PDA

View Full Version : hey guys im new to the forum

faction25
05-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the add guys cant wait to start asking question about my rig. Ive had my rig for about a year now running a rc 4.5 lift all adjustable and leaf pack sitting on 32 bfgoodrich all- terrains. Ill post pictures soon, however I do have a question for you guys how can I take my whole dashboard off I have a short behind my instrument cluster and I cant get to the wires its a 93 xj country edition

prerunner1982
05-28-2014, 09:52 AM
You can remove the dash in under 5 minutes.... :) http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=P3LgsmyHvQM

Just kidding. You can remove just the area around the cluster. You will likely have to pull the radio, pull the bezel that goes around the radio and cluster (just a couple of screws, but can be a tight fit if you don't have an adjustable steering column.) Once that is off you will see how the cluster uscrews and there are two connectors on the back of the cluster.

I take it your gauges are not working or intermittent? Mine does this too and is a common problem. Likely a corroded connector.

Let us know if you have any issues/questions.

4.3LXJ
05-28-2014, 10:41 AM
I would pull the cluster first. Not too hard a job.

XJ Wheeler
05-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the site! Thanks for joining and posting up. When ya get a moment put up a pic of that '93.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.