopefully stuff I don't have. But also, maybe this will help others. Personally, I'm pretty open minus newer R&B. Oh and no shitty rap either. Hip hop I'm ok with.

XJ Wheeler
06-06-2014, 02:13 AM
I usually hook my phone up to my aux port and use a music app (TuneIn) and have a few stations favorite.

And I thought rap was hiphop, and vice-versa?!?!

bruggz351
06-06-2014, 05:55 AM
I have a kaleidoscope of musical taste.
AWOLNATION
BoB
The Beards
Bon Jovi
Cyprus Hill
The Cat Empire
Cee Lo Green
Disturbed
Dope Boys
Eminem
Evermore
Enrique Iglesias
Fallout Boy
Fatboy Slim
Foo Fighters
Foster The People
The Fray
Good Charlotte
Gotye
Gyroscope
Hilltop Hoods
Kings of Leon
The Living End
LMFAO
Newton Faulkner
Owl City
Phrase
Pink
The Potbelleez
The Presets
Rizzle Kicks
Santana
Savage
Short Stack
Smash Mouth
Sneaky Sound System
Snow Patrol
Trombone Shorty
The Temper Trap
Tracy Chapman
Train
Uncle Kracker
Vanessa Amorosi
Wolfmother
ZZ TOP

07Negative
06-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Rap would be something along the lines of NAS, Biggie, 2pac, etc. Who I at times can listen to. But hip hop would fall along the lines of Common, Talib Kweli, Common Market, Nujabes. I don't have a actual definition of the difference between the two.

I like this station thingie though. My only concern would be cell reception while driving through eastern Nevada and Utah. I've had one of these 40gig Ipods for like 3years with no flippin music on it. My old one got stolen when the house was broken into. So I just haven't taken the time. All my downloaded music was also stolen b/c it was on the laptop. Also stolen.

It's like a full time job going through and getting all the stuff together, making sure you didn't forget anything, and all while doing that. You always come across new stuff and get all side track.

I've always got my Jazz stuff in line though. I got almost all of it on vinyl. So I just got to the wall of wax and thumb through it. The other thing that's really helpful, is the thread we have for music you listen to. I came across some really good country music on there. And I thought I disliked anything new in country music. Proven wrong, again! :)

rabies
06-06-2014, 01:46 PM
BOOM
https://soundcloud.com/#zaxstyle22/lowdown-blues?in=zaxstyle22/sets/holy-ghost-station-full-ep

bad luck
06-06-2014, 06:27 PM
I drive long distance all the time, but I get tired of music. The miles fly by if I listen to a good audio book though. And some podcasts too.

Brasscatz
06-06-2014, 08:15 PM
To be honest, for the last 3-4 years I've listened to practically nothing but MP3 Audio books whilst driving. Unless my wife is in the car that is. The Audio books really help me just kind of zone out and drive and the time flies. I get mine from my library's online resources for free, but if you don't have a library card to a participating library, you can sign up for audible.com with the xjtalk promo thing and get a free download. Books are typically 9 or so hours long.

Brasscatz
06-06-2014, 08:16 PM
ZZ TOP

Oh, you mean this guy???

Carves
06-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Oh, you mean this guy???

Which one is ZZ Top ????

ohhhh ... the one with a beard .. :p

:smiley-laughing021:

Driving music for me ... varies.

I prefer radio tho - due to the mix of music, inane announcer comments and poor advertising ... which all helps keep the brain awake a bit, on long runs.

.... shame our backblock radio stations went FM tho .... and you have to park under the antennae to hear anything .... 15mile out of town and I'm reaching for a Cold Chisel or Alabama cassette .. :rolleyes: .. :D

DicktheDestroyer
06-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Whether it's a road trip or a commute, I keep it metal: Megadeth, Manowar, Slayer, Judas Priest, Amon Amarth... Although not my favorite all-around, Anthrax is my preferred music to listen to in a Jeep.

bruggz351
06-07-2014, 04:47 AM
Oh, you mean this guy???

Oh, look at that smile...... :P There's Dusty. Where's Billy and Frank.??

nah, its.. :cool0016:
Man, I've been a ZZ fan since the early 80s, and every time they tour Australia something happens so I miss their tour. :mad:

It's on my bucket list. One day.

cheers

P.S. Your a lucky sod Brasscatz. :thumbsup:

Brasscatz
06-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Oh, look at that smile...... :P There's Dusty. Where's Billy and Frank.??

nah, its.. :cool0016:
Man, I've been a ZZ fan since the early 80s, and every time they tour Australia something happens so I miss their tour. :mad:

It's on my bucket list. One day.

cheers

P.S. Your a lucky sod Brasscatz. :thumbsup:

Lucky is correct! That was several years ago and I was in one of my dealerships when he came in to buy a G-Wagon for his lady. He's extremely nice and much shorter than I imagined. There's been a few pro athletes that have come in to the stores that I've seen, But Dusty was the only celeb that was kind enough to take a pic with me.

Rocco83
06-07-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm all about the Delta Blues when I go on a road trip.

Not sure how you guys can do audio books while driving. I get too immersed in the story and don't do a good enough job of paying attention to my surroundings.

Best way to stay awake if you are doing large chunks at a time is to drive a bit erratic and listen to the woman nag you about your driving. :p