PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a 3 row radiator?

Midknight
04-13-2014, 04:01 AM
I have been looking at 3 row radiators on Ebay. I was wondering if anyone is using a 3 row and how well the fit in the stock radiator location

bluedragon436
04-13-2014, 04:47 AM
I want to say Tony (Mudderoy) used to run a 3-row IIRC, can't remember who else might have or might currently be running one.. I think it partially depends on what brand and how well known they are as well as how long they've been making them for the XJ as to how well they fit, I know I remember seeing somewhere online where someone complained about a cheap one they picked up not fitting correctly...

OrangeXJ
04-13-2014, 05:16 AM
do a serach on 3 row radiators I think those that had them went back to a 2 row

Mudderoy
04-13-2014, 06:07 AM
I had a heat creep problem with my Jeep. Tried the CFS (sp?) 3 row didn't fix the problem. Eventually the entire cooling system was replaced and now I run a stock 2 row heavy duty Chrysler and it's running normal temps again.

Midknight
04-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks for your help guys

EricsXJ
04-14-2014, 11:03 PM
I run a CSF 3-row radiator in my off-road rig (2000 XJ) and a CSF 2-row radiator in our 1997 XJ which is mostly street driven.

Both fit well and I am pleased with the quality.

I am not sure if it is an anomaly between the two temp gauges, however the 2-row radiator actually cools better than the 3-row. Again this might just be the gauges reading differently. I have no plans to swap out the 3-row and go back to a 2-row, however if that opportunity presents itself I would probably get a 2-row radiator instead and I would go with the same CSF brand.

Midknight
04-15-2014, 09:24 PM
From what I have read from other jeep sites, if you do not have enough cfm running through the 3 row, it will get hot. I think I will just get a two row

bluedragon436
04-15-2014, 10:54 PM
I run a CSF 3-row radiator in my off-road rig (2000 XJ) and a CSF 2-row radiator in our 1997 XJ which is mostly street driven.

Both fit well and I am pleased with the quality.

I am not sure if it is an anomaly between the two temp gauges, however the 2-row radiator actually cools better than the 3-row. Again this might just be the gauges reading differently. I have no plans to swap out the 3-row and go back to a 2-row, however if that opportunity presents itself I would probably get a 2-row radiator instead and I would go with the same CSF brand.

Sounds like someone needs to make a product review thread!!!

From what I have read from other jeep sites, if you do not have enough cfm running through the 3 row, it will get hot. I think I will just get a two row

Sounds like a good plan... I think I'll be doing the same when it comes time for me to replace the radiator in my XJ.. You'd think the 3-row would give better cooling, and I guess it really would if you had the fan power to utilize it fully!!

TheWeiss
05-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I have a 3 row but if something goes bad with it I plan to swap to a 2 row. Its hurting my ability to fit newer, bigger electric fans. The ones I have fit and work well but they keep dying on me. I don't think they are high quality and as such, they succumb to the heat and vibrations over time and faster than I'd like. Unfortunately, I can't find much else that fits.

Midknight
06-22-2014, 04:55 PM
So I need a new radiator, where is everyone buying their 2 row radiators? I have been looking on Ebay, but do not know which one to buy, or if they are any good

XJ Wheeler
06-22-2014, 05:09 PM
I got my radiator from Advance and the cool thing is i have a lifetime warranty so i can just take it in and swap it out if something happens. Mine is a 1 row though but they do have 2 row. And their not bad on price either and usually you can get 15-20% off online with their coupon code.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.