PDA

View Full Version : Other podcasts?

HeartTheft
05-05-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm curious as to what other podcasts people listen to.

If you want to make a recommendation go ahead!

I currently listen to

The XJ talk show!

Wizards of the Coast Dungeons and Dragons official podcast
(specifically the nonprofessionally made playtests, not the professionally done announcements)

OXM (Off and on)

I'm about to start

The 4x4 podcast

Drunks and Dragons

Beer and Battle

CRITICAL HIT! DnD podcast

This is outcasted! DnD podcast

L.P.D.N.D.

DnDUI

And Dungeons and Dragons 4E adventure bu BensRPG.

Sorry for all of the DnD stuff, don't judge my lifestyle, I'm a first class ranger who's half gargoyle and half elf and I will kick your ***!

jeepin_idaho
05-05-2014, 02:06 PM
My list of podcasts is pretty long but here's my go to ones:
PodCacher
Adventure IQ
How to do Everything
Snap judgment
This American Life
Autoblog Podcast
Down and Dirty Offroad Radio Show
Wood Talk
The Mark Gungor Show

And obviously XJ Talk and The 4x4 Podcast.... Yes, I listen to my own shows. The old interviews are great to hit again because there are some gems that I may have missed or forgotten about.

Dan
Typos courtesy of Tapatalk
http://the4x4podcast.com

abebehrmann
05-05-2014, 02:23 PM
I work in a research laboratory. A lot of my work is very repetive so I listen to a lot of podcasts to help pass the time. I listen to others but these are the ones I don't miss.

Automotive Podcasts
Car Talk
Autoblog Podcast
The 4x4 Podcast
XJ TalkShow

Sports Podcasts
The BS Report with Bill Simmons
Effectively Wild, Baseball Prospectus Podcast
Fringe Average Podcast
Marginal Prospects with Kylie McDaniel
TINSTAAP

Other
This American Life
Call Chelsea Peretti (sometimes this one drives me crazy but most of the time it's pretty funny)

As you can prob tell, I like baseball and automobiles.

HeartTheft
05-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Two people said "This American Life" what's that one talking about? Is it funny?

abebehrmann
05-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Pretty good radio show, sometimes funny sometimes not. Basically there is a theme to each episode and they tell stories that somehow relate to that theme. Most of the stories are true but some aren't. They used to have a TV Show of the same name, think it might still be on Netflix.

nickyg
05-05-2014, 03:25 PM
One of my favorites (besides XJtalk and the non existent Tony and Josh show)
is Welcome to Night Vale. You have to have a twisted sense of humor or be on drugs to listen to it though.

HeartTheft
05-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Interestingly enough in my DnD sessions we have an area called "The Vale of Night" it's where a tribe of drow reside... But anyway, I wish I could say how twisted my humour is, but alas, I'd get kicked off of the site VERY quickly if I told even one joke that I say to my friends, to me, anything is fair game. Death, disease, anything.

prerunner1982
05-05-2014, 04:43 PM
XJTalkshow
4x4podcast
Radioactiveham

More Vidcast..than podcast.
Hamnation
Amateurlogic

HeartTheft
05-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Radioactive ham... Is it served with green eggs?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Mudderoy
05-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Oh yeah have a listen to the past Tony and Josh Show episodes. We are going to be doing them again Nicky! :P

I listen to the 4x4 podcast, Security Now, Science Times, and Astronomy Today.

Brasscatz
05-05-2014, 06:37 PM
For a while, Ricky Gervais had a podcast out. They are really quite hilarious to listen to. Find them on Youtube, because they aren't free from iTunes.

Rocco83
05-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Used to watch/listen to The Joe Rogan experience but that didn't last long. I'm kind of allergic to listening to people talk without being able to see them so Podcasts didn't last long for me. Main reason I quit listening to regular radio the moment sat radio and internet radio came about. Listening to people who thought they were funny on the radio killed me.

Few people I subscribe to on YouTube is about as close as I'll get to a podcast.

Rocco83
05-05-2014, 07:10 PM
For a while, Ricky Gervais had a podcast out. They are really quite hilarious to listen to. Find them on Youtube, because they aren't free from iTunes.

Until the Adam Corolla Show podcast, Ricky Gervais had the most popular one and can half assed be the big pioneer as far as pushing podcasts into popularity.

HeartTheft
05-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Joe Rogan sounds familiar, am I am idiot for not knowing who he is?

abebehrmann
05-07-2014, 10:22 AM
I know him as "that one guy from Newsradio", he's a comedian and I think he's somehow associated with UFC.

Brasscatz
05-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Was the host of fear factor too

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

XJ Wheeler
05-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Was the host of fear factor too

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

That's how i know of him. Well, and he has a cool silver challenger or cuda. Can't remember which.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.