PDA

View Full Version : Speedo and ODO problems.

tiaanvr
05-31-2014, 11:55 AM
Guys and Girls,

I'm sure this has been discussed to the point of nausea, but I have recently acquired a 98 XJ Sport RHD, and have replaced the head gasket and crank angle sensor and a few other bits and bobs, but now...

The person I purchased the XJ from said he had replaced the transfer-case not long ago but now the Speedometer and ODO is not working (all the other gauges seem to be fine), I have checked out the earth wires behind the distributor also the plug from the harness is plugged in on the sensor with the gear in the transfer-case (I have not yet pulled the gear to see its condition). The plug for the gear train mode is also not plugged in on the "new" transfer-case (242J).

Also the horn and the cruise control on the steering wheel is not working, and the airbag light is burning in the cluster.

Who has any ideas?

Also does anyone know where I can source a workshop manual (very scarce in South Africa)

Thank you.

Tiaan

4.3LXJ
05-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Tiaan, you need to have the speedo wires plugged in. But it sounds like you need a new clock spring, located under the steering wheel. You will have to pull the steering wheel to replace it