PDA

View Full Version : Busy busy busy!!!!!

rv-errr
06-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Well peeps this [cheap jeep 300k plus mile] is taking up a lot of time and many dollars,so far I have replaced the radiator-hoses-thermostat and flushed the system next was replace all the rusted out brake lines check and bleed brakes.After roadtest new front tires cleaned throttle [that how to post was great] I still have a very rough idle [not like cylinder miss] goes away at 900 rpm still have to figure that out.took out the seats [drivers side broken frame] welded that up put on new seat covers,remove console and floor mat, pressure washed the mat let it dry in the FL sun, next replaced the headliner put it all back together .yesterday and drove to DMV in cool comfort for tags.was very pleased with my efforts until I saw the rear main seal dripping in my carport.All and all with my time and 1000 dollars invested it will be fine for a local BEATER I hope CURT

4.3LXJ
06-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Yes you have been busy. Any future plans?

abebehrmann
06-03-2014, 10:01 AM
After roadtest new front tires cleaned throttle [that how to post was great] I still have a very rough idle [not like cylinder miss] goes away at 900 rpm still have to figure that out. CURT

Hey Curt, might be worth trying out a new IAC to help smooth out your idle if cleaning it didn't do the trick. A friend had the same problem a while back and a new IAC smoothed it right out.

(Belated) Welcome to the site! I also live in Central Florida, I live in Orlando where are you at?
-Abe

abebehrmann
06-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Actually now that I think about it, I was planning on cleaning my TB sometime soon. If you aren't too far from me, you could try out my IAC while it's out to see if that might solve the problem.

rv-errr
06-04-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the reply- abebehrmann I took the throttle body off took it completely apart cleaned with carb cleaner and 150 psi air pressure to no effect.Idle is not erratic it is steady at 650 rpm and adjusts with ac on off but very rough like dropping a cylinder but gets smooth at 950-1000rpm. I my get back on it next week for more diagnosis, Its time to go fishing!!!! CURT IN KISSIMMEE.

4.3LXJ
06-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Are you getting any codes? It sounds like you should be getting a 300 something code

nickyg
06-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Are you sure it's the main seal? my oil filter adapter was leaking the wind would blow it back so it I looked like it was coming from the main seal

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk

rv-errr
06-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the replies 4.3xlj and nickyg and yes my oil leak is coming from the bell housing,with the mileage on this jeep I wont attempt to replace the seal just put a pan under it and recycle the oil or when I change the oil in my OLDS [it holds 7qts] I will put it in the XJ lol it is not really that bad.--Now for the rough idle funny thing the mil light was not on until coming back from the lake yesterday, had it scanned this am P301 AND302 [miss fire detected] plugs are new if it was coil pack I would think it would miss all the time would injectors cause these codes and problems. I am open to all suggestions and advice Thanks in advance CURT in KISSIMMEE

4.3LXJ
06-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Yes, injectors can cause this. Those injectors are sensitive to everything. Next time you fill up try some premium gas in it. That might straighten it out. It did on a 98 my son has