PDA

View Full Version : Welcome aventur1!!!

BlueXJ
04-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Hi aventur1, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

aventur1
04-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Hi
Just bought a 97 last week! I used to have a 84 years ago and loved it, so I saw this deal and could not pass it up. Now I can get rid of my 98 POS Blazer...Ha. To start with just will be looking for info of what to look for right off the bat. I'm pretty much a do it yourself guy, but then again I'll pay to have something done also. I took it in to have a muffler put in and an engine clean up. Does not leak any fluids, that's good to start off! Runs out good or appears to, the front tires that are on it rub in the back in the lower corner so thinking to go the next size smaller. It does have some lift to it and not sure what size tires it has. The rubber corners on the front bumper are missing so need to locate a couple of those. I don't plan on doing any rock climbing or extreme hill climbing, just some easy off road and dirt road driving around exploring and taking photos, some metal detector exploring etc. A daily driver also. So no biggie stuff but just want to keep it mechanically sound type thing. The front header is busted at the top where the Jeep insignia use to be. I'll order one of those, other than that seems in good shape. They are going to do a vehicle inspection, change fluids and a general check over tomorrow. Has 128k and good interior so all that is good to go. Anyway just a short intro and am looking forward to getting info, insights and comments as I read the forums.
Thanks to this fourm.
Norm

EekGirl96
04-21-2014, 08:55 AM
Hi
Just bought a 97 last week! I used to have a 84 years ago and loved it, so I saw this deal and could not pass it up. Now I can get rid of my 98 POS Blazer...Ha. To start with just will be looking for info of what to look for right off the bat. I'm pretty much a do it yourself guy, but then again I'll pay to have something done also. I took it in to have a muffler put in and an engine clean up. Does not leak any fluids, that's good to start off! Runs out good or appears to, the front tires that are on it rub in the back in the lower corner so thinking to go the next size smaller. It does have some lift to it and not sure what size tires it has. The rubber corners on the front bumper are missing so need to locate a couple of those. I don't plan on doing any rock climbing or extreme hill climbing, just some easy off road and dirt road driving around exploring and taking photos, some metal detector exploring etc. A daily driver also. So no biggie stuff but just want to keep it mechanically sound type thing. The front header is busted at the top where the Jeep insignia use to be. I'll order one of those, other than that seems in good shape. They are going to do a vehicle inspection, change fluids and a general check over tomorrow. Has 128k and good interior so all that is good to go. Anyway just a short intro and am looking forward to getting info, insights and comments as I read the forums.
Thanks to this fourm.
Norm

Welcome to the forum Norm...glad to have ya!!!

Sounds like you got a good deal :)

Feel free to post up some pics of your XJ when you get a chance....we LOVE pics :camera:

XJ Wheeler
04-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Nooooorm! :D

Welcome to the site. If you have any questions feel free to post up. Sounds like the new rig is gonna be well taken care of!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
04-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Welcome Norm. Rubbing issues are easy to fix. Sounds like you have this project in hand

Brasscatz
04-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Hello and welcome!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

aventur1
04-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes....
I went to the shop where I went ahead and had an inspection done just so I know about anything. All good except for a couple items, that need immediate attention.

1---Small crack in exhaust manifold. ( I have all ready read up on this and am going to just put on an after market header. It appears if I get this one welded it will crack again later on)

2---RH lower ball joint is worn.

Anyway I'm going to post a couple of pics, only have a couple but will add more later.

Also a pic of a couple solid thick steel plates in re hatch area, not sure what they are.