PDA

View Full Version : 95 xj Power windows and power locks not working?

Wolfie
05-07-2014, 05:54 PM
When pushing the switch to lock. Nothing happens.

When pushups it to unlock it clicks. And nothing.

The windows either work or they don't. Sometimes if I hit the door panel it will work. But that's basically stopped working.

So my locks and windows don't work. And I need both. And when it comes to electrical... yeah I'm useless with this stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Brasscatz
05-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Kinda sounds like you have a loose ground in there somewhere

Wolfie
05-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Kinda sounds like you have a loose ground in there somewhere

Can I be pointed in a direction to start looking? Seriously have no idea where to start.

Brasscatz
05-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately, I have a 97 and I'm not familiar with the wiring inside the pre-96 door panel. You can always pull the panel and/or connectors and make sure the contacts are nice and clean as well as connected firmly. Hopefully somebody with experience with your body style xj can pop in here.

4.3LXJ
05-07-2014, 08:18 PM
You might want to pull the kick panel on the driver side and check for a broken or partially broken wire. It happens sometimes

Dredwolf
05-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Dont forget to examine the actual circuit boards for the switch assembly either. The circuit traces do crack ovrer time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Wolfie
05-10-2014, 12:08 PM
So I fixed the windows. I have this old goofy looking fuse for the windows. Pulled it. Looked at it. Couldn't tell if it was bad. Figured I'd get a new one later. Put it back in. Windows work!

Still no locks. Which blows. I'll continue searching for the gremlin.