PDA

View Full Version : Interior Roll Bar

Mudderoy
05-24-2014, 08:34 PM
I was poking around looking for an interior roll bar. There are several full cages, but I was looking for a single hoop that would protect driver and passenger.

The only one I could find was from "Rusty's" and they call it a show bar.

Does anyone know of a single hoop roll bar?

XJ Wheeler
05-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Rustys is the only one i know of at the moment. But its such a simple design i am sure a shop could easily do one.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

gary63
05-25-2014, 06:42 PM
I don't think a single bar would hold up very good but if you do a small cage from the back hatch to behind the rear seat and then tie it into a bar behind the driver seat. That way you will have some protection but keep some lag room up front.

rabies
05-26-2014, 02:01 AM
wether it b a single loop or not. its better than nothing.
cage n rollbar are 2 different things though.
if cage 4point is minimum.
even 95% roll bars have 4 points.
get quality pipe. bend it. weld it. paint it.
mock up with pvc
could find TJ/YJ roll bars stupid cheap on to hack

Mudderoy
05-26-2014, 02:21 AM
No I get it that a full cage is best, I've just seen several pictures of a caved in roof after a roll over. I thought a single hoop over the driver and passenger would be the minimal protection that I should have.

If you're saying it won't help at all then I'll ditch the idea and look at the full cage in the future.

A full cage would be bad ass.

gary63
05-26-2014, 08:18 AM
the one rusty sales is just a single loop I have seen single loop bend over in a roll over and make more problems. it needs at lease 4 points to help it distribute the inpack .

OrangeXJ
05-26-2014, 08:59 AM
if I were to put a roll bar in a XJ this would be where I would get it
http://www.rockhard4x4.com/category_s/141.htm all bolt together no welding. I've seen one installed and it looks good. (It was red too) :rolleye0012:

Mudderoy
05-26-2014, 09:19 AM
if I were to put a roll bar in a XJ this would be where I would get it
http://www.rockhard4x4.com/category_s/141.htm all bolt together no welding. I've seen one installed and it looks good. (It was red too) :rolleye0012:

Yeah I was looking at that one. I like it. :patriot:

gary63
05-26-2014, 09:40 AM
I was looking at that one too. you can buy in secchins and build as you go. I was looking at 2/3 from the back and them tie it into a outside haulo loop on the roof and a excage down by the window post and into the fender and down to the unaframe.that will keep the front open for leg room and a roof rack if I want one or a place to mant lights.

4.3LXJ
05-26-2014, 09:47 AM
I have thought about it, and my son just offered me a single hoop for Father's day. However having a two door makes for a problem there. The back seat would be inaccessible. However I don't use it anyway

gary63
05-26-2014, 09:58 AM
I thought you were going to use the back seat this year ? you could do like I want to do put the loop behind the rear seat and then put a secint one by the back door tie them together then you could take outside if you want or stop there or take up front. just a thought and if I can get you thinking on that who knows what you will come up with.:rolleye0012: that we all can maybe use.:pray:

4.3LXJ
05-26-2014, 10:04 AM
I thought you were going to use the back seat this year ? you could do like I want to do put the loop behind the rear seat and then put a secint one by the back door tie them together then you could take outside if you want or stop there or take up front. just a thought and if I can get you thinking on that who knows what you will come up with.:rolleye0012: that we all can maybe use.:pray:

Well, I am a little torn in two directions on this. I haven't had anyone in the back seat for three years. It was a grand kid thing. I am going to have him camping again this year. If it wasn't for that, I was going to pull the back seat out and put my batteries from the cargo area to under a platform and gain some room to haul all the camping gear we seem to need nowadays. Then my son offers me some really cool WJ seats, both front and rear. So now I am back to wondering what I really want to do. But if I do anything, it will be more than a single hoop. I remember seeing on line somewhere clamps like the ones in the kit above for sale that could be used by the average guy to make just about any configuration.

gary63
05-26-2014, 10:16 AM
I think the same Co, sale them and another that I found if I can find them I will post them.
there was also not just clamps but a part you put inside the end to put 2 tubes to gether and you weld the parts into the tube and then you can slide together and bolt it together.
as for making more room I have notes some of the new car out now put storage boxes in the floor under were you feet go.

4.3LXJ
05-26-2014, 10:22 AM
In my case, that won't help much at all.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/Fordyce%20Trails/Carlyle%20Road/IMG_1440.jpg

It is worse now. I have stuff going on the roof too now. But it is necessary to fold down the rear seat to haul the camping gear

gary63
05-26-2014, 10:38 AM
that is what we are starting to look like. I have been looking for a 2door xj with frontend damage so I can build a camping trailer .cut the front off try into the uniframe for the hitch
then cap off the floor then you can hall camping gear and put a cage inyour reg.xj and hve rear axel part at the same time. wonder if tony want to get one more xj he already has 2.

abebehrmann
05-26-2014, 11:33 AM
In my case, that won't help much at all.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/Fordyce%20Trails/Carlyle%20Road/IMG_1440.jpg

It is worse now. I have stuff going on the roof too now. But it is necessary to fold down the rear seat to haul the camping gear

You guys go camping in style! Add a microwave and a tv and your rig would be better outfitted than my house!

4.3LXJ
05-26-2014, 01:03 PM
You guys go camping in style! Add a microwave and a tv and your rig would be better outfitted than my house!

Actually we added a portable shower. Next up is continuous hot water

Firemanray
05-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Sometime this year we are going to build a cage in my sons Xj. I've got all this new bending and rolling equipment and not much time to use it. Depending on how it turns out and how much work it is I might be willing to help you out with something Tony. You're not to far from me.

Brasscatz
05-26-2014, 06:58 PM
I sense a party at Ray's place coming.... :D

Mudderoy
05-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Sometime this year we are going to build a cage in my sons Xj. I've got all this new bending and rolling equipment and not much time to use it. Depending on how it turns out and how much work it is I might be willing to help you out with something Tony. You're not to far from me.

Hey that's very nice of you Ray, thanks!