PDA

View Full Version : I need help with eletrical

HeepJr
04-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Previose owner of my cherokee 96 classic has completly messed up the eletrical wiring under the dash. The blower motor doesnt work the stereo doesnt work when it worked the right side speakers cut in and out. There are wires that are cut and hanging underneath the dash wires twisted together moduales that dont belong. Anybody know or have the wiring diagrams and fuse diagrams and pictures that could help put it back to factory or at least fix my problem or can explain how cause im getting confused and annoyed now. I have the FSM for the jeep to but it doesnt help at all.

HeepJr
04-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum i didnt know where to post it

Purple H
05-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Did you ever get an answer on this? My wife has a '96 I'll help as much as I can. Photos etc. I have a haynes right now, don't know how much help it will be.

Pookapotamus
05-03-2014, 08:17 PM
I swapped a 96 harness into my 92, you can always go to the parts store and pick up a Haynes Manuel for the xj, has wiring diagrams in the back.

HeepJr
05-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Did you ever get an answer on this? My wife has a '96 I'll help as much as I can. Photos etc. I have a haynes right now, don't know how much help it will be.

I got a but of help but not enough any way you could send me pics of the wiring on tbe back of haynes please it would help alot

Purple H
05-03-2014, 08:27 PM
You are looking for underdash, right?

Pook, I looked this thread up on Heeps profile, there are multiple threads on this. I'll keep posting on this one unless told otherwise.

Purple H
05-03-2014, 08:52 PM
HeepJR, I just sent you a pm.

HeepJr
05-03-2014, 09:39 PM
You are looking for underdash, right?

Pook, I looked this thread up on Heeps profile, there are multiple threads on this. I'll keep posting on this one unless told otherwise.

yea under the dash

4.3LXJ
05-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Unfortunately the under dash wiring is not included in the Haynes manual. The only place you could get that is from a factory service manual.

Purple H
05-03-2014, 10:33 PM
4.3, Can you trace back lets say the wiper circuit from the switch to the motor ?

Purple H
05-03-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm looking at that circuit in the book, it does follow from the switch to the motor, but I see what your saying, would be tough to tell which was under dash & what's on the other side of the firewall.

4.3LXJ
05-03-2014, 11:35 PM
To actually do that I would have to start tearing apart wiring looms. But you can follow it by looking at colors of the wires that way. But on windshield wipers, the thing is that there is two circuits. One that is on all the time, the park function and one that comes on to take it out of park and work normally

Purple H
05-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I hear you. I'm thinking he is going to have more problems than just tearing looms apart. From another thread he was on he said the PO had rewired under there with white covered wires only. I'm guessing he is going to have to pin out all the white wires & see what is what. Quite a nightmare. I've seen this in some aviation systems and electronic assembly, they use a different system of wire coding & all the wires are usually white. I would go to Digi-Key, Granger or the like and get some wire marker tape either in color or numbered and mark them as I pinned them out. Amazon has the whole dispenser set at a better price, but you could use just the loose tape rolls, or the flat sheets, I've done all three.
:bang:

Purple H
05-04-2014, 12:34 AM
On the other hand, depending on the pick & pulls in his area, he might be better off trying to get an actual harness from them.

4.3LXJ
05-04-2014, 09:30 AM
That might be an option, but will require him pulling the dash on both rigs

slvmart
05-04-2014, 11:09 AM
I have a factory Service Manual for a 98. But I have no clue how similar that may be to a 96. If you want me to post something specific, let me know.

Purple H
05-04-2014, 11:53 AM
4.3, yeah no fun either way, might be worth it though to have the right looms to work with. I don't envy him at all. If he lived closer I would go over and help him with it. I've had some experience in the field.