PDA

View Full Version : What's This?

aventur1
04-23-2014, 08:26 AM
There are 2 of these in back cargo area one on each side. What is it? What's it for?

thetoulman
04-23-2014, 08:32 AM
holds the carpet down?
:-)

abebehrmann
04-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Been through quite a few XJs in the junkyard and never saw those before, don't think they're stock.
My best guess would be something aftermarket possibly for a wheel chair ramp or a place for a wheelchair to tie down? My dad is a mechanic that installs equipment in vehicles to make things handicap capable and those look kinda like the brackets they put on the floors of the vans so you can roll your wheel chair in and it sorta clips in.

aventur1
04-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Ha close guess, but no go. Thanks though

NW99XJ
04-23-2014, 08:47 AM
3RD ROW SEAT BRACKET?
Maybe (if the Jeep was a former service vehicle, ie; forestry service, police, municipality, etc.) ...it could also have been part of the mount for a rear cargo/utility box/carrier of some kind.
The roundy thing on the end looks like a pivot point/roller of some kind.

nickyg
04-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Come on guys!!! That's clearly the factory installed hyper drive, used for light speed intergalactic travel. A word of caution don't activate it while sitting in the drive tru!! you'll cause a black hole. unless your jeep is green then it'll open up a green hole. your safe if it's red.

gary63
04-23-2014, 10:01 AM
I will go with NW99xj it looks like part of a slide out I have see something like that for a slide out for a tablesaw.

4.3LXJ
04-23-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm with Nicky, don't activate it :D

aventur1
04-23-2014, 08:19 PM
MMMM well don't know, but I found some mega power thing that the wire led to another smaller thing that was under the hood that hooks to a stereo system and wires that lead to the back. I'll have to look to see what it says, the PO must of had a big setup and maybe some sort of roll out speaker system. Also found a 12 cd disc or maybe 10 disc Pioneer remote shuffle player under the back seat with a remote. Just new info I found today. Anyway what ever it is I'm going to pull it out and hope cosmic dust goes with it. It's a Alpine deck and Infinity speakers in the back in head liner. At any rate I don't need a thumper. The in dash deck is good enough for me. So maybe this is solved if it was for a slide out box with big speakers or maybe a portable bar?