PDA

View Full Version : Shock Identification

abebehrmann
05-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Went to the junkyard today to check out the new XJs. Found these shocks on the back of one that was lifted. Anyone recognize the brand? Extended they're 4" longer than stock, compressed 2" longer.

4.3LXJ
05-04-2014, 11:02 PM
What does the writing say?

abebehrmann
05-05-2014, 07:58 AM
The stamped writing is Q12 039 658719. Now the writing in red... not quite sure about that... appears to be some sort of Japanese writing or a design of some sort...

4.3LXJ
05-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Can't help you there. That number is a manufacturer number that I don't have any books on. Some of them I can identify, but not that one

abebehrmann
05-05-2014, 12:25 PM
I may have figured it out. Last night when I got them home, I scrubbed off the dirt that was on there and the black paint easily came off with a plastic brush. Underneath was a shiny silver. With the black paint off, they look just like the Rough Country N2.0 shocks. I'm guessing the previous owner painted them and stuck the crazy red sticker on them. Anyone have these shocks on their Jeep? I think these are part #RC-20013

bigjim350
05-05-2014, 01:11 PM
The rc 2.0 shocks have built in bump stops on them. Don't see any on those. They could be Rubicon express shocks too

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

abebehrmann
05-05-2014, 01:33 PM
The rc 2.0 shocks have built in bump stops on them. Don't see any on those. They could be Rubicon express shocks too

Hmmm, I saw those little rubber bump stops on the pics of the RC 2.2 shocks but not on the 2.0. Will do more research and post up better pics to try to figure it out. Maybe they've changed?

Not that the brand matters much to me, I was just curious as to what they are and wanted to learn more since I didn't recognize the markings on them. I just wanted a decent shock that was a bit longer than the JK shocks I have on their now to better fit my junkyard lift. Couldn't pass these up for $5.

bigjim350
05-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Oh yeah your right. I was getting the 2.0 and 2.2 confused. So yeah they could be the 2.0's

denverd1
05-05-2014, 01:46 PM
I found Doestch Tech to be everything I need in a shock. Priced right at about $40 each. They have built in stops as well. Best thing is there service. I called and told them the lift I have and year of the rig, they sent me exactly what I needed.

They even had a cool sticker that went on each shock. ;)

XJ Wheeler
05-05-2014, 03:59 PM
I found Doestch Tech to be everything I need in a shock. Priced right at about $40 each. They have built in stops as well. Best thing is there service. I called and told them the lift I have and year of the rig, they sent me exactly what I needed.

They even had a cool sticker that went on each shock. ;)

Their service did me well too. After 7 years my bushings were trash and they still sent me a new set FREE!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

abebehrmann
05-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the advice and help you guys. When I have some extra money, I will definitely spring for a set of either the Doetsch Tech or the Monroe Gas Magnum like 4.3LXJ recommends. Until then I will make these $5 junkyard ones work. My free JK shocks+ homemade BPEs have been working pretty well, all things considered.