PDA

View Full Version : DIY Bedliner Question?

Mrbreeze824
04-26-2014, 07:59 AM
Hey guys, I am going to be installing roll on bedliner in my XJ. I have done this before in my previous Jeep , but the current XJ has a small spot of rot in the passenger side floor board. The spot is all the way thru, but it's about the size of a half-dollar piece and in my opinion is not big enough to be cut out and re-welded or sheet metal and pop rivetited back in. So my question is does anyone know if the roll in liner will adhere to fiber glass cloth and resin if that's how I choose to repair the rot. Thanks in advance. :D

XjJeepacorn
04-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Yeah I use that stuff on everything!!

bluedragon436
04-27-2014, 01:50 AM
I know a few folks that have used herculiner on the interior of their boats, like on the floors after making repairs and such, some of them that have done the normal finishes, then cover it with the liner, some just put on the liner instead of wasting the time with the normal finish.. so you should be fine doing that.. that is something similar that I plan on doing with the few minor holes I have in my floors of my 90, so long as they don't turn out to be worse once I really get into checking into them...